Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: Which should I put my time into?
ZC
0%
B16a1
68.42%
D15-turbo
15.79%
Which ever
15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Next mod for my Honda CRX? (Poll)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb :)

Hey I'm going to HIN in Seattle, is that the one you guys are talking about? Anyways, I just wanted to tell you guys that because I'm going! I'm driving up there from Boise with my boyfriend. Anyways I am not a mitsubishi enthusiast but that's okay! Actually I also have question. I was reading in this article and they took a turbo from a mitsu and they then put it in a d15 HF on a crx and if you didn't know. CRX HF: tq:87 hp:73
With the turbo replacing the exhaust manifold. They came up with 165 lbs. of torque and 180 hp. Damn! On a d15 can you believe it? well i was wondering if that would be a good project or should I just save up on getting my b16a1? or zc...
Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

what's that, a honduh?
Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:05 AM

Well, now that you say it so RUDELY. Yeah, it is a honda~At least we have to build it up to get some *** instead of buying already fast and having to do NO work at all. Oh, that's right, you're not import; Mitsubishi is owned by DODGE. Oops! Almost forgot. Sorry if you hate honda, but I don't care, all I am into is building motors and just doing what I love. Excuse ****en me for not having a turbo'd stock car. Geezes, don't need to be so damn rude. Guys keep getting meaner and meaner, you guys need to be more respectful to GIRLS, majorly when I've worked my *** off for it. Ugh...anyways yes..
b16a1-hp:160
ZC(non-vtec)-hp:130
D15-hp:107
D15(turbo)-hp:160(ish)
Anyways, plz don't be mean, I am just curious damn!
Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

I'd follow the trend and drop a b16a into your crx followed by turbo.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

And not all of us drive stock turbo cars. Only those lucky folks with evo 8s. Most of us drive the 120 hp NA variant. I can understand you getting defensive, but getting offensive won't help at all.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

buy a 10+k spoon engine and blow away a vette, that sounds fun!
But I agree with ghostrider, b16a
Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:25 AM

Yeah but a spoon b16 isn't $10k, but it is expensive. I don't think its a huge deal for me to get it because I am not doing huge mods. But beating a vette with a spoon b16 sounds a little far-fetched to me. It's only like 200hp but the motor is strong. Anyways, thanks for the help though. Oh, ghost, WAIT until you come to boise~Fhew! You will see what I am talking about. Everyone drives an eclipse gt-s or a civic "si-R" lol too bad there's not si-r here in u.s until you get the real b16. Anyways, sorry for the stereotypes. Thanks
Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

You should check with the folks at Ground Zero for all your Honda questions. They're pretty well known around here for their Honda exploits.

I've actually been to Boise for a soccer game last year. Didn't see much though, more just stopping by. You should check us out while you're in town for HIN.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Not to mention, despite being owned by Daimler Chrysler, more of the import Mitsubishi parts are in the Domestic (esp Chrysler) cars than vice versa.

Changing the thread title so people have some indication of what's inside.

EDIT: Also moved w/ a redirect to Other Cars since this really isn't region specific.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Mar 26, 2003 at 12:45 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

Well, now that you say it so RUDELY. Yeah, it is a honda~At least we have to build it up to get some *** instead of buying already fast and having to do NO work at all. Oh, that's right, you're not import; Mitsubishi is owned by DODGE. Oops! Almost forgot. Sorry if you hate honda, but I don't care, all I am into is building motors and just doing what I love. Excuse ****en me for not having a turbo'd stock car. Geezes, don't need to be so damn rude. Guys keep getting meaner and meaner, you guys need to be more respectful to GIRLS, majorly when I've worked my *** off for it. Ugh...anyways yes..
uh huh

why are you asking mitsubishi people about hondas.
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

cause we know more than honduh people..
Old Mar 26, 2003, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

lol id go with a friggin crv motor :-)
HONDA - How Odd, No Damn Aceleration
Old Mar 26, 2003, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

wow, so many people on high horses today....

well i'd suggest a b18. there are so many possibilities with that engine: turbo, LS vtec, etc. but i'd go with a turbo with stronger internals. i hope this helps.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 12:42 PM

Why not just drop an H22A motor in ther and be done with it, seriously I would suggest the b18 gsr motor it has slightly better internals and a little more displacment than the others and makes more power right off the bat. Then consider if you want to turbo it later, I have seen some impressive hondas with just the N/A motor in them. By the way good luck at the HIN.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 12:47 PM

hey guys, chill 0ut... this girl is just askin for some suggestions... mr. smoktout here started it anyway..... chill ya'll.. there's too much violence in the world now..... peace out

Quick Reply: Next mod for my Honda CRX? (Poll)