Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Srt4

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2005, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4's is an ok car.......my cousin drives one and i drive it every now and then (i do his oil changes and maintenance), and yes from a roll there pretty quik. nothing like an evo though, but for 10k less, a little impressive.

blah blah blah, enough w/ the off the line/on the roll bullsh!t, the srt4 (stock for stock, so shut the F'up about the modding crap) should not be able to walk or even reel-in an EVO. but thats "should". has it been done? yes, because probably of a sh!tty driver. Besides, when people say "well my srt4 smoked an evo on a roll, and im stock." how do you really know it is? i mean **** , before my evo i drove an integra w/ a mildly built engine w/ a 60wet shot. outside looked stock and was pretty quiet. and i always lied, saying i was pretty much stock. so what makes you think anyone else is going to tell the truth? especially on a car that comes fairly loud from the factory and just like us can make them somewhat of a sleeper. my .o2
Old Sep 24, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

agreed /\ so lets get over it!
Old Sep 24, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, a stock SRT-4 vs. a Stock EVO, or maybe a Stage 1 SRT-4 ($399 set up) can hang neck and neck and even over take an EVO from a roll, a dig... nah but from a roll you better believe it. Stock EVO's Dyno at roughly 230 ish whp, AS does the SRT-4 in stock form giving the advantage to the evolutions AWD... from a stop but on a roll a FWD car or RWD car will take an AWD car making the same power, from a roll... some people just don't like the idea that a neon can do that. I know a few guys with EVO's and plenty with SRT's I have seen it even switching drivers.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

remember guys, its not just power but weight as well. the srt is a couple hundred pounds less, we dont have all those heavy AWD parts. we dont have transfer cases, we dont have viscous couplers, and we only have 1/3 of your diffs!
Old Sep 24, 2005, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

srt-4 makes 1000 hp to 1 wheel bone stock.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

i dont get it? that doesnt make sense at all. what car makes 1000hp to 1 wheel.

if you were meaning to make a joke of the srt, you have to at least be funny.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

these threads are non sense, who cares about statistics, your gf is just going to buy groceries at Safeway... I suggest you get one of those new hybrid civics for your gf.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

noooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:08 PM

i like anything with a turbo
Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

so when are they coming out with a turbo hybrid? im down. somthing that gets 50mpg and still hauls butt! im first in line!
Old Sep 27, 2005, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnny
i like anything with a turbo
+1

Its not like the SRT-4 is a heap. They utilize the 2.4L Mitsu/Hyundai world engines. Supposed to be real nice in terms of mechanical reliability. Well, as long as the kids don't beat the ever lovin crap out of them.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

First of all....most of what you guys are saying is not true. One, the SRT WILL be head to head with an EVO from a roll bone stock. Two, It IS NOT a pos car that sucks, I have had 0 problems with mine, and have yet lossed to an EVO. Three, It has plenty of potential, and sure as hell is MUCH better than a cobalt. Do NOT be misguided. Take it from a person who has driven a cobalt (friends car), owned an SRT, and driven an EVO and soon to own one, so my opinion is not biased. The SRT is a hell of a car for the money, just slap on a upgraded turbo, fuel system, with some basic bolt-ons and your already in the 400's, what more could you ask for about $26-27,000? You guys are also forgetting that the aftermarket for the SRT is not nearly as developed as the EVO's. The SRT still doesn't even have a standalone yet (Hydra is in the works), and some people are already making 568 WHP! If thats not potential, I don't know what to call it. But HANDS DOWN the Evo is a better car in just about every category. Handling, braking, just the feeling of the car all-in-all is much better/more solid. The only thing I will miss about my SRT is that it was fun as hell to drive, and dammit it feels way faster than any EVO I've been in (mine is modified). Bottom line, the SRT is a hell of a car, just read the reviews on it. Definately the best bang-for-the-buck, (how could you go wrong 21-22k for a car that dynoes 230whp-250wtq STOCK, and can do tons of upgrades to achieve 450WHP easily) but if she really wants to have some fun in a SERIOUS performance car, tell her to get an EVO. It's better in every way which is why I'm parting with my SRT for one. There you go, you wanted some facts, you got some, you wanted a point of view, you got one.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

One more thing, these cars are in two completely different categories, which is why they are never compared, and never should be. The EVO is by far, for the more performance-oriented who have more money, which is why it is a much better car.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im with this guy ^ ^ ^.

I miss AWD
Old Sep 27, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
One more thing, these cars are in two completely different categories, which is why they are never compared, and never should be. The EVO is by far, for the more performance-oriented who have more money, which is why it is a much better car.
Yeah. Tell the SRT-4 owners that.

Quick Reply: Srt4