Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Turbo RSX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2006, 02:38 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo RSX

Anyone know anything about turbo RSX's and how much it would cost to safely go forced induction with one? I drove in a stock Type S and I like the seats, the feel, the look however it needs a bit more kick and then it'd be perfect. Also, can Honda/Acura still be just as reliable with forced induction as NA or close to? OR do you pretty much shoot reliability out the window when you go TC/SC? Greddy sells a kit for $2,600... however it must be way more than that with supporting mods, or can you just bolt on the kit and build up your supporting mods with time?
Old Mar 28, 2006, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

with that car and the compression ratio being the way it is, you would want to supercharge rather then turbo, but in my opinion id just go NA and build up the internals, hondas are more fun when you can redline at 9000rpm
Old Mar 28, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

on another note, honda will be coming out with a turboed SUV supposedly, i forget its name, but i smell and engine swap
Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:16 PM

The kit from HKS ive seen good reviews about.... as long as u have the money you can do it.
go visit ClubRSX.com and check their forums out if ur wondering about turboing a type-s.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:45 PM

A friend of mine that lives near me in Pa had a turbo type s rsx, in my opinion it was the most ungodly car ive ever heard or seen it would put a hurtin on any turbo fwd and many awd cars no matter what they are. as for price i believe he had aboput a total of 9-10 grand in to the car and all work was done by himself. his parents own a machine shop in ther area so he had alot of machinery and know how to do the job the right way. I believe his quckest time ,at a rather slow track here in ne pa called numidia, was a 12.6 or so but that was with the original tires that the car came with, put slick on it and i would have to say it would easily duck into the 11s. If u do a google of turbo rsx typs in hazleton or north east pa u might get lucky and come across the video of it or if i find the link i will post it for you. sorry the post was so long.hope it was helpful.

Last edited by jonboy_4x; Mar 28, 2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:51 PM

Oh and another thing i forgot to say was it dynod at 399 or so whp.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
pm me I have all the details. I had a 02 boosted hatch with a K20 which is the same kit. The car loves boost, just have to use alcohol injection. The kits are about 5k. I have pics also.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Couldn't resist a few pics. I loved that car. You can expect an easy 320whp on 9psi. That 399 is a bit high, he must have a bunch of work, maybe sleeved?? But a stock K20 will love 9-10psi on alcohol. I never ever had any problems and neither does the new owner. Hope this helps.

Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:22 PM

the turbo kits seem cheap, but the greddy kit doesn't include the intercooler
Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
Anyone know anything about turbo RSX's and how much it would cost to safely go forced induction with one? I drove in a stock Type S and I like the seats, the feel, the look however it needs a bit more kick and then it'd be perfect. Also, can Honda/Acura still be just as reliable with forced induction as NA or close to? OR do you pretty much shoot reliability out the window when you go TC/SC? Greddy sells a kit for $2,600... however it must be way more than that with supporting mods, or can you just bolt on the kit and build up your supporting mods with time?
Yes, I know about RSX Type S turbo, I know that Nabahi(a local Tucson guy) whooped my A S S(on my heavily modded WRX) on his RSX Type -S and Greddy 18G turbo.

Definately a fast car if you asked me... his car ws very very fast from a roll, I had absolutely no chance on my WRX trapping 104mph, he would smoke me from a roll violently. Traction was horrible on his car, anything bellow 45mph was wheel spinning.

He now drives a modified 320WHP WRX with a 2.5 block on the street of Tucson. If you want more details about a Turbo RSX Type S I will be more than glad to call him and having him contact you personally, just PM me.

Carlos
Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=Most-Wanted]That 399 is a bit high, he must have a bunch of work, maybe sleeved??

wasnt sleeved however im pretty sure it was somewhat of a built bottem end pistons,rods,etc.

and also i found the vid but couldnt post a link for whatever reason and i couldnt figure out how to attach it but go to http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/and search
CN Stage II video of Doug at the track! and u will find it. its one of his slower times 13.7 but trap speed was 115 so that would equal out to around a low 12 which was what he ran b4 sellin the car for dirt cheap. also cybernation was where he got his kit from.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:50 PM

1 wheel burn out sucks. drop another 1300 for a LSD, car cost as much as an EVO.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i troll around clubrsx a lot and the JRSC race version is very good. If you want to turbo the K20 then I would go with a proven company such as cybernation motorsports
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Be very careful with Cybernation. I am local to them and know alot of horror stories. As for the LSD, you can always use Phantom Grip. I had to because the Quaife was on national back order. I never had any problems with it. I know alot of people who said they've had issues, but who knows. Mine worked great.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 04:59 PM

i wouldn't call phantom grip a LSD at all. lol not real LSD............

Quick Reply: Turbo RSX