Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

what makes a good project car?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what makes a good project car?

im planning on selling the evo, due to money & college. Im going to buy a daily driver after that, but im not putting any money other then the cost into that one. This does not mean im going to stop wanting to work on my own car. When I get some money saved up I want to get a project car, however I dont know what to get. I was thinking along the lines of a DSM, due to the avalability of parts and resources.....however it seems to be getting harder and harder to find one of those stock anymore. Grant it this wont be for a while, but does anyone have any ideas on some project cars?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you wanna go with a domestic maybe look into an 86-87 buick Grand National. You can often find them relatively cheap if you find a stock one, definite potential and very sleeperish. Not sure you wanna go that direction though. DSMs are totally good for a cheap fast car though.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
grand national is t3h dr00l.

i'd probably go with a 99 impreza RS or a miata.