Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Supra vs Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2005, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A fast car is a fast car 10 second 1/4 miles will feel fast as hell in any car because it is. 130mph-140mph traps are insane!!! It was just a matter of time before vipers dropped enough and some tuners stepped up to the plate and hit a few grand slams. 8.0 liters they were fast as hell. Now built and with TT kits buy underground, heffner, hennessey, etc etc they are unreal.

Mark from Turbotrix has a TT viper 8psi twin GT35R's...pump gas.... and 800rwhp he's just playing around. Dr. Roof's viper has gone 8.55@174mph running under 30psi!! WOTM supra is pushing 50psi plus juice to run 162mph. AMS EVO is pushing high 40's to trap 156mph all are fast as hell, but the vipers are just warming up.

Too much engine!!
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vipers are boring and dumb. Such a big motor in a small car like that equels unbalanced. Of course a tt v10 is going to be able to pump out some hp using less then 30 psi of boost. Its a v10. Personally i dont like pushrod motors or V's. Im all inline here. Yea and look at how much hp dr. roof's car has. Adam from devo tuning has goin faster then that with about half the hp. The viper is a old mans car. If you want a motor that will only rev to 6 grand, and have to dump 100k into to make it run 8's then go for it. The supra...and skyline are the Ultimate super car. Ohh and by the way the nismo skyline is considered the worlds fastest car, so yea i think the skyine can hold its own
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I like the supra over the skyline....hell id rather have a evo over a skyline....just not a fan of their looks
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:42 AM

the supra is amazing but i must agree with the skyline will reign king
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04Evo8RS
I like the supra over the skyline....hell id rather have a evo over a skyline....just not a fan of their looks
evo over skyline...thts a new one...
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
yea, like my 2nd post but again, it's not legally sold here (US) is it?
my friend owns a skyline.. ive never been it but i have pictures of it infront of his house and next to his 240sx build up.

its an r32 but here are some pictures...

its a skyline.. and its still a sexy car
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Asta4125
Vipers are boring and dumb. Such a big motor in a small car like that equels unbalanced. Of course a tt v10 is going to be able to pump out some hp using less then 30 psi of boost. Its a v10. Personally i dont like pushrod motors or V's. Im all inline here. Yea and look at how much hp dr. roof's car has. Adam from devo tuning has goin faster then that with about half the hp. The viper is a old mans car. If you want a motor that will only rev to 6 grand, and have to dump 100k into to make it run 8's then go for it. The supra...and skyline are the Ultimate super car. Ohh and by the way the nismo skyline is considered the worlds fastest car, so yea i think the skyine can hold its own
If you think the viper is boring and dumb than youve never driven one or raced one for that matter. It a great modern muscle car. Working with only 2 liters gets boring an dumb. The Nismo skyline fastest car? In which category? Japanese import category. You have to be kidding.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

what is power if you cant put it in the ground...
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:25 PM

haha i thought this was supposed to be a supra/evo thread
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

skyline, s14, supra > evo

No hate, but I rather have one of those 3 than a evo.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic

just curious...why do you even hang out on the evo forum? you don't even own an evo but from what i;ve seen of your posts, you just love to bash them. it's boring.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
of course with all that power and only rwd will require special drag radials to compensate. as much as i love the evo there's no doubt the supra will reign king of the road...
From a dig, street tire to to street tire the AMS EVO which is streetable vs that Supra...The reason I say AMS is because the power to weight ratio is a lil more equal therefore the AMS EVO would destroy that car. So therefore Supra is not king of the road. Keep in mind when I say street tire I mean dot approved radials. Kind of hard to compare a car with almost 600 horse power vs a car with almost 1000hp ..none the less supra has crazy topend and probably the strongest bottom end of all japanese motors 4g63 being next, don't quote me on that lol
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Stock for stock evo putting down more hp per liter so evo > than skyline, supra, s14 IMO
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

LOL! You don't even own an Evo.... Sure if funding was unlimmited the R34 would be great... But to most of us "normal" people it is not.

Oh... and the fact they aren't really sold over here to the general public like they are in Japan. Sure we get them but not in normal productions.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Happy Madison
just curious...why do you even hang out on the evo forum? you don't even own an evo but from what i;ve seen of your posts, you just love to bash them. it's boring.
So I don't own a evo, so I can't post in here? There is/was alot of non-evo owners in here and posting away, should we banish them too? A forum is made of views, opinionted views, you don't like it... tuff luck, the world still goes on. I bash the "evo", wtf? I like the evo, its a cool car. You sure you got the right person, ? Don't confuse me with somebody else, it's just makes your arguement look dull. In the past ive had said comments to some immature "owners", not the "evo" vehicle.
Originally Posted by mchuang
Stock for stock evo putting down more hp per liter so evo > than skyline, supra, s14 IMO
True, but if im going to buy one of these 4 cars, the last thing on my mind is "which car is putting more HP per liter".
Originally Posted by ThEHiTMaN
LOL! You don't even own an Evo.... Sure if funding was unlimmited the R34 would be great... But to most of us "normal" people it is not.

Oh... and the fact they aren't really sold over here to the general public like they are in Japan. Sure we get them but not in normal productions.
What, I don't own a evo? Tell me something I don't know, and if I did, I would still choose skyline, supra or s14/s15 over an evo.

Im a HUGE fan of the R34/s15 (nissan basically) and ive always wanted a supra. While I like the evo, im not gonna leg hump like some of these non-evo owners, it's just a car. So, why are you guys mad?

Last edited by Arithmetic; Dec 3, 2005 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Supra vs Evo