Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P.S. congrats...
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by purplegodzilla
dude, it is 3 yrs away..who knows what could happen in that time...enjoy life. do what you like. I had a 95 skyline gtr...Had an accident and the insurance totalled it...So now I am sporting an EVO 9 for the time being..Hated the right hand drive and the gawkings...
I agree and sorry about the miss-fortune. I bet that the GT-R was a lot of fun. While stationed in Japan, I had a Skyline Gxi which is a inline four banger. It sucked bad!!!

I live to plan and plan to live.

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Dec 31, 2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DUROEVO
P.S. congrats...
Thanks man!

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
You know that the GT-R isn't coming until 2008, and if you wait a year that means 2009 for you. Good luck. I plan on getting a GT-R also, but I don't plan on selling the Evo anytime soon. Evo will become a dedicated track car. Skyline will be my everyday commuter
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by atlvalet
You know that the GT-R isn't coming until 2008, and if you wait a year that means 2009 for you. Good luck. I plan on getting a GT-R also, but I don't plan on selling the Evo anytime soon. Evo will become a dedicated track car. Skyline will be my everyday commuter
Totally awsome idea! I envy you...
Old Dec 31, 2005, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
Yeah, I agree that the EVO will be a great dedicated track car. I will own one again someday. This just gives me a jump start on saving for the GT-R R35...

-Nate
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

dont worry i dont think u r that crazy....
i figure i may sell my evo late this year as well and move on to something else.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
Thanks and I agree it will set some new standards that others must follow. The turbo'd Porshes, Corvette, BMW M5 and many more are going to be back peddling. It will be like when the EVO first came out.

-Nate
Unless Nissan is not revealing something the new Skyline will not be revolutionary IMO. It will be a welcomed addition to the aforementioned cars, but it won't be like the C6Z06 that clearly destroys everything under 200K.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

you must have the patience of a saint - i know i couldn't (and wouldn't) wait 2-3 years for a car. my tastes change too quickly anyway.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

i disagree...i think the new gt-r concept is very ugly. look at the roof line...EWWW. If it didnt say "Skyline" on it, i believe that no one would give a rats rear-end about the car. It looks like an electric 'grocery-getter' concept from nissan. Now an R34, thats different....

But I still highly doubt that they will produce it...the old "Skyline" concept turned into the 350z/ G35. Im sure that this will just turn into the 2008 350z/ G35 as well...
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iLLiVo
If it didnt say "Skyline" on it, i believe that no one would give a rats rear-end about the car.
It doesn't even say Skyline on it.. as a matter of fact i think they will be dropping the Skyline name and only keep the GT-R..

But i get your point, and disagree.. i find the GT-R prototype really nice allthough i'd still pick up an Evo X instead of it... The GTR looks too much like a supercar for me, which is not what i want to be driving when i'm 25..
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:46 PM

You sound like me, I am in college, sold my cobra in order to save for an Evo IX and a TT Supra, because I want both. My plan is to buy one as soon as I graduate, if not before, then wait a while to find the other one. I will probably try and get the Supra first.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

gl with everything nate and happy new year!
Old Jan 1, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

good luck!...waiting for your future ride and i always wanted a skyline over a evo because of its reputation and legacy,but the cost of a new skyline is too much for me and hopefully one day i'll own a skyline.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
Unless Nissan is not revealing something the new Skyline will not be revolutionary IMO. It will be a welcomed addition to the aforementioned cars, but it won't be like the C6Z06 that clearly destroys everything under 200K.
And with w/ a 450-500 hp TTV6, what will happen when you thow an exhaust and a tune on the GT-R? And how much do you really think that will cost? Because of the the turbo, I wouldn't count the GT-R quite out yet.

Quick Reply: Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!