Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Don't flame me... Tried an SRT-4 today. =p

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005 | 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

I think the Eclipse has the 2.4 Mivec in the GS model (just like us!) and the 3.8 Mivec in the GT.

The 3.8 is like 260 hp, and the Ralliart is lighter than the Eclipse, so yeah, in a Ralliart that engine would rock. But you give up alot of economy with that motor, and just stuffing a big motor under the hood strikes me as against the nature of the car.

But it would be cool...
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Cracks me up when I hear people trying to disparage the SRT4 by saying it's a "Neon". They COMPLETELY miss the point. The whole beauty of the car is the fact that it IS a Neon. In fact, I'd find it even more appealing if they'd get rid of some of the silly styling cues and make it look more like the Neon's you'd get at Hertz Rentals. What a sleeper. I'd buy one in a second if they made it more plain. I guess the R32 is just a VW, the EVO is just a Lancer etc, etc.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

I'm telling you man, it was funny as hell. I was telling my bud who was with me how it was a "bad-@$$ Neon" and the salesman almost bit my head off!!

My other buddy mentioned shaving the logos and scrapping the wing and rims and making it a sleeper and the salesman was just confused.

He was quite the sales machine, let me tell you!

My major gripe is the Neon styling... they just aren't attractive cars to me.

Last edited by Ralliartist; Aug 30, 2005 at 06:36 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kordwood
The whole beauty of the car is the fact that it IS a Neon.
With dependable lasting heritage.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
Well, it is still a Dodge!
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I had to. It was possibly the worst example of "thats the true beauty".. lol. Its been the lowest ranked car in nearly every category on every review I've seen. =/
(oh sorry, says me with the college car/rental car)

Last edited by wiretap; Aug 30, 2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Really the SRT-4 may be fast but can it do this!?!?!
Attached Thumbnails Don't flame me... Tried an SRT-4 today. =p-untitled.jpg  
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

I have both an Evo and a SRT-4 and I like them both. The SRT-4 is a nice car with good power and some nice features for the price.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

My bro had a heavily modded STi he sold a while back due to mechanical problems. Anyways, he's looking at the SRT-4 now and was impressed with what you get for the money. He's waiting for a commemorative edition to be shipped in for him, which should be here next week. I road with him when he test-drove the car and it really wasn't bad. It's not an Evo, but then, it's not trying to be one. It's cool and fast in its own right. Besides, Mitsu doesn't offer stage upgrade kits with a warranty like Mopar does. I'm screwed if something major breaks on my Evo.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Ya, you can't really compare the SRT-4 and Evo to each other..

Its like comparing an E-machines computer to an Alienware.. its bang for the buck I guess that does it for some people.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Yup...

-
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

This from someone driving a Mitsubishi product LOL! Yeah, everybody knows that those Mitsu's rank right up there as far as quality goes LOL.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

-

Still here??? And still pissed that we're laughing at your domestic crap? Hey look at me, I say it's crap and I'm laughing while I'm saying it...

I mean c'mon, what possible advantage can you get from coming over a Lancer forum and posting any dumb comment about some of the best cars out there? It's not our fault if you chose to buy a piece of crap... so get over it, sell it and buy a real car. May I suggest the RA? Unless you can afford it's big sister the EVO of course...

-
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 08:58 AM
Account Disabled

Its like comparing an E-machines computer to an Alienware.. its bang for the buck I guess that does it for some people.
LOL, NERD!!!!!

/too bad I'm a nerd cause I got what he's saying

but alienware is crap now (used to be a lot better). Voodoo or falcon northwest are top dogs in my eyes
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kordwood
This from someone driving a Mitsubishi product LOL! Yeah, everybody knows that those Mitsu's rank right up there as far as quality goes LOL.
Never heard that line from you before, LOL. I could pull it out of like 10 of your other posts. It must be binded to f1 as a hotkey or something.

Like I said before.. The lancer is rated top 5 most reliable cars on Consumer Reports.