Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Autoweek's STi review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2003, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Autoweek's STi review

More fun reading!

Here is the link
Old Apr 29, 2003, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it true that Subaru is bringing only 3600 STi's to the U.S. this year? If so, shouldn't we expect the price gouging to exceed even that of the Evolution, and continue longer?
Old May 6, 2003, 03:34 AM

If you get the issue(last week's) they also have an Evo article right next to it. I wouldn't be surprised if they upped it. They were only bringing in 12k '02 WRXs at first. Then it was 15k, then 18k.
Old May 6, 2003, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Rattler
If you get the issue(last week's) they also have an Evo article right next to it. I wouldn't be surprised if they upped it. They were only bringing in 12k '02 WRXs at first. Then it was 15k, then 18k.
I would be EXTREMELY surprised if they increased the numbers. With 4,600 Evo's and 3,600 STi's they will have more than achieved market saturation for this kind of vehicle. Indeed, there are already signs that the Evo has saturated this market (given the current economy) and the Sti isn't even here yet.

This is also why I don't think you'll see a lot of markups for the STi.