Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Thinking of trading EVO in for SVT Focus -- thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2005, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started to read this thread and the first thing that popped in my head was, "Why doesn't this guy look at the Ralliart?" Then I read more and noticed that some others had the same idea. You could get an 04 for like 13 grand (a lot less than I paid for mine ), plus it will have a lot more bang for the buck than the SVT. Gas milage is pretty damn good too.

I've never driven the SVT personally, but I have driven a base model Focus before as a rental car for a week. All I have to say is that was one of the worst cars I've driven. I couldn't wait to get out of that thing. It wasn't so much that it was underpowered, because I expected it to be like that. What annoyed me the most was the set up of the interior. Nothing seemed to be in a logical or comfortable place. Having that car totally turned me off to the Focus and only rienforced my dislike for Ford and American cars (no offense Mustang, I still love ya ).

All of this was before I bought my my RA. At the time my regular car was a worn down Plymouth Duster. So it's not like I was driving high class cars then jumped in the Focus for a week.

That's just my 2 cents. I'm sorry if it doesn't give you want you want to know about the SVT, but I think it's still something to think about.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

They look pretty cool for a focus. I have never driven one. What about a used ralliart?
Old Apr 3, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

I know that most people aren't answering your question about the SVT specifically, but if you truly feel that you will prefer the lower payments over a occasional toy then go with ANY other car with a good price/functionality and any other factor (fun to drive..) that you want.

Old Apr 3, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

i would say just keep the evo, i dont have any first hand knowledge regarding the SVT but the few focus' that i have driven i was very unimpressed, and i think it would be a tough trade. not to mention, isnt the focus the most recalled vehicle on the market right now? good luck, and sorry i dont have anything else to offer.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

I've driven the SVT focus around a bit. It wasn't a bad car really, the only thing that sucked was the gas mileage AND it had to use premium.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 03:09 PM
Account Disabled

again .... the svt focus is horrible.. i had one for a week..... lol... then someone stole it... i was overjoyed... lol ... went out an bought an lancer es and threw the rest of my spare cahs at college... i would take my es over it just suz i feel my car is more reliable/better looking...

buy a rallkiart i just test drove one about 4 days ago when i had the trade in ideas runn rampid again.... nice car... killlER torque
Old Apr 3, 2005, 03:43 PM

Havent driven one but my friend has one and ive been in it....its SLOW.....dont do it.....test drive one and u'll see....if i had to give up my evo for something cheaper it would be a wrx(used) or an srt4 new or used...but since u dont like either keep the evo...you'll hate yourself if u buy a focus...lol
Old Apr 3, 2005, 03:45 PM

ohh yea u could buy a 95 m3...u find those pretty cheap ,my friend picked one up for 14k about 2 years ago so u should find them real cheap if u look good enough
Old Apr 3, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

whatever makes u happy?
Old Apr 3, 2005, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

ride a bike
Old Apr 3, 2005, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

If I were you, I would much rather sell the car to a private party and get myself a Volkswagen Jetta TDI. Great gas mileage, very torquey, a refined interior, and a bulletproof motor that can last well over 300,000 miles with ease.

Or lease a BMW 325i and get free maintenance for 4 years/50,000 miles
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Look people -- just quit replying if you don't have anything to say about the car I asked about. I'm well aware of the other possibilities that are out there.

Once again, I have zero interest in an M3, SRT-4, WRX, RA, RSX, etc. Quit wasting my time.

Cabo
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

if you get an svt get a cobra not a lame focus
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
^ to answer ya question, you won't get much help about an SVT on here.
So what's the point of the "Other Cars" section then?

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Ralliart runs 87, the rsx-s runs 89. IMO get a ralliart, its still a sedan, MIVEC is great, good peppy 2.4L motor, comparable to an SVT and you could trade your evo in for a RA and get a hell of a deal.
I'm really not interested in getting another mitsu 4 door sedan. I may as well keep the EVO, since I like the AWD.

Cabo
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dave9172
if you get an svt get a cobra not a lame focus
RWD is out of the question. Besides, it wont save me any money, it will cost me more.

Is anyone here getting the point yet?

Cabo

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading EVO in for SVT Focus -- thoughts?