Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

stock or near stock 350Z that kills EVOs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2005, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hueman
7/10ths is a huge margin.... the dude only has a popcharger.

I dunno man....I was sitting here with my PC clock seeing how long 7/10ths of a second is and it's nearly the blink of an eye. If one driver misses a shift or doesn't keep his car in the powerband long enough before shifting or anything like that it would spell doom when you're talking tenths like that.....at least that's what it seems like to me as I've never drag raced before.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

350z and g35s arent as fast as evos...i have never lost to one. but they are cool looking cars.

-Steve
Old Jan 4, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

We also own a '03 Maxima SE, it has a similar engine to the Z but not quite as powerful. The Max is definitely not a drag car (FWD, torque steer, etc.). Still, that V6 is extremely powerful. I test drove a Z a while back and it felt very quick. Don't forget that the EVOs tend to fall flat in the higher revs and gears. I would not be surpriced if the Z kills EVOs with the right driver.....
Old Jan 4, 2005, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

7 tenths is a huge difference when it comes to drag racing, it's a car length or more. But I'm starting to understand that maybe from a roll, a race would be closer than I first suspected, but I still believe this guy's claims of 23 victories and 1 defeat to EVOs is total crap, the more likely outcome is 23 defeats and 1 victory.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

well, the issue here is that he hasn't just killed one or two evo's, he's killed 20 some-odd evo's. the only problem with that is that i find it unlikely that he's found 20+ evo's that are all close to stock and all with poor drivers. sure stock to stock from a roll, the evo loses some of its advantage, but it's hard to believe that none of those evo's had at least a MBC and TB exhaust... in which case the 350z should have lost, even with a sub-par driver in the evo.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HoLeeRay
well, the issue here is that he hasn't just killed one or two evo's, he's killed 20 some-odd evo's. the only problem with that is that i find it unlikely that he's found 20+ evo's that are all close to stock and all with poor drivers. sure stock to stock from a roll, the evo loses some of its advantage, but it's hard to believe that none of those evo's had at least a MBC and TB exhaust... in which case the 350z should have lost, even with a sub-par driver in the evo.
Of course you are right It's not a question of whether the Z can or cannot kill a particular EVO at a particular time. It's about the truth of this crazy guy's post. Hell, we all have a hard time finding another EVO from time to time. Let alone to find 20 EVOs and all of them ready and willing to race ..... It could take years of driving around with nothing to do but looking for this in order to make it happen
He's full of ****!
Old Jan 4, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HoLeeRay

agreed.....1 or 2 maybe....but 20+......I don't think so.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

I guess I didnt realise that we drove such contested cars. I mean I am by no means a good driver, but I would hate to get beaten once and fill up some guys ego enough to go brag about it. Its just to bad that people have to be dicks....congrats on his victory but I dont see the greatness in beating a crappy driver.

Also, there is now 1, 03 evo remaining in my area....mine. The other 8 have destroyed theirs. And even if you count in the 04 and 05, there isnt anywhere near 20. I see more Sti's. Has this guy been to one of our gatherings?!
Old Jan 4, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by loj68
I dunno man....I was sitting here with my PC clock seeing how long 7/10ths of a second is and it's nearly the blink of an eye. If one driver misses a shift or doesn't keep his car in the powerband long enough before shifting or anything like that it would spell doom when you're talking tenths like that.....at least that's what it seems like to me as I've never drag raced before.
no you're right, in time instances it is not long... but in distance in a drag race it's quite a ways...
Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:15 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
So we've establish the Evo wins a drag race, the Z wins a high speed highway race, and the 22-1 poster is most likely full of it. Anything else?
Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
So we've establish the Evo wins a drag race, the Z wins a high speed highway race, and the 22-1 poster is most likely full of it. Anything else?

yeah, that about sums it up for me as well.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
we forgot to mention that the srt-4 will own all from a roll. j/p
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:33 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by loj68
yeah, that about sums it up for me as well.
Fantastic. Closed before it becomes a flame fest.