Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Lexus IS350

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see the lexus IS350 more like an family car not in the same class as the EVO. If you're tired of modifying your car then go get yourself a lexus if not go get an IX MR.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
what is the invoice/msrp price on one of these cars
Invoice: $31,186
MSRP: $35,440
Old Nov 24, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

I saw one on the road the other day. Pretty nice looking.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

I drove one during the Lexus Taste event where the IS250/IS350 and lexus RX400h were being showcased. Any lexus could be test driven along with some competitors. The lexus IS350 sure is fast but thats all. It handles poorly and has no all wheel drive or stick shift. The seats are not comfortable and the back seat is a real dissappointment. I say if rear wheel drive is the direction one wants to go in, opt for the Infiniti G35 coupe. The lexus is just not an all around drivers car. Thumbs way down for me. Also at the event was the BMW 330. Although with an automatic, the car was slower (255 hp for BMW vs. 306 hp for the Lexus) the BMW drove far better than the Lexus. The seats were so much more comfortable and supportive in the BMW than the Lexus. I am sure that the BMW 330xi with a stick will be hard to beat.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Well I finally went out and test drove the IS350 and it was sweet! The interior/exterior is top notch as for styling and comfort. I'm not sure how anyone could say they are not comfortable unless your 250+lbs or over 6.5ft tall. The car is quiet at idle and shifts smoothly and when pushed the car accelerates very quickly for a car weighing 3500lbs! With 3 people in the car and I hit the accelerator and we were easily doing 60 in just a few seconds with a nice growl of the engine.

Some of the things that really impressed me was when I put the car in reverse, the mirrors would all tilt down and the GPS screen turns into a camera so you can see exactly what is behind you and the bumper for perfect parking. The next thing that I really liked was the beautiful the guages. I thought the guages in the accord were top notch, but after seeing the Lexus's I'm converted. They are just beautiful.

Anyway I could go on and on about this car and I will get one shortly. (Jan/Feb)

Even if your not in the market for a car, but are a car enthusiast like myself, just go and test drive one. It is a lot of fun!
Old Nov 26, 2005, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

The only car that might replace my evo that i can afford... will be new M3... V8

but again it remain to be seen.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

finally saw a black IS250 yesterday at the Lexus dealer with the sport package wheels....WOW....much sexier in person.....probably the best looking saloon there is right now. It was a manual too......I wanted to trade my Z right then and there
Old Nov 30, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

I just purchased my new IS350 tonight. I traded in my 05 Honda Accord Hybrid. I got the IS350 for sticker price and they gave me KBB value (excellent) for my Honda.

Total price out the door **44666.86** includes everything (tax, title, registration, plates, etc)

I got the Tungsten Pearl color (silver) with black leather and the Sport Package. I'm picking her up tonight and should have pictures in the next few days. I'm so happy!
Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by caymandiver75
I just purchased my new IS350 tonight. I traded in my 05 Honda Accord Hybrid. I got the IS350 for sticker price and they gave me KBB value (excellent) for my Honda.

Total price out the door **44666.86** includes everything (tax, title, registration, plates, etc)

I got the Tungsten Pearl color (silver) with black leather and the Sport Package. I'm picking her up tonight and should have pictures in the next few days. I'm so happy!

$44k!!!!!!! Wow......that's expensive.....it must be loaded to the gills. Sucks that the more powerful one only comes with a slushbox though.....otherwise I might consider one. For $44k though I'd be in a 330i all the way........better handling plus the 6 speed.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:32 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by caymandiver75

congrats on your purchase! yes it is a nicer car than my IS300 and with 300+ hp it is really fast. forget those who say it doesn't handle well than the 330i, that's because the 330i was slow during the slalom(taste of lexus) and yeah makes you feel like it drives fast. But I did drive the 35o it was a blast to drive, the slalom was very much tamed by the VDIM but still faster than the 330i. After driving the IS250, yeah it drove like the 330i and handled like the 330i. Now, how do I keep the IS300(classic) and get the new 350 too? dump the pilot?(scratches head!)

don't forget to visit: http://my.is/

Last edited by sblvro; Nov 30, 2005 at 07:35 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Nice car, I take a IX MR over it, but the IS350 is not a bad car at all and I have nothing bad to say about it.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

$45,000? Nice car, but not that nice! I didn't think they'd run that much.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
congrats on your purchase! yes it is a nicer car than my IS300 and with 300+ hp it is really fast. forget those who say it doesn't handle well than the 330i, that's because the 330i was slow during the slalom(taste of lexus) and yeah makes you feel like it drives fast. But I did drive the 35o it was a blast to drive, the slalom was very much tamed by the VDIM but still faster than the 330i. After driving the IS250, yeah it drove like the 330i and handled like the 330i. Now, how do I keep the IS300(classic) and get the new 350 too? dump the pilot?(scratches head!)

don't forget to visit: http://my.is/

Yeah I wasn't even going to consider the 330i because I think the styling is too common, the power is just not there compared to the IS350 and as far as the VDIM, there are cheat codes that enable drivers to disable it by setting the parking brake and starting the car. Pump the brakes twice, set and reset the parking brake twice then pump the brakes twice more and the TRAC-OFF light comes on the dash..

Also for a 330i fully loaded with similiar features that I got on the IS, it would have put me closer to 50k.

Last edited by caymandiver75; Nov 30, 2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by loj68
$44k!!!!!!! Wow......that's expensive.....it must be loaded to the gills. Sucks that the more powerful one only comes with a slushbox though.....otherwise I might consider one. For $44k though I'd be in a 330i all the way........better handling plus the 6 speed.
Yeah it has the Performance Package:

Sport Package includes Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel, Heated and ventilated front seats, Aluminum sport pedals, Aluminum doorsill scuff plates, Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle, Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), Sport-tuned suspension, 18-inch alloy wheels.
Additional Options:
- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Headlamp washers
Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Cayman-

Congrats on the car, I can't wait to see the photos!

Quick Reply: Lexus IS350