Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Don't flame me... Tried an SRT-4 today. =p

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't flame me... Tried an SRT-4 today. =p

So I test drove the SRT-4 today.

Not bad really. It was strong, but didn't boost very hard. It didn't feel really cheap, and seemed to handle and hold the road pretty well.

Still, it looks like a Neon, the back seat is useless, the front seats... not so comfy. I might have been more impressed had I not just drove the Evo last week.

Our salesman was a real... umm... piece of work. He made a huge point of correcting me when I said it was the "grand-high-@$$-kicking-Neon" (to my buddy) that it wasn't a Neon, didn't say Neon ANYPLACE on the car... even though the build sheet called it the Neon SRT-4... which he SWORE must have been a mistake! Seemed like he was trying not to sell me the car, finally I just said, hey, let's just take it out. I liked it, it was not bad, but I prefer my Ralliart overall.

Gotta admit tho... that thing was quick.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

how dare you fraternize with the enemy!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

It's a Neon as much as the Evo is a Lancer... but anyway, dunno why you'd be flamed??? OH yeah, cuz this is EvoM, and it's full of jackasses with extremely large egos.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

how many gigs of server storage is taken up by EGO???
Old Aug 29, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I myself have taken shots at the SRT-4, and figured I should give it a chance before I knock it anymore.

And honestly, I've heard and read that it's a hell of a car for the money.

My major impression is that it's a Neon, with a hot motor and a turbocharger but no comparison to a car like the Evo in my eyes. And while it's certainly faster, I don't like it more than the Ralliart... the Ralli is just a more refined and comfortable and it gives me a better feel for the road.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

You are dead meat. You are banished from the EVO community forever. You will be tatooed with SRT-4 on your forehead tonight by the Secret EVO police.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TriCycle STI C
You will be tatooed with SRT-4 on your forehead tonight by the Secret EVO police.
LOL. Damn, does Dodge like that logo, or what? SRT-4 on the trunk, the seats, the center console, the gauges, the engine....
Old Aug 29, 2005, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

lol i noticed that about the SRT-4... every place you could possible put it they did... but they never once mention its little brother
Old Aug 29, 2005, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
lol i noticed that about the SRT-4... every place you could possible put it they did... but they never once mention its little brother
Yeah, and we have Lancer slapped right on our butts right about Evolution... Even though a lot of people (including me) have taken it off.

Oh, and 24.735 gigs of space is used for EGO
Old Aug 29, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
It's a Neon as much as the Evo is a Lancer... but anyway, dunno why you'd be flamed??? OH yeah, cuz this is EvoM, and it's full of jackasses with extremely large egos.
Ok, how bout this then. It's a Dodge. I'll take a Mitsu product over a Dodge anyday (even though I happen to have a Durango right now, but there is a story behind that). Matter of fact, in general I'll take a foreign car over a domestic just about anyday.

You don't want to call a SRT-4 a neon yet it is a lot closer to being a base neon than an Evo is to being a base Lancer. And lets face it, a Neon is a POS car.

Last edited by bigdoggy_dog; Aug 29, 2005 at 06:45 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

It's cool... I drove a ION Redline... it was pretty quick... but really it made more noise than anything... really didn't "feel" that much faster than my RA...
Old Aug 29, 2005, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Ion Redlines are pretty nice! I like the interior, and the backwards opening rear doors, and it runs about 14.5 1/4 mile stock
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Well, the SRT-4 is more like an RA that's turboed. If an RA was turboed to 230 horses (or whatever the SRT has) then the 2 cars would compare.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, the SRT-4 makes me crave a turbo Ralliart... I know there's an Evo, but c'mon Mitsu, this should be a natural!!
Old Aug 30, 2005, 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

it would be nice if we can swap engines with the new mitsu eclipse... i heard thats pretty quick too