Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Nice video of man getting run over by Ferrari F50, then crashing into a ditch!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2006, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice video of man getting run over by Ferrari F50, then crashing into a ditch!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....229ED8BDD6&p=0

Dang..... I hope that guy is okay....

poor car though
Old Jan 30, 2006, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On man how ancient is that video? How many times have they played this on Americas Most Shocking Videos now? Like 300 times?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kordwood
On man how ancient is that video? How many times have they played this on Americas Most Shocking Videos now? Like 300 times?

haha I didnt know, I dont really watch TV

sorry for wasting everyones time
Old Jan 30, 2006, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
on that same page there is a link for asian girls dancing. they are dancing on a yellow evo is that anyones?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
on that same page there is a link for asian girls dancing. they are dancing on a yellow evo is that anyones?

hahaha hope thats not my EVO they're dancing on otherwise i'll beat them up
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

ouch.
Poor car
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
haha I didnt know, I dont really watch TV

sorry for wasting everyones time

didn't waste my time, i hadn't seen it...cheers
Old Jan 30, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
hahaha hope thats not my EVO they're dancing on otherwise i'll beat them up
I could find a way for them to make it up to me if it was my evo
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by nitz
didn't waste my time, i hadn't seen it...cheers
+1 ... cheers
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The F50 Ferrari was indeed my favorite car of all the times but after seen this video it makes me think what a pathetic estability/handling/braking that car has.

Cmon, have you pay attention to detail on the video?, the guy has the sterring turned all the way to the right and the car is going straight?, does that car comes with ABS at all or what?

Even if it comes with ABS or not the braking is absolutely pathetic, yes I know the road was wet but still the car skip for a long distance at a very very low speeds.

Can you guys imagine how horrible the handling could been if you are on the gas in a wet road?

Anyway, if you guys have the guts to handle it go to www.tremek.com and you can watch a few hundreds of videos like that..
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
The F50 Ferrari was indeed my favorite car of all the times but after seen this video it makes me think what a pathetic estability/handling/braking that car has.

Cmon, have you pay attention to detail on the video?, the guy has the sterring turned all the way to the right and the car is going straight?, does that car comes with ABS at all or what?

Even if it comes with ABS or not the braking is absolutely pathetic, yes I know the road was wet but still the car skip for a long distance at a very very low speeds.

Can you guys imagine how horrible the handling could been if you are on the gas in a wet road?

Anyway, if you guys have the guts to handle it go to www.tremek.com and you can watch a few hundreds of videos like that..

First, there's an implied 'my car is better than a ferrari' vibe to your post....

more importantly, since you pointed out that it seemed odd. Freeze frame the video and tell me it doesn't look like the front tires hadn't turned at all. Steering went out?

it's hard to tell for sure but it kinda caught my eye.... anyone speak gobbledygook?
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Illinest
First, there's an implied 'my car is better than a ferrari' vibe to your post....

more importantly, since you pointed out that it seemed odd. Freeze frame the video and tell me it doesn't look like the front tires hadn't turned at all. Steering went out?

it's hard to tell for sure but it kinda caught my eye.... anyone speak gobbledygook?
No, let me clarify first that I am not implying my car is better, I am more logical than absurd.

regardless of the steering issue, the braking was pathetic, so either way is pathetic.

Uhmm, lets see what I found:

There is no servo assist, as the engineers felt that the size of the brakes made it unnecessary. There is also no ABS (Antilock Brake System) even though they are almost standard equipment on lower priced cars. It should be pointed out that ABS is typically not found on race cars, as a trained driver can effectively control braking without electronic assist.

As reported by Car and Driver in the January 1997 issue, the F50s brakes are not impressive. They were difficult to control (easily locked up, not the most efficient way to slow down) and managed to stop the car from 70 mph in 176 feet, longer than many lesser production cars.

http://www.web-cars.com/f50/brakes.html

Ohhh!! lets make some logical comments here, old guy+no ABS brakes+wet road= the older guy gets run over.

Why should I imply my car is better? what for?, lets admit the Ferrari F50 had braking issues and end of the history(read the mid-botton section of the link I sent).

And last but not least since you said I implied my car is better, well, lets bring it on, the Evo 8 outbrakes the Ferrari Enzo on braking from 60-0mph(only) so in this case a simple Evo 8 ($30000) would have done a better braking job than the fastet production Ferrari ever.

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jan 30, 2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Ouch!
Old Jan 30, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

yeah it is old, but it is funny! Looks like grandpa needs to learn no turny on wet with the brakes locked up!
Old Jan 31, 2006, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
No, let me clarify first that I am not implying my car is better, I am more logical than absurd.

regardless of the steering issue, the braking was pathetic, so either way is pathetic.

Uhmm, lets see what I found:

There is no servo assist, as the engineers felt that the size of the brakes made it unnecessary. There is also no ABS (Antilock Brake System) even though they are almost standard equipment on lower priced cars. It should be pointed out that ABS is typically not found on race cars, as a trained driver can effectively control braking without electronic assist.

As reported by Car and Driver in the January 1997 issue, the F50s brakes are not impressive. They were difficult to control (easily locked up, not the most efficient way to slow down) and managed to stop the car from 70 mph in 176 feet, longer than many lesser production cars.

http://www.web-cars.com/f50/brakes.html

Ohhh!! lets make some logical comments here, old guy+no ABS brakes+wet road= the older guy gets run over.

Why should I imply my car is better? what for?, lets admit the Ferrari F50 had braking issues and end of the history(read the mid-botton section of the link I sent).

And last but not least since you said I implied my car is better, well, lets bring it on, the Evo 8 outbrakes the Ferrari Enzo on braking from 60-0mph(only) so in this case a simple Evo 8 ($30000) would have done a better braking job than the fastet production Ferrari ever.

I'm not going to engage in a pissing contest. You think your Evo is a better car than an F50. Great. Whatever.

Quick Reply: Nice video of man getting run over by Ferrari F50, then crashing into a ditch!!!