Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Supra vs Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supra vs Evo

well, my buddy and I just finished the build up on his 97 supra. The thing is absolutly INSANE. Something ive never felt before in any other car. He is running sound performances t88 turbo it. The thing has all the bells and whistles on it. 4 " dp, and a crazy header. On 23 psi, on pump gas it made over 760 hp. On race gas on 31psi it made 987whp, with no NOS. I have to say after driving this car, for a decent amount of time it accelerats faster then anything ive ever been in, and ive been in some fast cars. On the highway, this car spins the tires in 4th gear from a 70mph roll on. I have no doubt that the supra will do will over 200mph, although it would be death to do it on the road, i would love to take advantage of it on a closed course. We decided to race it against another customers of mines evo, from a dig, of course on a closed course . The evo has roughly 550 hp using the gt35 kit. Suprisingly enough, the evo held its own till about half track. Then it got blown away hard core. I came to the conclusion that the supra is a real hard car to launch. I know that having 900 plus hp doesnt help any but, the supra is real big heavy car, and has trouble getting off the line. Not to mention the massive tire burn outs, with slicks. The first 3 gears are useless, but who cars at that point. Just thought i would share this with you guys. It was real cool seeing two very high powered cars go at it. .
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

of course with all that power and only rwd will require special drag radials to compensate. as much as i love the evo there's no doubt the supra will reign king of the road...
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

yea its too bad they dont make them anymore
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
of course with all that power and only rwd will require special drag radials to compensate. as much as i love the evo there's no doubt the supra will reign king of the road...

hrm hrm... NIssan Skyline R34. It has almost about the same potential as a Supra and with its AWD system... it has traction n power. I believe the KING = Skyline.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

then again these were $40k cars off the lot brand new, and evos are only about $30 for similar numbers stock. i would still choose the evo due to price differences and the awd. also i forgot to add, skylines are nice too =) if only they sold them here.. would still be like 70k. there's still hope for the new supra but rumor says it'll be super-car-like and about 100k+ and the new skylines for 60-70k.. not bad for 400hp awd
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:09 PM
Huy

I'll second EVOJutsu. For me, the R34 GT-R is king.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJutsu
hrm hrm... NIssan Skyline R34. It has almost about the same potential as a Supra and with its AWD system... it has traction n power. I believe the KING = Skyline.
yea, like my 2nd post but again, it's not legally sold here (US) is it?
Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJutsu
that is true awd and the skylines power is crazy, but you dont see 900-1000whp with stock bottom end skylines like you do supras. a built supra on a roll is nasty, they are highway killers.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Huy
I'll second EVOJutsu. For me, the R34 GT-R is king.

+1 I yet feel anything close to my friend's R34 Vspec 750whp ... that thing can FLY
Old Dec 3, 2005, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

GTR WILL ALWAYS BE THE KING OF THE ROAD!! as for the EVO. EVO is meet to be a rally car take your 970 whp supra against the EVO on rally race and you will see the results,do not get me wrong I love supras my self! But like you said supra is too heavy and i know EVOS that have the same amount power like the puma EVO,BOSS EVO THA will eat that supra and a blink of an eye.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

the toyota supra is an AWESOME car. Below 3000rpm it drives like a LEXUS, above it transforms into a bat out of hell.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only king nowadays is the viper. Go read some of the posts on supraforums.com by the ex big dog supra owners that now own supercharged and TT vipers and they all say no comparison at all.

TT vipers win end of story there is no cometition. 4 TT vipers now trapping over 160mph all under 30psi all are street cars with full accessories.

It's just a matter of time "There is no replacement for displacement when you add twins to you're 8.0liter+ viper!!"
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

agreed, as the older vipers get cheaper and cheaper more people can afford to start modding them. I've seen video's of TT'd viper pulling away on a turbocharged ducati 600 with a wheely bar...
Old Dec 3, 2005, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
The only king nowadays is the viper. Go read some of the posts on supraforums.com by the ex big dog supra owners that now own supercharged and TT vipers and they all say no comparison at all.

TT vipers win end of story there is no cometition. 4 TT vipers now trapping over 160mph all under 30psi all are street cars with full accessories.

It's just a matter of time "There is no replacement for displacement when you add twins to you're 8.0liter+ viper!!"

My friend has a 800+whp supra, that thing is sick sick sick! Highway pulls were insane. Fastest and hardest pull I felt in any car.

I must be so behind in my cars. TT in Vipers? that must be so insane!
Old Dec 3, 2005, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

yeah my friend also has a supra.
running the pt76-gts i believe.
at 30psi he made 784rwhp, no nitrous.
same thing..got a drive in it the other day...at 60mph in 3rd..it spinned the tires and the back wanted to fly out on the highway

Quick Reply: Supra vs Evo