Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
interesting....good luck with it
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by V8EaterEvo
At least you have a plan. Thats all that matters. I'm sure you won't forget about us and keep us updated of the new beast when you get it. I'm feeling you about how Mitsubishi sucks. The only thing they have worth anything is the Evo, but they treat us like "red headed stepchildren".

Have a cold one for all of us.......
Oh yeah, I plan on keeping you guys posted since the EVO and the Skyline are kind of like family anyway. They both come from Japan and are AWD. They both represent like in this link... http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4890&q=skyline

Thanks, I am drinking some beer mixed with Awamori (Okinawa Sake) in a frosted Mug. It makes for an awesome beer .

Be safe and have fun. Keep the EVOs off the street tonight guys!

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Oh, btw, can you take me for a ride when you get it??!!
Sure NP!

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck! Infiniti dealers won't be able to resist a market adjustment. With the price target to be somewhere around $70k, I can easily see $20k mark up on these amazing cars.

Especially considering that they are saying only 1500 units will be brought over. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if dealers start taking deposits very soon. 1500 cars isn't a lot to go around, and I'm sure certain dealers will be allocated preferred status.

I would start calling. Or, you could try a broker and hope their fee will be less than some greedy dealer.

Whatever happens, good luck. And if you can't get one new, there will be a used one after some rich guy gets laughed at driving it to the country club.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

good luck in your quest for a GT-R. I wish you the best.....I certainly will be attaining this car when this comes out. i am pretty sure that it will blow everyone away....
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silverlining
Good luck! Infiniti dealers won't be able to resist a market adjustment. With the price target to be somewhere around $70k, I can easily see $20k mark up on these amazing cars.

Especially considering that they are saying only 1500 units will be brought over. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if dealers start taking deposits very soon. 1500 cars isn't a lot to go around, and I'm sure certain dealers will be allocated preferred status.

I would start calling. Or, you could try a broker and hope their fee will be less than some greedy dealer.

Whatever happens, good luck. And if you can't get one new, there will be a used one after some rich guy gets laughed at driving it to the country club.
Thanks and well said. I won't be buying it during its first year. I want it to have all of the bugs worked out prior to purchase. As well as by passing the silly first year markups.

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jkim2001
good luck in your quest for a GT-R. I wish you the best.....I certainly will be attaining this car when this comes out. i am pretty sure that it will blow everyone away....

Thanks and I agree it will set some new standards that others must follow. The turbo'd Porshes, Corvette, BMW M5 and many more are going to be back peddling. It will be like when the EVO first came out.

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Well its a good thing you will be waiting then.....Dealers will deffinetly have a mark up no reason for them not to, especially since you are paying cash....meaning they cant make any money on interest now so they have to make money somewhere....
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DUROEVO
Well its a good thing you will be waiting then.....Dealers will deffinetly have a mark up no reason for them not to, especially since you are paying cash....meaning they cant make any money on interest now so they have to make money somewhere....
Agreed and I plan on messing with their heads . I always play with car salesmen like asking dumb questions to see if they will lie or tell the truth.

I might get a loan and pay it off in a month or two just for the credit.

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
interesting....good luck with it
Thanks bro....

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

well if you want a easy sale I would consider letting them finance you and then pay if off....you figure even if they make a point of interest on a 70k loan it will be like 2k in their pocket and pay it off in two months no sweat of your back....and they will be easyer on the price.....trust me I work for a dealership...
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear , but good luck with the gtr. it should be a sweet car
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
Thanks and well said. I won't be buying it during its first year. I want it to have all of the bugs worked out prior to purchase. As well as by passing the silly first year markups.

-Nate

I don't see any huge potential for first year bugs, at least with the time tested engine/transmission set-up that previous rb systems have provided. Nissan doesn't exactly launch lemons, and all the spy shots/leaks on the mules runnning this system should be comforting.

I will be very curious to see how the car is percieved (purchased) here. Most folks who pay this kind of money for a performance car have looked to other marques in the us. Infinity is a good name, as near-luxury cars go. Not known for sports cars though, and $70k nissans possibly not selling is understandable, so I see the need for the brand, I just want to see if the folks who can afford one actually buy one over a 911, c6/z06, viper, etc.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DUROEVO
well if you want a easy sale I would consider letting them finance you and then pay if off....you figure even if they make a point of interest on a 70k loan it will be like 2k in their pocket and pay it off in two months no sweat of your back....and they will be easyer on the price.....trust me I work for a dealership...

Thanks for the great advice! I almost will feel guilty, almost .

-Nate

dude, it is 3 yrs away..who knows what could happen in that time...enjoy life. do what you like. I had a 95 skyline gtr...Had an accident and the insurance totalled it...So now I am sporting an EVO 9 for the time being..Hated the right hand drive and the gawkings...

Quick Reply: Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!