Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2007 Hybusa Or 2007 Ninja Zx14

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BillAce
They are both really made for straight line performance. Kawasaki makes the most reliable motors and that is why they merged engineering with Suzuki a few years ago. I do't think most people will every notice a difference in performance between the two. If you have to get one, go to the dealership and sit on them and buy the one that is the most comfortable. That is probbly the biggest difference between equal sized bikes, how they fit YOU.
STRAIGHT LINE PERFORMANCE, are you kidding,have you ever rode a bike like these? these things handle like a race bike, infact you can buy one off the floor and race it on any type of road course with superbike results
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

I'm gonna have to agree with BillAce on this one, never having ridden anything larger than a 750, I would have to say based on second hand experience that the 'Busa handles like a boat compared to it's smaller cousins (and im gonna stretch this to most likely include the zx-14). Even most of the guys that I rode with said the 1000cc bikes were getting a little chunky.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

How Much Riding Experience Do You Have ???
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Danny23
STRAIGHT LINE PERFORMANCE, are you kidding,have you ever rode a bike like these? these things handle like a race bike, infact you can buy one off the floor and race it on any type of road course with superbike results

i hope you're kidding...neither the Busa or the Zed are made for the track...they are both too heavy...

the handling difference between my zx10 and my old 12 is night and day...

to the poster, if this is a first bike you better think again...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny23
not kidding at all. I've passed many Busa's on the sraightaways on a 92 F2 and that lttle 600 id no lightweight machine itself. They don't handle as well because of the serious weight. long wheelbase and aren't as good on a roadcourse because they don't stop as well or turn in quick. Any rider would be faster on any modern 600 then on a Busa or ZX12/14.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasonc32amg
i hope you're kidding...neither the Busa or the Zed are made for the track...they are both too heavy...

the handling difference between my zx10 and my old 12 is night and day...

to the poster, if this is a first bike you better think again...
Jason, its not just weight. Ikes are getting lighter at the expense of stability. I have an 02 AMA superbike and it is a handful! wheelies and tire spinning aren't that cool at 150
Old Jul 31, 2006, 07:07 PM

just got an 03 busa, i love it nice bike.it looks better than the zx 14 i think.big and heavy but handles good.get a busa.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

not kidding at all. I've passed many Busa's on the sraightaways on a 92 F2 and that lttle 600 id no lightweight machine itself. They don't handle as well because of the serious weight. long wheelbase and aren't as good on a roadcourse because they don't stop as well or turn in quick. Any rider would be faster on any modern 600 then on a Busa or ZX12/14.

are you kidding? honestly if you think you can pull a busa or a zx-12/14 in a straight line on a 600 youre out of your mind. A brand new R1 cant keep up with a busa or a zx14 in a straight line

i work at a yamaha shop and my buddy has an 06 R1. hes got forged aluminum wheels (2,000$ a piece) Leo Vince Corca full titanium exhaust and he hit 198mph and he said it had a little more to go but at 198 his buddy walked by him on an 04 Busa that had exhaust on it. Busa will do 213mph bone stock not sure about the zx14 but i know that the Busa is a tank. if youre going to track the bike buy an R1LE track timer, ohlins suspension marchecini wheels all from the factory, but good luck finding one
Old Jul 31, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Jason, its not just weight. Ikes are getting lighter at the expense of stability. I have an 02 AMA superbike and it is a handful! wheelies and tire spinning aren't that cool at 150
True, my zx10 is not as "tank" solid as my 12 was bit it handles and stops a heck of a lot better...and it's faster, at least until @ 180
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Offender
Not to highjack the thread or anything but I have a question. Never driven a bike, owned one etc. You're supposed to have a license to drive a bike, but you need to drive one to practice and take your test.. how exactly does that work? Do you get a learners permit based off a written test first like with a car? I thought about getting a slow bike (~500cc) just to see what it's like but I wasn't sure about the whole process.
Yes - you get a learners permit by passing a written test.

IMO - the best way to get your license is to take a 15 hour Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) approved course. These are 3 day courses (5 hours each day) designed to teach new riders safety and riding skills. The first day is in the classroom and the next 2 days are on a bike. At the end of day 3, you take the actual DMV on-road test to receive your license. Assuming you pass the test, you take the certificate of completion to the DMV and you have your license.

I had never ridden before taking the MSF course. After passing the MSF course, I was comfortable enough to ride on the streets - but tried to only ride in minimal traffic (ie. 5:30 am) for the first 100 miles. After about 100 street miles, I was comfortable riding anywhere.

I totally agree with getting a "slow" bike as a first bike. A Ninja 500cc would be a great bike to start with. I bought a Ninja 650R as my first bike as soon as I took the MSF course. The 650cc Ninja seems perfect for me. Not too fast, not too slow.

Riding is fun, just be careful and know your skills/limits. Wear proper gear and stay away from Minivans.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Dude it is fact. Its easy to pass a Busa on anything when you're going 20mph faster off a corner and take the race line. I've passed plenty of R1's that way too. Corner speed is what makes a fast lap not HP or top speed.

As for your freind, the only way he saw an R1 do 198 was if his helmet is too small and made him dizzy. Do him a favor and get him a proper helmet from your shop. I have a much lighter and faster bike with new wind tunnel designed bodywork, 178hp, full Ohlins superbike suspension, full floating 320mm rotors and Marchesini's. By 180 the bike has rpm left but the wind resistance makes it hard to go faster. Not to mention that your average bike speedo is about 10% off before sprocket changes.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

the zx-14 is known as the busa killer. however, i would not recommend any of these bikes to the neophyte rider. bill has a point that it is not so much about the displacement as it is the flexible handling on a bike. the 14 and 1300r are drag specific bikes. personally i would get the ducati 998r.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasonc32amg
True, my zx10 is not as "tank" solid as my 12 was bit it handles and stops a heck of a lot better...and it's faster, at least until @ 180
Yeah, and until that loooong 1st gear! My freind has a race prepped ZX10 and side by side I can't walk him like most other bikes. They make some serious straight line power and I'm about 45lbs heavier.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, and until that loooong 1st gear! My freind has a race prepped ZX10 and side by side I can't walk him like most other bikes. They make some serious straight line power and I'm about 45lbs heavier.
It is silly riding a bike on the street that does @105 in first gear
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 12mnkys
+1...

I would get the busa...IMHO suzuki's make better bikes than Kawasaki. I have owned 8 different bikes; 5 gsxrs(1-600,2-750's,-1-1000,1-busa), 1 yamaha(R1), 1 buell(1550cc), and one kawasaki(ninja 750).

I had nothing but problems with any kaw i have owned, street or dirt. I am not saying that kaw makes a bad bike because i am sure they have come a long way, but in my opinion you cant go wrong with a busa. However if you haven't had a bike before the BUSA is a real fast way to get yourself killed. Once you start getting over 750cc's on a bike everything changes. Whatever you decide to do, just be careful.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM, before I went to the evo, building and racing bikes was my passion.

later
lol ive had more problems with suzuki's then with my kawasaki's . also kawys bikes in recent years have been very amazing.

Quick Reply: 2007 Hybusa Or 2007 Ninja Zx14