Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

DAMN! STi S204 coming to the USA..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evotec
^any pics?
Coming soon. Been meaning to do it for ages. I think I'm cursed in thie department. I've taken photos of my evo 3 times and each time something happens like:
1)A stupid ar$e woman rear ended me (quite gently, fortunately)
2)Wing mirror shattered. Really strange, was psrked at an intersection and like a stone or something bounced off the passenger window and into the mirror.
3)A friend scratched my TE37.

So I'll get round to posting my S203 along with my Evo soon, I just don't want to think of the consequences!!!
Old Dec 31, 2005, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by humpevo311
That is my favorite pic. The interior looks good too.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

The 203 has better spoiler at the back.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by x838nwy
So I'll get round to posting my S203 along with my Evo soon, I just don't want to think of the consequences!!!
How feels the s203 compared to evo?
Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

price....barf
power....barf
06 styling....MAJOR BARF
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

How feels the s203 compared to evo?
First post of 2006 for me, woohoo!!!

Right, back to the point. I can't really compare it to a one stock evo as mine isn't but it's not too far from it. The short answer is that it's not as quick as my evo. But it is quite different and it is only slightly slower.

The evo has k&n drop-in, Ralliart ECU, Tomei o2 housing (turbo outlet) and down pipe (3"), Mine's test pipe, Greddy Ti catback, Tomei dump valve and that's about all. Mainly the evo spools up quicker and pulls more violently. I've also noticed the S203 flaking off a bit at high rpm and quite noticable over 120mph in top which I suppose means the boost dropping off.

Handling wise, the main difference is in the tyres. The Pirellis (comes with the S203) are very different from the advans, they'll squeal quite early and if you're used to the evo, they'll slide around a little more so not exactly very confidence inspiring but eventually get used to it. Ultimately, however, the advans are better tyres.

Brake-wise, the pink Sti pads are horrible. I don't know what other people think of them but I had the change them out within 600 miles, they were that bad. It goes from too cold to over heating very quickly. I'm not on DS2500's which don't grab as hard as the Mu's I have on my Evo.

Strangely the subaru is more relaxing to drive. I suppose it's 'stock' so that should explain a lot but all in all the evo is rougher aroud the edges...
Old Jan 1, 2006, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

As promised, some pics of my s203. Don't let the pictures fool you, it's taken rather late in the day, hand held so we're talking iso400 and pretty wide. Also I just finished installing an HKS suction kit(easy) HKS Kansai CF induction box (bastard) and twin dli so i'm tired. Do excise the quality, I'll try to get some less lame pics soon.

The seats are very cool. Special Recaros cf with adjustable incline

An interior shot

Finally, from the rear
Old Jan 1, 2006, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

looks very good! ..specially the seats.

You must be smiling the whole day.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

looks very good! ..specially the seats.

You must be smiling the whole day.
Right now, I'm hurting. Installing the induction box was just painful. I still need to make a bracket for it as well....

Cheers.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by x838nwy
First post of 2006 for me, woohoo!!!

Right, back to the point. I can't really compare it to a one stock evo as mine isn't but it's not too far from it. The short answer is that it's not as quick as my evo. But it is quite different and it is only slightly slower.

The evo has k&n drop-in, Ralliart ECU, Tomei o2 housing (turbo outlet) and down pipe (3"), Mine's test pipe, Greddy Ti catback, Tomei dump valve and that's about all. Mainly the evo spools up quicker and pulls more violently. I've also noticed the S203 flaking off a bit at high rpm and quite noticable over 120mph in top which I suppose means the boost dropping off.

Handling wise, the main difference is in the tyres. The Pirellis (comes with the S203) are very different from the advans, they'll squeal quite early and if you're used to the evo, they'll slide around a little more so not exactly very confidence inspiring but eventually get used to it. Ultimately, however, the advans are better tyres.

Brake-wise, the pink Sti pads are horrible. I don't know what other people think of them but I had the change them out within 600 miles, they were that bad. It goes from too cold to over heating very quickly. I'm not on DS2500's which don't grab as hard as the Mu's I have on my Evo.

Strangely the subaru is more relaxing to drive. I suppose it's 'stock' so that should explain a lot but all in all the evo is rougher aroud the edges...

Hey man nice car, I'm from Thailand also, well my family is....I havent been back there in a long time, I hope to go in 2006 sometime.

Nice looking house also, you must come from a rich family...

Pic of my EVO is in my sig, just click on it.

Last edited by Blue Evo 8; Jan 1, 2006 at 05:50 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Hey man nice car, I'm from Thailand also, well my family is....I havent been back there in a long time, I hope to go in 2006 sometime.

Nice looking house also, you must come from a rich family...

Pic of my EVO is in my sig, just click on it.
Nice bike!! I miss mine so much after moving back here. You just can't ride them here...

Oh, and that's my dad's house, not mine!!! I work on the car at his place, more space and so on... And I also keep buying him tools he never uses...

Last edited by x838nwy; Jan 1, 2006 at 05:55 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Gorgeous ride...too bad they don't import any scooby's with the tough mototrs to the US.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

nice ride, those seats look amazing
Old Jan 1, 2006, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wallyevolution
nice ride, those seats look amazing
They're a little tight on my 200lbs ***. But they fit, fortunately!!!
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Is anybody else feeling a spoiler delete version would be better?

Quick Reply: DAMN! STi S204 coming to the USA..