Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2006, 06:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I never said institutions haven't seen an increase in loan rates, that's why I said it was besides the point when I mentioned private banks.

Ahh, but you assume real estate is speculation. Why?

Typically (what private money does) is having potentially lower downpayment requirements than banks. When you are purchasing 5 or more units (a commercial loan) you are required to put a down payment of at least 30%. Some private money groups allow as little as 10%, but they also understand real estate much better than traditional outlets.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=atlvalet]Umm, you know what real estate paper is, right? Become the bank. And if you're looking at real estate historically, you don't (I think) understand leverage or ROI.

There are too many amatuers, but that doesn't mean you can't make good money because there are a bunch of numbskulls running around. What do you mean much higher borrowing costs? Interest rates are still near record lows.[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 1, 2006, 07:53 PM

I'm there with you google on the interest rates, to assume that a private bank would offer a lower rate of borrowing means everyone would have an incentive to borrow from them, and their available money would be quickly distributed to the point where they would have to raise interest rates to national levels.

How quickly this thread go off topic?!?!
Old Jan 1, 2006, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05WhiteEVO8
Nate did you sell it to someone local?
Nope, it is going to the same place as the 300ZX TT did. Give me a ring sometime!!!!

-Nate
Old Jan 1, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

i must say, the nw skyline is the first japanese car that will be slod in america that i fear.. it has potential for super power, impressive handling and overall greatness like teh evo.. possibly better.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
Nope, it is going to the same place as the 300ZX TT did. Give me a ring sometime!!!!

-Nate
If you are selling your car, sell me your evo 7 tails.

oh yeah, good luck with the skyline when it is released.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck! I have actually considered doing the same you are doing. Sell my Evo and get the GTR. People said you will have to wait 2 years. That's wrong, the GTR if no hold up in production for the US release will be here fall of 2006 as a 2007 model.

Things that are still up in the air, such as if it is a 70k+ car they might bring it out under the infiniti name. also I think there still trying to decide what engine to go with, either the rear wheel drive V8 Q45 engine or the inline 6 twin turbo all wheel drive. I pray that they go with the inline 6 twin turbo.

Soon as the final specs come out on this car on the topics above and the car is in final production stage I'll make my decision then.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

man i sifted through 3 pages of bankers to type

"congrats, i was/am thinking of doing the same type of thing, and the only thing holding me back, is nissan/infiniti. i just have to know more about the car before i sell the beloved evo. on the other hand though it had better be a slasher cause for the money involved i can think of three-four other cars that could be had in the same price range that i dream about. (M5, ZO6, ect.) i guess i will wait and see but i admire your huevos. good luck."
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo Police
Good luck! I have actually considered doing the same you are doing. Sell my Evo and get the GTR. People said you will have to wait 2 years. That's wrong, the GTR if no hold up in production for the US release will be here fall of 2006 as a 2007 model.

Things that are still up in the air, such as if it is a 70k+ car they might bring it out under the infiniti name. also I think there still trying to decide what engine to go with, either the rear wheel drive V8 Q45 engine or the inline 6 twin turbo all wheel drive. I pray that they go with the inline 6 twin turbo.

Soon as the final specs come out on this car on the topics above and the car is in final production stage I'll make my decision then.

It will be the V6TT. They will use all the data they get from their JGTC cars and use it on the GTR.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:39 AM

Good choice. I sold my Evo almost 2 years ago. Looks like it's still pretty much a very slow, ricey looking car. Good job on deciding to sell. There are much faster cars out there for you to buy.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 03:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
I figure now is the time to bail out of my awesome EVO and pre-stage some money in the bank for my true dream car. I love the EVO and have trully enjoyed it and all of you on this forum. I was offered enough money that I couldn't refuse. Besides soon it won't be worth as much because of the new model release.

This doesn't mean that I am not going to be on this forum anymore. Also I trully think that the EVO is currently the best sports car in America. Nothing else can compare with it, a few bolt ons, some tuning and you can run with anything! It has been fun and I loved taking it to the 1/8th mile track and running better times that 2 Vipers (1 of which was an ACR) that were there that night. I ran an 8.0179@86.53 the slip is in the registry under my profile.

You guys keep pushing on and running at the tracks and making a name for this awesome platform. The only thing that I don't like about the EVO is that it is affiliated with Mitsubishi. I hate Mistubishi and there terrible service. We own their flagship and they treat us like crap. I wish that they could get their damn act together. They are so lucky to have the EVO in their line up.

You guys take care and have a Happy New Year. ...

-Nate
Another GT-R fan huh! Congrats and good luck! Check out our 850+awhp Skyline GTR R34 Nur! If u want the mods, ill give it to u.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Oh great another halucinating fool from FL.....I gotta move....
Old Jan 2, 2006, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Red C5
Good choice. I sold my Evo almost 2 years ago. Looks like it's still pretty much a very slow, ricey looking car. Good job on deciding to sell. There are much faster cars out there for you to buy.

Very slow? Oh I'm sorry if your comparing to your space ship
Old Jan 2, 2006, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

i hope your c5 is a zo6 at least.. cuz otherwise im not sure what your talking about.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate Mistubishi and there terrible service. We own their flagship and they treat us like crap. I wish that they could get their damn act together. They are so lucky to have the EVO in their line up.
I AGREE!!!

I LOVE my EVO and I HATE Mitsubishi assistance.

Quick Reply: Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!