Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: Which should I put my time into?
ZC
0%
B16a1
68.42%
D15-turbo
15.79%
Which ever
15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Next mod for my Honda CRX? (Poll)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2003, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Girlrex
Well, now that you say it so RUDELY. Yeah, it is a honda~At least we have to build it up to get some *** instead of buying already fast and having to do NO work at all. Oh, that's right, you're not import; Mitsubishi is owned by DODGE. Oops! Almost forgot. Sorry if you hate honda, but I don't care, all I am into is building motors and just doing what I love. Excuse ****en me for not having a turbo'd stock car. Geezes, don't need to be so damn rude. Guys keep getting meaner and meaner, you guys need to be more respectful to GIRLS, majorly when I've worked my *** off for it. Ugh...anyways yes..
b16a1-hp:160
ZC(non-vtec)-hp:130
D15-hp:107
D15(turbo)-hp:160(ish)
Anyways, plz don't be mean, I am just curious damn!
Lancers are built in Japan...Get the b16a1.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

k, well the b16a1 with cable tranny is only gonna cost you like $1500, so i say save and go for that. The ZC isnt really worth it imo just for the extra cam. D16-T would probabbly be putting out more power than the b16 and everyone underestimates the d-series but i say you do it right the first time and get a b16. Get a b16 and turbo it later down the line and youll be much happier. You can piece together a custom turbo for pretty cheap, go here http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html for more details on that. If you have any more questions, try garagetuners.com, theirs alot of honda guys over there that can really help you out.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

i dont see why youd become a member to a 'MITSUBISHI ENTHUSIAST NETWORK' and the first thing youd ask is 'how do i mod my honda'?!?!? let me go register to a honda forum and ask them questions about my lancer!!! seriously, you seem to know a lot about cars/engines. i guess... but youll have to excuse smoktout and his STOCK turbo OZ.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Not to be a *****..but I just have to say it:

Stickers...add lots and lots of sticker...
Old Mar 27, 2003, 02:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Look, there's NOTHING wrong with what she did. It's TOTALLY within our rules. Either help her with a vote and/or and answer or move on. It's not that difficult.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Why no B20 + VTEC head? Torque + top end.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Girlrex
Well, now that you say it so RUDELY. Yeah, it is a honda~At least we have to build it up to get some *** instead of buying already fast and having to do NO work at all. Oh, that's right, you're not import; Mitsubishi is owned by DODGE. Oops! Almost forgot. Sorry if you hate honda, but I don't care, all I am into is building motors and just doing what I love. Excuse ****en me for not having a turbo'd stock car. Geezes, don't need to be so damn rude. Guys keep getting meaner and meaner, you guys need to be more respectful to GIRLS, majorly when I've worked my *** off for it. Ugh...anyways yes..
b16a1-hp:160
ZC(non-vtec)-hp:130
D15-hp:107
D15(turbo)-hp:160(ish)
Anyways, plz don't be mean, I am just curious damn!
well if your going to be like that.......doge is owned by mercedes. so in the short short version, while your still a honda we are esssentially a low low model mercedes.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'd say if ur gunna go for an engine swap...you mine as well go all the way....get an H22 and turbo it.....damn that would be sick in a crx......

if not.....jus go for the b16a1 with cable tranny
Old Mar 27, 2003, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by zlancer
i'd say if ur gunna go for an engine swap...you mine as well go all the way....get an H22 and turbo it.....damn that would be sick in a crx......

if not.....jus go for the b16a1 with cable tranny
Not sure if you meant it as a joke or not, but putting an H22 in a crx isn't very practical. It would cost well over $5000 to put one in a civic (which is difficult) imagine trying to fit one in a crx, not worth the time and money. Besides, you lose some conveniences such as power steering and air conditioning, that you don't lose with a b16 or any other engine that can accually fit in the car. And theres so much other crap, like new axles and stiffer shocks and so on.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

sell it
Old Mar 27, 2003, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Wuts wrong with having something other then a mitsubishi?? I have a CRX sitting outside my house right now??
Old Mar 27, 2003, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by rrozul09
Wuts wrong with having something other then a mitsubishi?? I have a CRX sitting outside my house right now??
Absolutly nothing, these people are ****in retarded with what their saying. My best friend has an EH3 with a D16Z6, beautiful and fast.

Last edited by 2 point 0; Mar 27, 2003 at 09:58 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

No kidding 2 point 0
Old Mar 30, 2003, 07:53 PM

Hey grlracer...i think what you were thinking was how you're gonna incorporate a mitsubishi stock t25 turbo on your stock d series motor. Here just go to this site www.homemadeturbo.com and that will answer ALL and I mean ALL your questions regarding the mistu turbos with the D series motor.
As for a swap, if you are for all out power go and do a swap since it will give you far better potential in the long run. And an H22 in a CRX isnt too costly as long as you do your own labor.

I had a fully built b16a boosting at 10psi in my civic sedan and it was fast as hell, but, like always there is always someone faster than you in the other lane. Especially a particular car named

EVOLUTION!!!

but guess what EVO guys, have you heard of STi????
Old Mar 30, 2003, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

my body just droped a h22 with a huge turbo and a list of internals and machine work in a del sol with 450 hp insanely fast and fun

Quick Reply: Next mod for my Honda CRX? (Poll)