Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Sold Evo Bought R32

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2005, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the longest time I had not driven either an EVO or R32, I am a test drive *****... I am just a major car nut so I like to have points of view from all different driver seats. Anyways, Mitsu is extremely unbreakably **** about EVOlution test driving, and there are never any private sale and the R32 is just plain old hard to come by. I have now driven both, I really like the R32, though it can be confused by a novice for a GTi 337 or something I really liked the car overall, it seemed like a good mix between the hardcore of the EVO and the daily drivability of an R32, but keep in mind I am blind to what kind of reliability VW has, they seem to be rated pretty ****ty, they were second to worst on the "problems per hundred cars" whatever that intales.

I know the EVO or STi is much quicker but the R32 just gave me a smiley feeling being in it, it sounded awsome too. It felt faster than it was definately but when it comes down to it I think I'd still have an STi... I did fall in love with the R though.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I test drove a R32 before buying the Evo. In terms of comfort the R32 beats the Evo hands down. I thought the seats were excellent, the sound system was decent and the interior room was big considering the car's size.

However, I liked the Evo more because it's more sporty. But the R32 is still a very good car, offering the driver 4WD for the winter, a comfortable interior and performance levels that are close to G35/350z. Not a bad package at all IMO.