Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Supra vs Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gofaster87
The Nismo skyline fastest car? In which category? Japanese import category. You have to be kidding.
Actually I believe it is the fastest production car or something like that. It was featured on SCC about 6-7 months ago. The viper is a sweet car with an awsome engine but you are comparing a V-10 to two straight sixes and a four banger. Two of which have AWD which makes them superior with big HP and street tires on the street.

I myself prefer to Skline to the Supra. The S14/S15 is an awsome car but not better than an evo. The evo can really do it all. I think if they did a comparison test with all these cars the Evo would win easy especially if they all had equal HP.

Evo's rule
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

#1 Japanese Supercar, hahaha
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:23 PM

WTF is the point of that much power? Totally useless. Supras are notorious dyno queens anyway.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

"What, I don't own a evo? Tell me something I don't know, and if I did, I would still choose skyline, supra or s14/s15 over an evo.

Im a HUGE fan of the R34/s15 (nissan basically) and ive always wanted a supra. While I like the evo, im not gonna leg hump like some of these non-evo owners, it's just a car. So, why are you guys mad?"

I wasn't actually telling you anything all of us didn't already know.... Who cares which car is "better" they all do different things, so how is any one of them "bettter" where the R34 seems to be the best of both worlds. If you wanted a Supra why did you drive a "designer" car like the G35...? Far cry if you ask me.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ThEHiTMaN
I wasn't actually telling you anything all of us didn't already know.... Who cares which car is "better" they all do different things, so how is any one of them "bettter" where the R34 seems to be the best of both worlds. If you wanted a Supra why did you drive a "designer" car like the G35...? Far cry if you ask me.
Who said anything about "better", I never did... so what was that point? G35 vs. Supra, two totally different cars, for different user markets. Let me see, brand new G35 or used supra with 85k+ miles... dam, that's a hard one
Old Dec 3, 2005, 02:19 PM

goo Supra!! Goo Skyline!!! Goo Evo!! Goo UPS!! =/ random... All Cool vehicles! All specialize in what thier made for :P
Old Dec 3, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thadon84
Actually I believe it is the fastest production car or something like that. It was featured on SCC about 6-7 months ago. The viper is a sweet car with an awsome engine but you are comparing a V-10 to two straight sixes and a four banger. Two of which have AWD which makes them superior with big HP and street tires on the street.

I myself prefer to Skline to the Supra. The S14/S15 is an awsome car but not better than an evo. The evo can really do it all. I think if they did a comparison test with all these cars the Evo would win easy especially if they all had equal HP.

Evo's rule
You are also comparing a 2.0 liter motor to inline 6's when comparing evo to skyline and supra.. evo compared to any other japanese 4 cylinder no contest
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

According to these links the evo is fastest

http://www.jbskyline.net/R34/GTR/Specs/ shows skyline at 13.7 @ 103mph
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...303scc_lancer/ 13.5 for evo 8 mr probably faster..

http://www.import-heaven.net/specs_t...ra_turbo.shtml 13.6 @ 105 mph toyota supra

So stock for stock evo is faster so evo is king

Last edited by mchuang; Dec 3, 2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:16 PM

i love all three cars, allthough i want the skyline the most. all are king of the streets to me.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Who said anything about "better", I never did... so what was that point? G35 vs. Supra, two totally different cars, for different user markets. Let me see, brand new G35 or used supra with 85k+ miles... dam, that's a hard one
i'm still confused about why you post here? isn't there a G35 forum you can visit to hate on evos? you really seem bitter.

p.s. "AT" G35?? you're obviously a real enthusiast!
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

The Supra is a very nice car. Lately, I have been researching them, and I came incredibly close to buying one...but I thought about it, and realize at 18, it is not a good idea for me to get into a car like that, I don't even believe age applies here. The Supra is capable of alot, but are mostly dyno queens...when you start getting up above the 500+ horse to the wheel and maybe even below that, it is not a streetable car at all, because let's face it, you arent going to be running on special radials everywhere you go. I have been researching them constantly, and found out they do have quite a bit of problems, and when they do have problems, they are incredibly expensive to repair. I live in Colorado, and I really do not want to drive a peice of **** beater during the winter...I'd rather enjoy it in an Evo. Not to mention when you buy a Evo new, you have the safety in your mind knowing where the car has been and how it has been treated.

Hey, when I want a RWD car and I want a highway killer/dyno queen, I'll buy myself a Viper later in life and twin turbo it . That's a Supra killer right there no problem lol.

Last edited by FluxedSpeed; Dec 3, 2005 at 03:27 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Spoken like a true 18 year old! The bottom line is horsepower. There are all types of dyno queens and many AWD EVO's are too. There is a thread in the drag section that has a guy running 12.07@127mph that sucks big vienna. They have supras, stangs, vettes, vipers that all can run crappy at the track too. In the end it's horsepower you can put it to the ground you just have to run the right tire to do it. That means slicks.

There are no imports running 9's on pump gas and full interior like the vipers are doing. There are no full interior A/C powered imports running 8.50's@174mph either on race gas. The whole thing about streetability you need to read alot more and experience alot more before you start making blanket statements like that. I've been in 680rwhp pump gas supras, 9 second camaros that idled fine with the A/C on. Keep reading and keep learning.

The V-8 crowd is throwing on turbo kits just like everyone else now so it's almost getting unfair. 900rwhp vipers on pump, 825rwhp cobras at 22psi, but I still love my EVO!!

Last edited by Jasil; Dec 3, 2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ThEHiTMaN
"What, I don't own a evo? Tell me something I don't know, and if I did, I would still choose skyline, supra or s14/s15 over an evo.
Ugh! S14 or S15 Over an Evo. No thanks. 4G63 > SR20-DET and the KA24 for that matter.

I love Supra's. And I like them more than Skylines. Probably because not many people where I live modify Supra's whereas Skyline owners are always such cocky bastards. Sure the Supra doesn't have an advanced AWD system that measures 45325435 different factors 100 times a second, but neither does the Evo, doesn't make it any less of a car. Stock for stock most Evo's are faster around a circuit AND in a straight line than a GT-R anyway.

You've gotta love Supras though. sure they may be dyno queens and only good for roll-ons, but when you think about it, so are Vipers and Corvettes. (I'm talking about huge-HP cars here)

I'd take a Supra over a Corvette or Viper though. Just my personal preference. Vipers are boats. Nah, they're more like cruise missiles.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Have you ever driven one? A viper has a big hood true and you do feel like you're sitting way back, but maybe a super fast great handling speed boat.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
Spoken like a true 18 year old!
And what do you mean by that? Please explain, because I don't find it very amusing.

Quick Reply: Supra vs Evo