Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Stg 4++ Evo vs. 96 RB20DET w/ Greddy T67

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Stg 4++ Evo vs. 96 RB26DET w/ Greddy T67

Alright guys, here is the deal. I was getting ready to leave work today and this guy came up to me and asked me whose evo that was. So I told him it was mine and then came what I think is straight BS.

He told me that he has a 1996 Nissan Skyline R34 with the RB26DET motor. He then proceeds to tell me that he has the stock exhaust and stock in take, but then tells me he has a greddy T67 turbo in it, running 28lbs on pump gas (no injection of any sort). I didnt get any other information from him because I simply didnt know what to say...

Anyway, he wants to race me next friday, so supposedly he is coming to my work when I get off....well see

Anyway, I just thoughout I would share this humorous story with you guys and see what you thought.

Last edited by kmcconn9; May 13, 2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 13, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds a bit fishy.. keep us posted
Old May 13, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

/\ yea that was everybodys opinion at the shop...for someone that has a car like the skyline with the t67, you wouldnt be asking me my opinion on which exhaust and intake to put on your car....
Old May 13, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

o, and you wouldnt have a stock exhaust and intake with a single turbo conversion, and you certainly could not be running 28lbs on the stock block on 93 pump...
Old May 13, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Considering that the R34 hadnt been released until 1998 as a 1999 model, I think hes full of it.

not to mention, an RB26DETT with a T67 making 27 psi seems like it would run out of steam rather quickly. Dont hold your breath
Old May 13, 2006, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Either he is an idiot or you misspelled...

Back to where it came from
written by Jens Bachfeld, Editor-in-Chief (print this article)

The R34 GT-R was introduced in January 1999 and bettered its predecessor’s performance in almost every department. Basically, the new car is built upon the improved technology of its prede-cessors. Since Nissan’s market research had found out that most people preferred the smaller R32’s nimbleness to the larger R33’s handling, the R34’s length was reduced by 7.5cm to decrease its dimensions and bring its handling more towards that of the R32. In correspondence with other technical improvements, the new R34 has thus become the best Skyline GT-R ever.

And if he was a good idiot he would know its a RB26DETT

I would see what he shows up with.Its probably A 240 with an SR20DET...
Old May 13, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

/\ yea probably..

O, he said there was a different motor in it, so maybe je swapped out the r33 for the r34, but I didnt think there was a difference in the motors...I am pretty illeterate when it comes to skylines..
Old May 13, 2006, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

well lets just say he does have a 96 skyline with a greddy t67 (25g), any idea om power or if I would even stand a chance...I know speculation is tough given the circumstances
Old May 13, 2006, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Althought a T67 is a larger turbo than most, it still isnt single turbo category when speaking of a high revving, inline 6....it doesnt add up...at least I think so. Ive seen drag r33's with twin t67s but we're not talking about that...however, I havent seen an Evo with much more than 430 horses with a T67....on pump...so maybe a skyline would make better use...but if you have an R34 you have money to go big.......

Or not, I dont know. Anyone else concur?
Old May 13, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

that makes sense. Now that I think of it, he was asking me about turbo upgrade opitons, like how big to go and what kind of powewr level could a certain turbo achieve. He said people were telling him to go with a single turbo conversion over 2 new turbos. Then he later told me about the t67, right before he left....haha I didnt realize that..

Well, I guess only time will tell, I will be sure to report back friday night with pictures (of whatever he drives in) and hopefully a video of some ownage..
Old May 14, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Heres one for you....

I went to the local nudie bar....and for the most part, I try to remain inconspicuous with my car...

I pulled in, past the clear front door and went inside. The conversation with the guy taking ID's at the front door went something like this :

"Hey, that your Evo?"
Me: Yeah

"I have one too...a red 2004. MY nephew went to Canada to pick up a LHD Evo 9, paid 53 grand for it."

Me (Wincing): Yeah? Good luck. You do anything to yours yet?

"Yeah....Im running 10.60's with it, totally rebuilt.

Me: What kinda turbo you running

(Douche Shakes Head) : Im not.....all nitrous bro, all nitrous.

Me: Wow. Well...uh...good luck...Im gonna go sit down and check out some poon-tang.

"Later bro"

SO....point is....while he obviously had no idea what he was talking about....I went back up there with half a shizer on and he asked me what was up with my car.

"Buschur 2.3 Stroker, ported head, 280 cams, gears, ferrea valves and springs, Full race gt3567 turbo, APS 3.5" exhaust with rnr dump valve, DMS coilovers, 4" intake pipe, AEM EMS standalone, tilton carbon clutch with built tranny and t-case by John Shep..etc etc etc

He looked at me funny and was like "Wow....lotta work. WHat do you run?" I said, I dont know I dont race it in the 1/4 and walked away.

Now, the difference is that I have basically none of that list......at all. but I KNOW what Im talking about and know if I wanted to I can snow someone if I needed to....there is the fundamental difference between a liar and a BS artist. Im an ARTIST.
Old May 14, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhh
Bull ****!!!!!!!!
Old May 14, 2006, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by feldguy
Heres one for you....

I went to the local nudie bar....and for the most part, I try to remain inconspicuous with my car...

I pulled in, past the clear front door and went inside. The conversation with the guy taking ID's at the front door went something like this :

"Hey, that your Evo?"
Me: Yeah

"I have one too...a red 2004. MY nephew went to Canada to pick up a LHD Evo 9, paid 53 grand for it."

Me (Wincing): Yeah? Good luck. You do anything to yours yet?

"Yeah....Im running 10.60's with it, totally rebuilt.

Me: What kinda turbo you running

(Douche Shakes Head) : Im not.....all nitrous bro, all nitrous.

Me: Wow. Well...uh...good luck...Im gonna go sit down and check out some poon-tang.

"Later bro"

SO....point is....while he obviously had no idea what he was talking about....I went back up there with half a shizer on and he asked me what was up with my car.

"Buschur 2.3 Stroker, ported head, 280 cams, gears, ferrea valves and springs, Full race gt3567 turbo, APS 3.5" exhaust with rnr dump valve, DMS coilovers, 4" intake pipe, AEM EMS standalone, tilton carbon clutch with built tranny and t-case by John Shep..etc etc etc

He looked at me funny and was like "Wow....lotta work. WHat do you run?" I said, I dont know I dont race it in the 1/4 and walked away.

Now, the difference is that I have basically none of that list......at all. but I KNOW what Im talking about and know if I wanted to I can snow someone if I needed to....there is the fundamental difference between a liar and a BS artist. Im an ARTIST.
maybe he ran 10.60 on the 1/8 with is all nitrous lancer ES
Old May 14, 2006, 01:52 PM

"I have one too...a red 2004. MY nephew went to Canada to pick up a LHD Evo 9, paid 53 grand for it."ARTIST.

I'm not 100% percent sure but I don't think evo's exist in canada. if they do, it just started recently b/c I know back then they didn't pass emission laws or something. But in anycase. good job.
Old May 14, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Im an ARTIST.
You are very good in your work sir.

Quick Reply: Stg 4++ Evo vs. 96 RB20DET w/ Greddy T67