Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2007 Hybusa Or 2007 Ninja Zx14

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A saw the results of test that Triumph did on all the Japanese 600's. They ran the motors at full load until failure to test reliability. The Kawi was teh best with over 30 hours before failure. The Honda was next at around 22 hours. Suzuki lasted 13 hours and the Yamaha was only good for 30 minutes. a second R6 motor was tested with the same results. Yamaha should stick to pianos and I think Rossi would agree with that right now!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've passed many busas, Gsxr1000s etc on my R1. All depends on rider experience as well. Alot of squids want the biggest, baddest sportbike out there and can't even handle a 500cc bike.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

I bought a new GSXR600 a few months ago just for early Sunday morning rides through the twisties. It has about 400 miles on it. My other 2 bikes are race only. I hit the road in my 1 piece and usually come up on a few other bikes. I don't like to ride in groups I don't know so I will pass as soon as I can and ride at my pace. Everytime I stop I hear, There's no way thats a 600, I think your ready for a bigger bike, Imagine how quick you would be on a 1000,

and my personal favorite one "why did you waste your money on a 600 - you'll outgrow it in a few months." I'm 38 now and don't expect to grow any more. I know the only thing stopping my 600 from going faster is me. I lap the local track only 2 seconds faster on a 358lb rocketship than I do on a 15 year old tank with less than half the HP because I am the limiting factor. I have to work 3 times harder for those 2 seconds and one tiny mistake and I'm on my ***..head...***...head (you get the picture). Too many people get bikes based on what everyone else thinks they should be riding and wind up on a machine that they will never develop their skill on. When you can pick the bike up, grab a handful of throttle and go fast you are only using a 1/10th of the bikes capabilities.

I rode the crap out of a bike and scared myself for 2 years and then bought a really stupid bike. Now that scares the **** out of me every time I'm on it! I still have the track **** F2 though and take her out for some fun once in a while. Its great when you can grab all the throttle wherever you want without worries.

Wheelies are gay, get a knee down!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rez90
all i know is a guy on this forum claimed a 9.5 at over 150 with the ZX-14...........which is rediculous.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CVvcswpjSNk&search=zx14
Old Aug 1, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Thats Awesome. I Have About 5 Years Riding Experience. 4 Of Which Iv Been On My Yamaha. Decent And Reliable Bike. But I Want Something More Powerful. Ducati Is Nice. But My Pockets Arent That Deep.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BillAce
Wheelies are gay, get a knee down!
I think it is the other way around, getting on your knees is gay, getting a wheelie (if that's what they call it nowadays?)feels pretty good.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dabaysevo
I think it is the other way around, getting on your knees is gay, getting a wheelie (if that's what they call it nowadays?)feels pretty good.

Old Aug 1, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

I've ridden an '04 busa, '02 blackbird, and a '06 zx-14. Very little difference in them, but they are not made for the track.

BTW, Bill is right corner exit speed is what it's all about!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dabaysevo
And I bet you bought an Evo to drag race
Old Aug 1, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Touché.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

ive got about 8k miles on a 05 zx636 and ive loved every min. never had a problem with it and it has pulled me out of stuff it shouldnt have. all in all i would say 600-750's are like evo's light and nimble handling very responsive and more then enough bike for twistys and straight line. but if you just like going as fast as possible on the freeway and looking for ways to end up in a bag why not go get that 1300+cc machine. to each his own i guess i bought the 636 for the same reason i bought my evo it performed well in the twists and as well on the straights.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

that zx14 vid is nasty. 9.1 at 153 with under 1K in mods, and basicly only a pipe for the engine, which is like a catback for an evo. little to no power on bike from just a slipon. i have a yami r6 2005 and i love it. its the difference between a rustang at a drag strip and an evo at the autoX. you have to work for your times on a smaller bike. keep those revs high and fire out of those turns. plus on my r6 its almost like a turbo spool once that engine hits about 8K rpms. not too much power/torque down low but the higher the revs, the higher the power. fun times.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ES77
Im Keeping My Lancer. However I Am About To Do The "buddy Purchase" (2 Bikes, 2 Helmets, 2 Jackets, 2 Sets Of Gloves For One Price). Im Deciding Between The Suzuki Hybusa 1299cc And The Kawasaki Ninja Zx-14 1352cc.

I Like The Body On The Ninja Better. But Iv Heard Better Things About The Hybusa. Any Ideas Guys?
How much experience do you have in riding sport bikes and also have you had experience with the ultra-high HP to weight ratio of the litre bikes?
Old Aug 6, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive changed my mind. Afetr watching the show on speed (Superbikes) I would go with the ZX14 for sure. I actually like that bikes styling better then the busas as well.

thanks for clearing that up about busas being turbo charged. I saw a video of one TC and heard something at a show... I assumed. haha
Old Aug 8, 2006, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

It all depends on what type of riding your looking to do. If your only looking for straight line speed or crazy highway runs and you can handle the bigger bikes, then go with the busa or zx14. There isn't a 600 in the world that can keep up with those bikes on the open roads and an able rider. I had an 03 R6 and loved it but I also loved hitting the twisties every other Sunday or so which made it the perfect bike for me. To be honest though you would probably be just as happy with the newer 1000's to because they are about 10-15 lbs. heavier than most 600's but they have crazy top end so you get the best of both worlds....sorta. Either way just be careful because they can all kill you just the same.

Quick Reply: 2007 Hybusa Or 2007 Ninja Zx14