Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Don't flame me... Tried an SRT-4 today. =p

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005 | 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GreenPsycho
LOL, NERD!!!!!

/too bad I'm a nerd cause I got what he's saying

but alienware is crap now (used to be a lot better). Voodoo or falcon northwest are top dogs in my eyes
yea, rgr that. I was going to say voodoo/falcon, but too many newbs wouldn't get what i was saying. You must be uber-133t.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

lol, this thread is hilarious, the title did it for me "DONT FLAME ME" was the 1st 3 word

but ya i dont mind the SRT-4's, buuuuut I hate how it has straight piping and all you hear is "POP POP POP" when there driving...
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

lol i just saw a SRT-4 on my way back from the barber shop... i was like WTF is somebody making popcorn!? o wait there's the dodge NEON SRT-4
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by wiretap
yea, rgr that. I was going to say voodoo/falcon, but too many newbs wouldn't get what i was saying. You must be uber-133t.

Great machines, but man those falcon are expensive though!!! I'm a geek... but I think I'm a car guy first! I would never drop 3K on a PC when I could spend it on the car...

-
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverStreak
My bro had a heavily modded STi he sold a while back due to mechanical problems. Anyways, he's looking at the SRT-4 now and was impressed with what you get for the money. He's waiting for a commemorative edition to be shipped in for him, which should be here next week. I road with him when he test-drove the car and it really wasn't bad. It's not an Evo, but then, it's not trying to be one. It's cool and fast in its own right. Besides, Mitsu doesn't offer stage upgrade kits with a warranty like Mopar does. I'm screwed if something major breaks on my Evo.
Hey, the one I test drove was the Commemorative Edition, white with blue stripes, a little tag on the center console, and door sills for 2 extra grand... I gotta say, Dodge made that paint job work, it was pretty nice looking.

It was #11 of 200 IIRC.

Last edited by Ralliartist; Aug 31, 2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
Ok, how bout this then. It's a Dodge. I'll take a Mitsu product over a Dodge anyday (even though I happen to have a Durango right now, but there is a story behind that). Matter of fact, in general I'll take a foreign car over a domestic just about anyday.
After my experience with domestic, I don't think I will ever go back. I had a mid-90's grand am that would stall when putting it into reverse or drive (which was a known problem and un-fixable), and my brother and friend had a late-90's grand prix where the headlights would just fall off the car(also un-fixable). After going through 2 or 3 headlights at $200+ a crack I bet it got old. My friend traded for a mazda after his electronics completely failed in the car. Theres definately nothing that attracts me to them either.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 12:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
After my experience with domestic, I don't think I will ever go back. I had a mid-90's grand am that would stall when putting it into reverse or drive (which was a known problem and un-fixable), and my brother and friend had a late-90's grand prix where the headlights would just fall off the car(also un-fixable). After going through 2 or 3 headlights at $200+ a crack I bet it got old. My friend traded for a mazda after his electronics completely failed in the car. Theres definately nothing that attracts me to them either.
do you see a recurring theme here?

finish this sentence:

Pontiac's are the biggest pieces of ____________ on the planet.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GreenPsycho
do you see a recurring theme here?

finish this sentence:

Pontiac's are the biggest pieces of ____________ on the planet.
Pontiac's are the biggest pieces of **** on the planet.
Btw, can anyone tell the difference between the last couple years of production grand am, grand prix and bonnevilles. Talk about an utter lack of creativity by designs..lets make 3 cars all the same, call them different names and sell them at different prices.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

-

Oh, I've got a much better example of creative design at GM:

Take a solid european platform (let's say, an Opel), take out anything that would make it drive well (handling or drivetrain related), botch the exterior and interior and sell it as a brand new car...

-
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Question

Originally Posted by Ralliartist
Hey, the one I test drove was the Commerative Edition, white with blue stripes, a little tag on the center console, and door sills for 2 extra grand... I gotta say, Dodge made that paint job work, it was pretty nice looking.

It was #11 of 200 IIRC.

So 2K for blue stripes on a white car, uh? And what is it supposed to commemorate? Were there Neon horse carriages in the early 19th century???

-
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 01:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
Pontiac's are the biggest pieces of **** on the planet.
Btw, can anyone tell the difference between the last couple years of production grand am, grand prix and bonnevilles. Talk about an utter lack of creativity by designs..lets make 3 cars all the same, call them different names and sell them at different prices.
yeah, i'm in the same boat, I can't tell them apart if my life depended on it. I just think "oh look, there goes another POS"
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, mysterious things they are those SRT-4s. If I was given the chance I'd like to test drive one. Too bad they are so hot here that none of the dealerships have it and you have to special order it.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
So 2K for blue stripes on a white car, uh? And what is it supposed to commemorate? Were there Neon horse carriages in the early 19th century???

-
Yeah...I said the same thing. The horse thing kills me, though. I couldn't see paying an extra 2G's for stripes and small accents, but he really liked it. Besides, in the few minutes of negotiating, we got the guy down to almost the same price as a regular SRT-4. I'll post pics of it in a second.
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a link with a picture. It looks sweet..of course it's sharing the screen with the bad-*** Viper SRT-10 and the Ram SRT-10. They only made 200 of the Commemorative Edition SRT-4, so they sticker it a little higher so they can honor their heritage. I really don't get it, but it looks cool. You'd think they would honor their heritage with, oh say, the Charger or something.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/artic...memorative.asp
Old Aug 30, 2005 | 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

-

Even after seing the picture, I'm still not into the stripes thing... although it suits the Viper much better.

-