Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: Would you participate or like to see an EVO vs. SRT-4 Competition?
Yes, I would like to compete in or see an EVO vs. SRT-4 competition (drag racing and/or road course)
78.08%
No, I would not like to compete in or see an EVO vs. SRT-4 competition (drag racing and/or road course)
21.92%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

EVO vs. SRT-4 Competition???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO vs. SRT-4 Competition???

Is it just me or is about time for an EVO vs. SRT-4 competition??? It's about time the SRT-4s had their egos smashed, I seriously don't think it would be a close competition, the EVOs would easily win. I mean some SRT-4 owners are cool, but a lot I just don't know about, and it's about time they got put into their place. Look not bashing the SRT-4, I think it's a great car, but come on it's not that great, and seriously it's not even about that, it's their attitudes towards other cars. Seriously it would be very interesting to see, how many EVO owners would actually be game?
Old Apr 26, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
i'd be game... especially if it's in so cal...

just note srt4's can be fast... freeway pull they can keep up... it's crazy of what they could do to their motors... but then again.. we can do just the same...
Old Apr 26, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

I'd be game too if only my Audi wasn't so f*ckin slow
Old Apr 26, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Is this going to be straight line only??? I already AutoX and I know that in general we see very few SRT4s at the AutoX. Lots of Wrxs, a few Evos and only 1 or 2 SRT4s.

The SRT4 can be very fast in a straight line, but every time I see one head for a curve all I see is brake lights.

Part of what I love about the Evo is the All around performance... go, stop and turn!!
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Is it just me or is about time for an EVO vs. SRT-4 competition??? It's about time the SRT-4s had their egos smashed, I seriously don't think it would be a close competition, the EVOs would easily win. I mean some SRT-4 owners are cool, but a lot I just don't know about, and it's about time they got put into their place. Look not bashing the SRT-4, I think it's a great car, but come on it's not that great, and seriously it's not even about that, it's their attitudes towards other cars. Seriously it would be very interesting to see, how many EVO owners would actually be game?

you'll have your hands full with some of those modded SRT-4's. They're running in the 10's with street driveable cars and slicks while putting 400+hp to the wheels. If I had an EVO I'd shy away from this because I'd hate to lose and be the guy that ends up in some "SRT-4's Rule" vid on the web for eternity. And honestly, it's a pointless competition anyways....these cars aren't in the same class at all....you might as well throw Civics in the mix for good measure.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by loj68
you'll have your hands full with some of those modded SRT-4's. They're running in the 10's with street driveable cars and slicks while putting 400+hp to the wheels. If I had an EVO I'd shy away from this because I'd hate to lose and be the guy that ends up in some "SRT-4's Rule" vid on the web for eternity. And honestly, it's a pointless competition anyways....these cars aren't in the same class at all....you might as well throw Civics in the mix for good measure.
If your afraid of losing then you shouldn't even have one of these cars. Just get a Minivan so no one will expect you to be fast. Are there some fast SRT4s... of course there are... there are also some very fast civics, 350s, RX-8s, etc. But the Evo is a very capable car and there are some very fast Evos out there also. Why not see the best of SRT4s vs the best of EVOs???
Old Apr 26, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Scooter
If your afraid of losing then you shouldn't even have one of these cars. Just get a Minivan so no one will expect you to be fast. Are there some fast SRT4s... of course there are... there are also some very fast civics, 350s, RX-8s, etc. But the Evo is a very capable car and there are some very fast Evos out there also. Why not see the best of SRT4s vs the best of EVOs???
i agree but i think that you can own the car for other reasons than racing or never being afraid. like the sheer joy of driving and performance
Old Apr 26, 2005, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

if it will shut them up then yes
Old Apr 26, 2005, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL MR
if it will shut them up then yes
LOL
Old Apr 26, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

srt-4's are a joke
Old Apr 26, 2005, 01:48 PM

shouldnt SRT4s be compared to cars such as cobalt SS, RSX-S, WRX, and eclipse. I think the evo is in the class of higher bad boys, not little front drive cars like those.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Exactly
Originally Posted by redINTEGRA
shouldnt SRT4s be compared to cars such as cobalt SS, RSX-S, WRX, and eclipse. I think the evo is in the class of higher bad boys, not little front drive cars like those.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 02:12 PM
Account Disabled

Hmmmm SRT-4 is having big problems with Cobalt SS my friends and they have the guts to compare to us?!!!! Wow now that is quality entertainment. First of all there is no SRT-4 into the 10s. People that say that, are full of it. I talked with a couple of shops that tried to get the car into the 10s and they blew up 4 engines. These cars are extremly cheap built and I really don't know why people keep saying they are strong in a straight line. I raced my friends Srt-4 with Stage 3 on it and I stay 3 cars ahead everytime. All I did to my car is a TBE, and MBC. That is it and the guy cannot ever beat me. When I drove his car and he drove mine he pulled 5 or more cars ahead. So just to show you..... But my friend is really cool. He cannot afford a Evo so he bought a SRT-4. He never tought that he could take me even if he upgraded to max. SRT-4 sould worry about Cobalt SS, Saturn and RSX-Type S.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redINTEGRA

that's my point as well
Old Apr 26, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cet_euro
Hmmmm SRT-4 is having big problems with Cobalt SS my friends and they have the guts to compare to us?!!!!

note that no SRT-4 owners compared themselves to EVO's on this thread....it was the other way around.

And personally, for every arrogant SRT-4 owner I've seen on the web there's an EVO owner acting like his **** doesn't stink either so in that regard it's a wash. The good thing about a contest like this I guess is that there WILL be cocky EVO owners and cocky SRT-4 owners who will lose.

Originally Posted by cet_euro
These cars are extremly cheap built and I really don't know why people keep saying they are strong in a straight line.
because they are strong in a straight line......doing the 1/4 mile in the 13's in stock form for a $20k car is amazing......do some more reading rather than basing your opinion on one experience with the car. Just doe some searching on "SRTGIRL". I'd like to see her show up to this thing.

Last edited by loj68; Apr 26, 2005 at 05:27 PM.

Quick Reply: EVO vs. SRT-4 Competition???