Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

WRX Sti

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2003, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WRX Sti

http://impreza.subaru.com/microsites...sti/wrxsti.jsp

Six Speed!!! 300Hp!!! 300 Torque!!! And style to boot. My money is now going to the Subaru Sti, sorry Lancer VIII
Old Jan 14, 2003, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

wow really? i had no idea about this.

just kidding. i guess you missed the great "sti vs. evo" debate last week. you should wait to test drive them both before you make such a rash decision.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

One more thing, the price for the Sti is not yet release...
Old Jan 14, 2003, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

If you think it's coming to with all that, you're outa your mind.. no way will the Sti pass Cali emmissions standards in that form. God, the WRX needs 3 cats!! Can only imagine how much they'll rob from it..
Old Jan 14, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Actually this version of the STI is only avaliable in North America. The North American STI gets a 2.5L engine. Like cup said...all this was dicussed about a week ago so if can probably find more detailed info on a search through the forums.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 03:10 PM

est cost is $35k from my good buddy at the scooby dealership...how accurate it is i have no idea.
Alan
Old Jan 16, 2003, 03:15 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: WRX Sti

Six Speed!!! 300Hp!!! 300 Torque!!! And style to boot. My money is now going to the Subaru Sti, sorry Lancer VIII [/B][/QUOTE]

good! enjoy my taillights!
Old Jan 16, 2003, 03:38 PM

Well I want an EVO but my dealer want 32K and that is fn out of control. So I am going to wait 1 year and get something new. Chioces (RSX, WRX, new mazda 6, 350z,or find someone who can't afford there EVO anymore and will sell it) Most likely WRX or 350z. Test drove 350z and it drives just as nice as it looks. My spending rate 26K and can buy any car on the list except EVO. Don't get me wrong I love my OZ and paid very little for it and have nice mods but a 15k jump in price is to shady for me when you can have a car just as fast for 6k less and can find one. My dealer is getting 10 total and 5 are already spoken for I can walk in to Nissian or Subu and pic one out that i like. They told me that they would pre sell all of them and I do believe that will happen for sure. They need to drop that price to the High twentys but it won't happen because people are buying them like crazy and they are getting low thirtys with no contest.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Yes but there is a lot less EVO's on the road than WRX's. My money is still on the EVO.

Cheers
Old Jan 16, 2003, 05:25 PM

Finally the US gets some nice cars. Evo, STi, RX-8, 350z! Should be a fun year I wish the Evo didnt come with altezza's though. Oh well I guess one could always change them out. We should have a Evo/WRX/STi meet once all the cars are out

Jason
Old Jan 16, 2003, 07:23 PM

went to the philly auto show and talked to two different subaru sales people on two different occasions and was told it was going to be released in june at 33K to start. also heard that better redesigned headlight assembly will be coming in august for it. just some food for thought
Old Jan 16, 2003, 07:58 PM

The Facelift will be at dealers in March. The STi will be at dealers in May. The price weight and Boost and not announced yet. Any of those figures you hear are nothing more than educated guesses.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by Alan
Yes but there is a lot less EVO's on the road than WRX's. My money is still on the EVO.

Cheers
I see a WRX maybe once every 2 weeks around here. Remember this is the USA, not Australia, so WRX's are still relatively unusual to see on the road.