Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: Would you participate or like to see an EVO vs. SRT-4 Competition?
Yes, I would like to compete in or see an EVO vs. SRT-4 competition (drag racing and/or road course)
78.08%
No, I would not like to compete in or see an EVO vs. SRT-4 competition (drag racing and/or road course)
21.92%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

EVO vs. SRT-4 Competition???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4 vs evo competition, sounds good to me! even tho its pointless. srt4 is not even close to be compared to a evo esp my evo x mr. srt4 only race on rolls. those *****es scared to race from a dig. evos are all round race car. drift, time attack, drag and so on, srt4 are just loud and thats all. **** piece of ****. if i was rish i would of bought every singel srt4 there is and my my dick in it until it chokes on it.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

any car can be fast, it all comes down to money...ive seen some insanely fast srt4s from a roll, so it all comes down to who loves what car we love evos they love neons its all the same
Old Jan 31, 2009, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlowEvoXmr.NOT
srt4 vs evo competition, sounds good to me! even tho its pointless. srt4 is not even close to be compared to a evo esp my evo x mr. srt4 only race on rolls. those *****es scared to race from a dig. evos are all round race car. drift, time attack, drag and so on, srt4 are just loud and thats all. **** piece of ****. if i was rish i would of bought every singel srt4 there is and my my dick in it until it chokes on it.
drift? only evos that drift have insane amounts of mods to be rwd, plus evo x is mostly an "all around car" meaning its supposed to be somewhat sporty but be more luxurios than the 8 and 9 that was meant only to go fast except the mr which still cant compare to the x..not to bash the x just putting the info out there that everyone loves certain cars and they love something that in there mind is cool
Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Why would you bump this thread only to spout BS? I'm sorry but your Evo isn't a race car, it's a street car. I have never understand why Evo and STI owners get so butthurt about the SRT-4, oh my god, a cheaper FWD car that's as fast or potentially faster than the almighty AWD "monster". If you're that insecure about what you drive, sell it.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:04 PM

its a srt4 not a . made by mitsubishi tho. i dont like srt4 and never will. am from stl. everyone hear with a srt4 think they hot ****. but they race cars that are bone stock and none turbo. i raced one when i had a evo 8 stock and i won, after the race i parked my car and they came and egged it. so since then i been ****ing every srt4 there is. am just emberessing every singel one there is.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Srt 4 are fast though for a street car. I just don't like it when srt 4 owner that put on bolt on and upgrade turbo and claim they are 400-500hp and can beat Evos. Any cars can be a compete with any cars. I just don't like it when the have a non turbo cars compared to turbocharged cars and 4 banger going against v6-v8.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

I find it somewhat ironic that Evo owners get pissed about SRT-4 owners having an ego yet they talk like the Evo walks on water and heals the blind.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Evo freed the slaves.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:09 PM

well am lucky i own a evo 10 mr. i worked every day since i sold my evo 8 and thats been 2 and a half years with driving a civic. and for soem srt4 fool to come to me and say that evo is a emberessment to mitsubishi does tick me off a bit esp when they driving a skittel that chokes on stock PSI
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I sense fail. I would stop now.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlowEvoXmr.NOT
well am lucky i own a evo 10 mr. i worked every day since i sold my evo 8 and thats been 2 and a half years with driving a civic. and for soem srt4 fool to come to me and say that evo is a emberessment to mitsubishi does tick me off a bit esp when they driving a skittel that chokes on stock PSI
So basically you want everyone to treat your Evo like a race car and a street god despite the fact that there are many cars out there that are cheaper and faster. I have a feeling that their "skittle" could embarrass your all-mighty Evo. I think they run pretty high boost stock and have the capability of running more. 400 WHP SRT-4s are not that uncommon.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

I think we should leave our evos at home and woop the neons with our huffy's.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:30 PM

stock vs stock i would own. have u ever seen a srt4 win on a dig i havent? hav eu seen a srt4 on a course run, i havent? havve u seen them rally anwyere i havent? but i did see few being sold couse the onwers want the new evo x my twin clutch will so come on handy plus i beat few srt4 on a roll with my mr and they werent stock plus the car has no weight thats why they are fast. but hoenstly lets do this srt4 vs evo and we see from there.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

I think you drastically overestimate your Evo. From a standstill (like in a sanctioned 1/4 mile race), you should win. However, that's due to your AWD advantage. On a road course, that advantage disappears. If you want more evidence of this, the Caliber SRT-4 runs the 1/4 mile in 14.6 seconds at 100.3 MPH. The MR runs it at 13.7 at 100.2 MPH. The times are drastically different yet the trap speeds are nearly identical. Clearly the SRT-4 is having difficulty getting off the line. What's interesting is the difference is 0-60 time is about the same as the difference in 1/4 mile time.
Actually the SRT-4 (neon and caliber) was and still is used in rallying. It's also a good, cheap drag car and a decent track car. I'm guessing your the kind of guy who bad mouths the Cobalt SS despite the fact that it's as fast or faster than your precious MR.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude's an embarrassment to the Evo community... don't egg him on

Quick Reply: EVO vs. SRT-4 Competition???