Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

EVO vs. STI?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2003, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by IwantEvoVIII
I hope EVO owns the STi..

its time for Mitsubishi to get a victory in these wars and show all those ignorant Suby punks who makes the real rally cars.

I mean Mitsu was the rally king....4 titles in a row, and then Suby got a couple victories by stealing our driver and all this **** happened and the WRX came and everyone thinks Subuaru is all good now and can kick ***...

EVO WILL REIGN SUPREME.

Sure, Tommi Makinen got 4 titles in a row but that doesn't mean that one car is better than the other. That just means he was the best driver for those 4 years. Your argument, though it contains true facts holds no weight on account that Mitsubishi PULLED OUT of the full campain this year and have had little to no results since Tommi left.

If we all went by this argument we all should be driving Peugeot's cause that's what Marcus and Richard are running.

I think you should be more careful with the use of "ignorant" as well.

Thanks for listening.
disco
Old Apr 14, 2003, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by IwantEvoVIII
I hope EVO owns the STi..

its time for Mitsubishi to get a victory in these wars and show all those ignorant Suby punks who makes the real rally cars.

I mean Mitsu was the rally king....4 titles in a row, and then Suby got a couple victories by stealing our driver and all this **** happened and the WRX came and everyone thinks Subuaru is all good now and can kick ***...

EVO WILL REIGN SUPREME.
Actually I think Mitsu only won a constructor's championship in 1998. Tommi won 4 driver's championships in 96-99. He did horrible when coming over to Subaru, winning only the Monte Carlo rally in 2002, and that was because Loeb was DQ'ed. He only had points in 5 rallies all year.

And even though Burns (Subaru) won the driver's championship in 2001, Peugeot have taken the constructor's championship for the last 3 years. Toyota took it in 1999, Mitsubishi in 1998. Not sure about historical results before that.

Old Apr 14, 2003, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

All I have to say is:

If the STi is equal or any better than the EVO, people buying the STi will be very happy!!!!

I had many doubts about witch car to buy. I went with the Evo for several reasons, and honestly, could not be happier!!!

P.S.: I don't mean to be rude, but people that go to boards and mostly attack either car are not interested in deciding witch one to buy,( because they will NOT) but only start flame wars!!!

P.S 2.: I have liked the looks of the STi over the EVO. Made the decision to purchase EVO, still thinking the way the STi looked better.

Have changed my mind since I saw the silver EVO in person
Old Apr 14, 2003, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

I have to agree with you there Fred. Once I saw the Evo in person I was hooked. The pictures dont do it any justice. I honestly think the STI is hideous, the new head lights helped but the back end and taillights are still revolting!
Old Apr 15, 2003, 10:44 AM

hey im getting the STi but i still like the evo cuz my friend has it and it is alot nicer outside than the pictures shown on webpages

but i think everyone will find out which car is faster when the STi comes out, but if any car is faster than the other, it wont be much faster and it depends on how good the driver is but im still with the STi but i dont hate the evo i just hate =)
-O4STi