Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

01 2.5 RS.. need parts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 2.5 RS.. need parts

Anyone know where i could get some oem light for an 01 2.5 RS... my g/f is tired of the H3 bulbs... that are in the projectors on there now... and wants to go back to stock... she bought it like that... she keeps blowing bulbs and now her fog lights are going as well... so we are going to buy new fog lamps... and get rid of the projectors..

any help would be appreciated...
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

what kind of bulbs is she running? i would spend $50-100 on some quality bulbs before i replaced the lights themselves
Old Jan 6, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

www.nasioc.com - better off asking there
Old Jan 6, 2006, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

i knew there was a subie site... but blanked for a minute and couldn't remember what it was... thanks

as for the bulb... she is running H3's right now... I know they totally suck in the rain and pretty much all together that is why she was running the foglights at the same time... but now with only one foglight and the H3's she is saying that she can't see ****... but are there other options for bulbs in the different housing that she has... i will post up a pic of the light unit itself ...if that will help
Old Jan 6, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

so i just jumped on NASIOC and holy crap ... knowing almost nothing about subaru's except power and that its awd... and how to put in bulbs.. i was pretty much lost... a bunch of the threads were talking about how some are GC or earlier and different types of projectors and how some housing aren't projectors they are just a different housing and just reflect light like the OEM housing...

i need to finish some stuff here at work... check back in a little while...
Old Jan 6, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

"GC" is a chassis code relating to 93-01 imprezas. "GD" is the newer style impreza. your girlfriends car is a GC (its technically a GN6, but the subie guys still refer to them as GC's). your going to want 98-01 headlights off an RS preferably, the newer GC's have more angular headlights while the olders were rounder. my brother has an 01 2.5, so ill ask him if he knows of anything around.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GC8 = turbo Impreza WRX (JDM/EDM)
GM6 = USDM Impreza 2.5RS pre-01 models

If her light bulbs are going out all the time, you might want to replace/check out the wiring harness. I had to do it to my old 2.5RS after putting on some bulbs that were of a higher wattage than stock. You can buy a light harness from Pep Boys or something and then splice into the stock ones.

What color is her Subie? I had the Silverthorn Metallic and have a few stock 01 parts I haven't thrown out, if she needs some stuff.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

actually RS25.com would be a better site for Your car, they have awsome classifieds section too.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

its a dark blue color.. almost looks purple when the lights hits it right...

yeah i took a look at it... and she blew a bulb in her fog lights... got them replaced.... you can actually see the road now... now i just need to replace the bulbs for her headlights to something a bit brighter...see if that helps...

as far as the the stock light housings... we are going to stick with these... she was Pissed... and wanted to get rid of them... but i guess she wants to keep them... geez woman make up your mind... but i will keep that offer in mind cuz she could change her mind in a week or two...lol

thanks for all the info...