Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Skyline gtt r34 forsale

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are no GTS's in the R34 range.

R32 GTS - RWD, 2L non turbo.
R33 GTS - RWD, 2L non turbo.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mercedevo
Hey ralliartevoIII where did you go. Any new mods on your evo yet? Dont come back in town without your skyline. Where are you getting your skyline? I think your full of B/S
Best bet for you is to just look around online. MotoRex is out of business from what I know so good luck there. Just look on ads and eBay and such and maybe one day u'll have yourself a real R34 VSpec II.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

There are no truly legal skylines in America... If you want one, you can get it, but it will be "quasi-legal."
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Any Skyline imported here would be a grey market car. Good luck getting insurance.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:42 PM
spt
Evolved Member

There are a few ways of doing it. I'm putting together a big article on some of the research I've been doing for a few weeks now. How to import is the most common question when it comes to GTR's, GTS's, etc.

Bottom line is make sure the car is really worth going through a lot of trouble and putting out cash upfront to bring it in.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:46 PM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redINTEGRA
i thought they were called skyline GT-S ???

The standard R34 is available either with all-wheel-drive or rear-wheel drive. Of the standard versions there are five now, all of which come in coupe and sedan form: the R34GT, powered by the RB20DE with 140hp, the R34 25GT-V with the RB25DE engine and 193hp; the R34 25GT and 25GT-X, which get optional AWD, and last but not least the top-of-the-line R34 25GT-t, powered by the RB25DET with 280hp. There are no Coupe-versions for the GT-X and 25GT RWD models, though.

More info can be found here
Old Apr 20, 2005, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

A performance shop around here has a skyline that looks legal, but it's on dealer plates lol
Old Apr 20, 2005, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

NHTSA has a moratoruim on federalizing ANY Skylines. JK Technologies in Baltimore did the DOT crash research on Skylines for Motorex. Motorex submitted the information to NHTSA and in an affadavit swore that all of the R-32, -33 and -34 variants were of the same configuration and that the door crash bars installed (to make them US DOT crash-legal) were the same for every model.

That worked for a few years. The chief mechanic at JK Technologies quit and started his own company federalizing cars. He tried to import a Skyline R34 and submitted paperwork to NHTSA that was radically different than the information contained in the Motorex affadavit. NHTSA investigated and found that the R-x variants were substantially different so as to warrant unique procedures for each variant.

NHTSA has fined Motorex heavily, essentially running them out of business. JK Technologies is laying low and not filing for any new vehicle conversions. The federalization of Skylines is dead and probably will not be allowed again until they are antiques. You can import one, but you can never register it.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:03 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smittyinva
NHTSA has a moratoruim on federalizing ANY Skylines. JK Technologies in Baltimore did the DOT crash research on Skylines for Motorex. Motorex submitted the information to NHTSA and in an affadavit swore that all of the R-32, -33 and -34 variants were of the same configuration and that the door crash bars installed (to make them US DOT crash-legal) were the same for every model.

That worked for a few years. The chief mechanic at JK Technologies quit and started his own company federalizing cars. He tried to import a Skyline R34 and submitted paperwork to NHTSA that was radically different than the information contained in the Motorex affadavit. NHTSA investigated and found that the R-x variants were substantially different so as to warrant unique procedures for each variant.

NHTSA has fined Motorex heavily, essentially running them out of business. JK Technologies is laying low and not filing for any new vehicle conversions. The federalization of Skylines is dead and probably will not be allowed again until they are antiques. You can import one, but you can never register it.

Wow I didn't know that. How did you get your info?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sptsi
Wow I didn't know that. How did you get your info?
I am in the automotive industry and my company works very, very closely with NHTSA.