Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

c6 vette fast?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i have never seen the Evo and s2k run in real life. but from reading on this forum as well as s2ki (sometimes i feel they're a little biased, but regardless) generally the s2k is considered to be pretty even with the Evo from a roll (from a dig is no comparison). from what i've read stock Evo 8's lose too much power to the awd drivetrain so the s2k can keep up or even beat it. this applies to even the 05 Evo 8's with the new hotside. i'm not sure how the evo 9 vs s2k from a roll roll out. they also say the s2k has better top end @_@ i'm not really sure. when i get my 9 i'll run my bro's s2k.

me and my bro always believed the Evo 8&9 will outrun the s2k in any straightline speed contest, but that's contrary to what we read on the net........so what the cheese
Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
We are limited governed to 155MPH from factory,
Carlos
ltd until u get a flash.

i have gone 170 down I-10 & the US60 in AZ & can tell you there was more left, but by 140mph, the aerodynamics of the evo begin to work against you. it's like driving an apt bldg...
Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

fusionchicken, the s2k is more slippery at high speed than the evo so it is possible to pull on one BUT if they are making the same modded power, the s2k will be a handful on the topend over 100mph...
Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:31 AM

I think Vettes are awesome cars...just not my style. I'm on my second EVO and wouldn't even consider a vette. However, even if an EVO had identical horsepower at the wheels (as the Vette), our EVO flying brick is going to reach any given top speed slower than the aerodynamically superior Vette. I don't think we would ever catch the Vette..assuming both cars started from a roll at the same time...unless we had WAY more horsepressure under our hood.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoJutsu
The Vette is a fast Car. Def mid 12's, the 400 hp. A stock evo would have no chance against against a c6 on the track or highway unless the vette driver suxs. Now lets say IX with a tbe, mbc, drop in filter, and a flash will yield at least 330 to the wheels. The Evo with a decent driver will run at LEAST mid 12s but low 12s is expected. On a roll, the evo with a good driver will smoke the C6. But on a highway roll, id say it would be pretty even.
A 100% bonestock C6, Yes, but it will still be close with C6 drivers seeing 112-115mph traps.

Housedj, a EVO will topout at just over 170mph rpm limited if you have enough power to push it that far, so you had to be at 7K+. While stock C6's top out at 186mph.

Last edited by Jasil; Feb 26, 2006 at 04:05 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 08:06 AM
BMo
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by housedj
by 140mph, the aerodynamics of the evo begin to work against you. it's like driving an apt bldg...
yup
Old Feb 26, 2006, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

I know you're talking about the standard c6, but just to chime in: I encountered a c6 z06 a week or so ago and let's just say it didn't end well for me. Unbelievable pull from a roll...

Keep in mind that people have trapped as high as 127-128 STOCK c6 z06...
Old Feb 26, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

A c6 corvette comes with a torque limiting feature built in to the stock ecu cause the driveshaft is weak, stock driveshaft c6s with the limiter removed on slicks will snap the driveshaft on a hard launch. If your are looking for info on the c6 maybe you could try www.zo6vette.com
Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Fast maybe - tarmac king? Dunno.
http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1140426834/Great_Drivers
Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by B4IFLY
Driver error, does not mean the car is at fault... I've seen older vettes hang very well in tight tracks against all kinds of cars as long as the driver is up to the task. I've been at the Talladega Grand Prix track and seen an older vette turn times as fast or nearly as fast as a race car.. The race car was a Colt, with race rubber driven by a good hot shoe. The Vette was around a '00 model, stock running on high performance tires driven by it's owner (not a racing driver).
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

man some of you guys are pathetic

a bone stock c6 is about a 12.5@113mph and will have no problem with a stock evo from a dig or roll (given he knows how to launch/drive)

a bone stock c5 z06 (the 405 HP) version is faster, low 12's (12.2@117mph EASY in a good driver) and rapes stock and mildly modded evos in a drag race or from a roll

the c6 z06? don't even try....they are in a whole new level of performance.....they have already been hitting 11.6@126mph BONE STOCK!!!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

yea i know the s2k's aerodynamic is better than the Evo. so is the Vette. I guess this is what we have to give up by driving a performance sedan a brick going to 140mph is still pretty impressive though

yea the c6 z06 is a whole other level of performance (on dry road)...it's up there among the best. you can almost count the faster cars in this world with your hands and feet (<20 i think off the top of my head)......and look at the price tag at a mere 65k O_O

i think the only thing Evo fanboi's could have used in defense for the Evo against the c6 vette is that the Evo is a rally car, and will outperform most cars including the c6 on dirt, sand, snow and rain lol. otherwise the c6 vette, esp. the z06, are superior performance cars on dry roads.

can't we all just love and appreicate good performance cars? the vette is faster but the Evo can take 3 more people. both cars are built for different purposes, thus the difference in performance in certain aspects between each car.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

Lol, ok...Even with all the mods in my sig our Z06 pulls on it hard from a roll, Our Z06 has an exhaust and open air box (zip tie mod, for the Vette guys) and that's it. My Evo can hang for a bit, but if its from lets say a 3rd gear roll, its over pretty quick. Ive had my Evo up to 165 and pulling (8K redline) but I let off. You cant compare the 2 cars, the Vette will get to 170 + quicker than the Evo will. Ive raced our Z06 plenty of times after 120 or so for me in the Evo and the Vette is just pulling away, yeah I might hit 170, but the Vette would already have been there way before me and not to mention have buslenghts on me

Also I'll add this, the Evo does "feel" faster than our Z06, but once your next to eachother racing, its pretty obvious that it just "feels" faster I'll have the Evo floored and the Z06 just blows by like im standing still. I have raced my wife before from a slow roll, she spun (she started in 1st) and I managed to hold her off to 120, but after that she put 5-6 cars on me pretty quick, 4th gear in the Z06 goes up to like 143 Anyways just my .02 cents since I own both.

Lol, fusionchicken...I know what you mean about S2Ki. Even when we had our S2K and raced the Evo several times they couldnt believe that a stock Evo could hang with it (when my Evo was stock)
Old Feb 27, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you very much for posting that Evil EVO! You are the owner I was thinking of and I have two friends with Z06's, so I knew the answer, but it's nice to see another EVO owner (with mods) state the obvious to the people in denial and wearing blinders!!
Old Feb 27, 2006, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by housedj
fusionchicken, the s2k is more slippery at high speed than the evo so it is possible to pull on one BUT if they are making the same modded power, the s2k will be a handful on the topend over 100mph...
slightly OT, but an s2k is NOT that fast over 100mph. i owned an '01 s2k and i'm pretty sure my IX would have destroyed it at any speed. of course, the story may be a little different at sea level....NA cars really suffer up here at 5300+ ft.