Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

GVR4's?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2006, 04:10 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOMIZ
anyone know how heavy are they?
they are around 3400lbs.
give or take.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

I have a 91 GVR4 #1601/2000. I also have a hard time with coming to a decision to sell it or not. It has some mods and its pretty quick, rides very sweet. I owned 3 1G DSM AWD's before my Evo, and the Galant is put together sooo much better then those cars. It just doesnt have that cheap feeling that a DSM has, those of you that have had both know exactly what I mean. The only reason Im thinking of selling it is cause it has a slight rod knock in cyl #1 and I just havent found the time to pull the motor out, the car has been sitting for a while, it still runs and drives fine but Im worried to continue driving it daily cause it has a brand new head and dont want the motor to come apart unexpectedly and ruin it. If anyone is interested in buying a decent little project with alot of potential PM me for more details. I wish I could find the time to actually fix it cause its a perfect daily driver/winter car, very comfortable and alot better optioned out then an Evo as far as comfort options. The GVR4's had a ton of funny little features, like the button on the guage cluster that changes the lighting from green to amber, the 2 trip meters, the Left and Right balance slider on the hvac controls. It also has CRUISE CONTROL, cushy leather seats with alot of differnt adjustments, 4 wheel steering (not mine anymore), 4 wheel power disc brakes with ABS, and of course 4wd and turbo. This car was pretty ahead of its time in 1991, most people consider it to be the Evo 0.

Last edited by XxBLACKMAMBAxX; Aug 9, 2006 at 04:31 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:50 PM

the reason why GVR4's feel so much better put together than the talon/eclipse twins is probably because they were built 100% in japan then imported here. they weren't built in Normal, IL like the DSM's. so they typically didnt have the crankwalk issues.