Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Lexus IS350

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulation on your IS 350. I am local to you and I have an IS350 for about 3 weeks.
It's completely different than Evo but I love erything about this car and you can drive around without getting attention from cops.
It is pretty fast but not Evo fast. My Evo has GT35R, dynoed 465 ATW with 27 PSI. I might push 500 ATW with higher boost.
BTW, my cars black. I do attend DCEvo meeting on & off but I don't remember meeting you.
I tinted my car and came out really great. Enjoy your IS 350 and we may run into each other in NOVA but don't try anything with my Black EVO, you may comeback to Evo side again!

Last edited by Black1105; Nov 30, 2005 at 08:39 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Black1105
Congratulation on your IS 350. I am local to you and I have an IS350 for about 3 weeks.
It's completely different than Evo but I love erything about this car and you can drive around without getting attention from cops.
It is pretty fast but not Evo fast. My Evo has GT35R, dynoed 465 ATW with 27 PSI. I might push 500 ATW with higher boost.
BTW, my cars black. I do attend DCEvo meeting on & off but I don't remember meeting you.
I tinted my car and came out really great. Enjoy your IS 350 and we may run into each other in NOVA but don't try anything with my Black EVO, you may comeback to Evo side again!
Hey cool.. Yeah I haven't been to an Evo meet in over 6 months. I'm still buddies with Steve here in Sterling so he keeps me informed with all the latest EVO stuff. I really miss the Evo that I had, but I couldn't see myself buying another Evo after all the crap I went through after I replaced my clutch and the installers basically did something wrong that caused my TC to go bad ($3000) and then the tranny had issues, which was going to cost another ($3000), which is when I got rid of the car. Hope to see you around.

Any future mods planned for the IS350?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:12 AM

I know Steve.
I already ordered the rear spoiler and perhaps HKS exhaust in a future.
You should come out to Redshift (Chantilly) Barbeque this sunday around 2:00 pm.
Look at the DCevo forum for more info. I think I going.
Hope to see you around.

Jason
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by caymandiver75
and as far as the VDIM, there are cheat codes that enable drivers to disable it by setting the parking brake and starting the car. Pump the brakes twice, set and reset the parking brake twice then pump the brakes twice more and the TRAC-OFF light comes on the dash..
holy crap...is that true??? Have you tried it???? If so then the IS250 is back on my list of eventual Z replacements. That's one thing I kept reading that was turning me off is that the VDIM starts kicking in way too early on the new IS when compared to the Audi and BMW and couldn't be disabled. If you can disable that easily when needed then that kicks much a$$. It just sucks that I'll have to go with less HP in the IS250 because a manual is a must.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by loj68
holy crap...is that true??? Have you tried it???? If so then the IS250 is back on my list of eventual Z replacements. That's one thing I kept reading that was turning me off is that the VDIM starts kicking in way too early on the new IS when compared to the Audi and BMW and couldn't be disabled. If you can disable that easily when needed then that kicks much a$$. It just sucks that I'll have to go with less HP in the IS250 because a manual is a must.

It is true
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

What's the cheapest for an IS350? Can you get one without the bells and whistles stuff?
Old Dec 1, 2005, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kordwood
What's the cheapest for an IS350? Can you get one without the bells and whistles stuff?
The cheapest you can get a IS350 is 36k.

I picked the car up last night and man I'm in love! I haven't been this excited about a car since the day I bought my 2003 EVO back in March of 03. The car is very very quick and handles well. For those of you who assume it's a bore to drive because it's automatic, you are completely wrong. This transmission feels great and is unlike any auto tranny I've driven before! Don't believe me... then go test drive one to find out. I think I'm going to be happy for a long time with this purchase. Only thing I'm missing is the XM radio that I had in my Accord Hybrid and of course the fuel efficiency.