Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!

I figure now is the time to bail out of my awesome EVO and pre-stage some money in the bank for my true dream car. I love the EVO and have trully enjoyed it and all of you on this forum. I was offered enough money that I couldn't refuse. Besides soon it won't be worth as much because of the new model release.

This doesn't mean that I am not going to be on this forum anymore. Also I trully think that the EVO is currently the best sports car in America. Nothing else can compare with it, a few bolt ons, some tuning and you can run with anything! It has been fun and I loved taking it to the 1/8th mile track and running better times that 2 Vipers (1 of which was an ACR) that were there that night. I ran an 8.0179@86.53 the slip is in the registry under my profile.

You guys keep pushing on and running at the tracks and making a name for this awesome platform. The only thing that I don't like about the EVO is that it is affiliated with Mitsubishi. I hate Mistubishi and there terrible service. We own their flagship and they treat us like crap. I wish that they could get their damn act together. They are so lucky to have the EVO in their line up.

You guys take care and have a Happy New Year. ...

-Nate
Attached Thumbnails Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!-gtr1.jpg   Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!-gtr2.jpg   Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!-gtr4.jpg   Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!-gtr5.jpg   Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!-gtr6.jpg  

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Dec 31, 2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
I figure now is the time to bail out of my awesome EVO and pre-stage some money in the bank for my true dream car. I love the EVO and have trully enjoyed it and all of you on this forum. I was offered enough money that I couldn't refuse. Besides soon it won't be worth as much because of the new model release.

This doesn't mean that I am not going to be on this forum anymore. Also I trully think that the EVO is currently the best sports car in America. Nothing else can compare with it, a few bolt ons, some tuning and you can run with anything! It has been fun and I loved taking it to the 1/8th mile track and running better times that 2 Vipers (1 of which was an ACR) that were there that night. I ran an 8.0179@86.53 the slip is in the registry under my profile.

You guys keep pushing on and running at the tracks and making a name for this awesome platform. The only thing that I don't like about the EVO is that it is affiliated with Mitsubishi. I hate Mistubishi and there terrible service. We own their flagship and they treat us like crap. I wish that they could get their damn act together. They are so lucky to have the EVO in there line up.

You guys take care and have a Happy New Year. ...

-Nate

Wow...I am sure you know you are two years and 70k away.......
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Good luck man, but I would take my evo over any car. I am going to Japan soon with my dad and he will be buying a skyline gtr there. I'll bring some pics hopefully!!
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

dont blame you at all bud.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

I feel the same way, only thing is ill be selling the g35/ralliart but still won't be able to afford it @70k. 50-60k will be much better for my budget.

I pray nissan won't do the GT-R like honda did the NSX.

EDIT: Happy New Year aswell!
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

You had better put more than 1/2 of the price down on that thing when it comes out, or you'll be up "snitz creek" with payments for 5 years!!!!!!!!
G/L anyways
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Michael Adair
Wow...I am sure you know you are two years and 70k away.......
Yes, actually I am very much ready now but the R35 coming out a couple of years from now will make the loss of money not hurt as bad. I plan on paying cash out right when I buy it. I will refuse to pay a dealor mark-up but I am paying cash for it none the less.

My current only bill is the EVO that of course isn't counting the regular stuff like Power, water, ect... I am paying on it to keep the credit going strong...

This has been my plan for awhile it just was expedited by the offer for the EVO.

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Dec 31, 2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolvedmb
You had better put more than 1/2 of the price down on that thing when it comes out, or you'll be up "snitz creek" with payments for 5 years!!!!!!!!
G/L anyways
You are very right! I would never put myself or family in financial trouble for a car. It will be paid for out-right cash!!!!

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Nate -

Why don't you sell your EVO now and buy a Prius while you wait 2 years for the GT-R? By the time it is available, you will REALLY appreciate it's performance.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
I feel the same way, only thing is ill be selling the g35/ralliart but still won't be able to afford it @70k. 50-60k will be much better for my budget.

I pray nissan won't do the GT-R like honda did the NSX.

EDIT: Happy New Year aswell!
Good luck getting it bro.

I hope the same things but most likely it will be priced high. I do not plan on buying the first year one either so I am poised and ready for the wait.

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:49 PM
Account Disabled

That sounds good man good luck i know im going to keep my evo wait a year after the gtr comes out and get one to ride along with my evo 8.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
Nate -

Why don't you sell your EVO now and buy a Prius while you wait 2 years for the GT-R? By the time it is available, you will REALLY appreciate it's performance.

That was very funny! I actually will be driving a Maxima during that time I am in the US. If I get stationed in Japan again who knows what I will drive. Maybe a used EVO or GT-R. They are very cheap there and being military you get lots of breaks with their emissions laws.

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by P_A_STREET_EVO8
That sounds good man good luck i know im going to keep my evo wait a year after the gtr comes out and get one to ride along with my evo 8.

That would be awesome. I was thinking that later in life I could potentially get an EVO VIII again for track use only. Then the GT-R wouldn't be abused as much although I intend on taking it to the track as well.

-Nate
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

At least you have a plan. Thats all that matters. I'm sure you won't forget about us and keep us updated of the new beast when you get it. I'm feeling you about how Mitsubishi sucks. The only thing they have worth anything is the Evo, but they treat us like "red headed stepchildren".

Have a cold one for all of us.......

Last edited by V8EaterEvo; Dec 31, 2005 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Mistakes
Old Dec 31, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Oh, btw, can you take me for a ride when you get it??!!

Quick Reply: Selling the EVO VIII in preparation for the New GT-R!!