Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

c6 vette fast?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evil EV0
I always felt our Z06 handled better than our Evo, but thats just me. I personally would take the Z over the Evo (and I do like Evo's) As for my FRC vs my Cobra, there is no comparison 600 to 700whp is a huge difference alone, but then throw in 400lbs less Both car are easy 10sec cars, well the Vette easier, but my Cobra trapped 121 with no launch, just taking off at idle, and the Vette has trapped 132 with an easy launch as well, shifting early
This is a funny thing to say, but the EVO might handle better than the C6 in some ways, but I can tell you one thing fpr sure, the C6 feels much more comfortable at higher speeds. At least that was true in some sweeping turns near the dealer where I bought it. I was sure to take the EVO around the same turns and I scared myself going about the same speed that I did with the 'Vette. The C6 is more planted in the ground, has less body lean and the huge rubber doesn't hurt either.. Funny thing, even with those run flat tires, the C6 has a lot more grip.. Sttill, the EVO is such a great handling car that it's hard to find fault with it. In the 1/4 mile, I think the C6 will own a stock EVO and maybe even one with boost control or a reflash of some sort....
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it would be close 1/4 mile. Our buddy has a 9 and he can beat our Z06 1/4 mile if we dont get a good launch. Lol, obvioulsy he has the advantage. All he has is a TBE and 21 psi. Its not easy to launch a high hp rwd car on the street without some dr's or et street's. But yeah, I always felt the Vette was more planted around turns,
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I handed a 07 c6 its but on a closed course on ramp by 3-4 cars. a Z06.........Dont think so.