Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Thinking of trading EVO in for SVT Focus -- thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2005, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ary/index.html

For what it's worth here is a rundown on what motortrend thinks of the cars in the SVT class, including the new SVT replacement. Please don't yell at me, I'm only trying to help.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cabo
Cool pics. Unfortunately, the one I found does not have the EAP. It does appear to have the HIDs though (I'll find out for sure this weekend). Do you know if you could get the HIDS without the EAP in the '04 model?

Also, do you have any idea of how difficult / easy it would be to convert a non-EAP to an EAP? I want the HIDs, leather seats, 15 spoke wheels, and heated mirrors.

I'm glad to hear at least someone has had a good experience with one of these cars. I'm really just looking for a fun, not-as-high-strung-as-an-EVO, lower maintenance, lower insurance, daily driver.

Cabo
You can definitely get HIDs in any SVT Focus from 2003-2004. The EAP is not easy to convert, mainly because of the cost of the parts. The EAP is an SVT focus with every option standard + leather recaros and 15 spoke gunmetal alloys. In 2003, it also involved one of two special colors, yellow and orange, but in 04 EAP was available on all colors. The wheels are only $109 each but the recaros are many thousands of dollars. Heated seats and mirrors are part of the cold weather package which is optional on the standard SVT focus, which also includes traction control. Maintenance is easy, not much different than standard Focus maintenance, and on the highway I get around 30 mpg. It's really a fun, versatile car.