Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Infinity sound system... mitsu cars in general

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infinity sound system... mitsu cars in general

I was puting an after market radio into our outlander but it has the infinity sound system in it. As some of you may know because of the amplifier... there are no wires going from the speakers to the actual head unit. The wires simply run to the amplifier and a wire that looks almost like ones for CD changers run from the amp to the actual head unit. I was wondering if there's a wire for aftermarket headunits to plug into the amp wire.. so i don't have to run new wires from the speakers? So who out there has experience with the Infinity sound system? Replaced the factory to after market? Help a guy out! Thanx
Old Nov 27, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

There is an adapter, it's an RCA-to-DIN adapter for aftermarket HUs. Let me find the link and I'll post it here.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

wow thanks hope you get back to me on that!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

This post may help you, it's all you need to know about the Infinity Sound System and aftermarket headunits:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...et+adapter+amp
Old Nov 27, 2005, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Even though you're talking about an Outlander, the Infinity system shares the same connectors on all Mitsu models (AFAIK). At least my Eclipse GT and now my EVO 8 SSL use the same adapters.

I hope it helps.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

oh it helps out so much. I've been searching and searching... maybe using the wrong "words" on mitsubishi forums.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

i recently installed an aftermarket HU in my evo wtih SSL. i had to buy the metra adapter and mitah adapter. however, i can't seem to adjust my sub at all. i can't turn it off or turn it up. did i hook up something wrong? the DIN to RCA adapter had 2 sets of RCA's but my new headunit has 3 sets (front, rear, sub). i believe my friend hooked up the front and rear, leaving the sub alone. was this hooked up right? thanks guys.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

My guess is that after installing an aftermarket HU with the stock amp, the stock sub will be useless.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

well, the stock sub still works. it just seems that i have no control over it with the new headunit.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krillin
i recently installed an aftermarket HU in my evo wtih SSL. i had to buy the metra adapter and mitah adapter. however, i can't seem to adjust my sub at all. i can't turn it off or turn it up. did i hook up something wrong? the DIN to RCA adapter had 2 sets of RCA's but my new headunit has 3 sets (front, rear, sub). i believe my friend hooked up the front and rear, leaving the sub alone. was this hooked up right? thanks guys.
If you had 2 sets of RCA's from the adapter one set has to go to the "sub" output on the HU and the other can either be pluged into the "front" or "rear" output.

Last edited by Hannibal Smith; Dec 4, 2005 at 11:34 AM.