Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

c6z acceleration video by MT!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2006, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeeesuz! You could take 0-60 and still be in first gear! Insane run!
Old Apr 30, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Impressive..
Old Apr 30, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, the problem is gearing, you can make the power we don't have the gear though.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
The Z06 ran the fastest lap time at Nurburgring for any production based car under 250K.
In the end it's just physics and displacment wins!
Fastest lap for any production based car under 250k? I find that very very hard to believe. And also, this year in one lap, there is a viper running a twin turbo vette motor, and you know what it has a good chance of beating the ams evo, and you know what, I dont care!!!! Yes the evo is at a disadvantage having less than half, or in the case of the viper 1/4 of the displacement, but when you say the vette is just a more complete package I think your wrong. Don't forget that all the cars you listed, and the one lap ams car are all just somebodies own version of a sub 30k dollar 4 door 4 banger, and to me thats what makes it all worth it. Yes, an evo is not going to run 200mph stock, but we can do it with 4 people in the car.....

To me the Evo is just a mind boggling bargain, its just pure performance at the expense of everthing but speed, and I am happy with that.

Scorke

p.s. If your still concerned about gearing a built 2.0/ Kansai final drive will give you all the top end you need to go 200+.

Last edited by scorke; Apr 30, 2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a link Scorke you have to do a little research, but the Ford GT had track tires if you still count it than say 150K. The Z06 was wearing stock run flat's.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=nurburgring

The EVO is a great bargain.....no doubt about it and if you need the space I can't think of any car that can provide the performance and aftermarket that a EVO can.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
The EVO is a great bargain.....no doubt about it and if you need the space I can't think of any car that can provide the performance and aftermarket that a EVO can.
and the c6z is a bargain if u're just looking for all-out dry road performance and awe inspiring acceleration.

but that's about where the similarity ends with the Evo and c6z.

the c6z is other-worldly; it is just....out there..

i still love my Evo though
Old Apr 30, 2006, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

that's insane acceleration!

have any of you seen the video on streetfire of an EVO pulling a new Z06 from a roll...it was pretty amazing.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

if i had to add to this whole evo vs zo6 thing i would have to say that i would choose the new m5. it does 200mph (with limiter off) and it has four doors. best of both worlds
Old Apr 30, 2006, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gb_junkie
that's insane acceleration!

have any of you seen the video on streetfire of an EVO pulling a new Z06 from a roll...it was pretty amazing.
Something isn't right with that video. The 1st run the Z06 let off the 2nd was clean for two gears, but has that conspicuous blip in it, the 3rd race the Z06 let's off again.

That EVO should be able to pull a stock Z06, but a better video needs to be out to prove it IMO.