Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Who knows about Toyota Supra's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...and he never argued the fact that a 1000whp supra wont run 12s...hahahah..yeah? and u drive a impreza. Really, is it a neon? i believe the engine is a 2.4L-T, not a n/a 2.0 so umm yea...get it right retard. I dont need to explain my personal life to you, but just to put out a note, the srt's my "beater" for about a year n a half til i get the srt10 viper which will pretty much make ur camaro and sti look like ratsh*t. Neat huh? OWNED by every1 here, even personal supra owners...can u argue that
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

why argue people?

but for a supra at $17,500...and only 37K miles...WOW...take that baby home. My dream would be to haev that car, but the chances of finding them with low miles and cheap...once in a blue moon, take it please
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

i feel dumber after reading this thread.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
Dude, if I'm going to get my "info straight," I'll go elsewhere, thanks.

7.90s? You MUST BE joking. LT1 and LS1 F-Bodies have been running faster than 7.90s for YEARS. Buick Grand Nationals with their 3.8L turbo motors have been hitting low 7s/high 6s for YEARS. Mustangs with their modular motors have been tapping into low 7s and 6s. Yeah, all that power and Supras can't run faster than 7.90s. That goes to show what a great platform the Supra is with its IRS setup, doesn't it? Everybody knows that an IRS is NOT the idea setup for drag racing.

Isn't the fastest import a Solara that's running 6s? Dude, that's still 2 seconds SLOWER than the fastest domestics in the 1/4 mile. Yeah, that puts it into perspective when you're running 6s and still TWO SECONDS SLOWER down a 1/4 mile than another car. It just goes to show how insignificant import drag cars are. There's your reason as to why they don't even compete in the same classes.

Supras eat sh*t in the 1/4 mile. I'll stick with what I KNOW over what some Supra fanboy is going to try to tell me. Supras are awesome on the highway and suck in the 1/4 mile. Don't even get me started on the 3000 GT VR4s with their "fastest" running in the low 10s. I know of daily driven domestics running quicker than the "fastest 3000 GT."

So thanks for the offer, but I'll stick with what I already KNOW.
That was not what I was trying to point out...You said why do you think there are not many running below 10 sec. I simply showed you that they are a bunch running below 10 sec...Learn to read... Also im pointing out street legal cars...Your getting into top fuel dragsters and weather or not imports are faster than domestics...That was not the point of what I was posting...Again I simply wanted to state that there are a bunch of supras under 10 seconds and that they are very capable cars...Hey they may not be the best in the 1/4 mile but a 7.9 at 180 mph on a 3400lb car is very respectable imo....
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
...and he never argued the fact that a 1000whp supra wont run 12s...hahahah..yeah? and u drive a impreza. Really, is it a neon? i believe the engine is a 2.4L-T, not a n/a 2.0 so umm yea...get it right retard. I dont need to explain my personal life to you, but just to put out a note, the srt's my "beater" for about a year n a half til i get the srt10 viper which will pretty much make ur camaro and sti look like ratsh*t. Neat huh? OWNED by every1 here, even personal supra owners...can u argue that
Yeah, sure you're getting a Viper. Nice collection of garbage you've had over the years.

You don't need to explain your life to me. I really don't want to hear about it. You drive a Neon. 'Nuff said.

And just in typical SRT owner fashion, "YOU'VE BEEN OWNED! YOU'VE BEEN OWNED!" That's just as good as, "ON YOUR MARK, GET SET, GO! I WIN!"
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SeanJhn9
dude, your a ****in joke lol...

if you think that supras can only handle 700-800, do us all, and yourself, a favor and GTFO...there have been plenty of supras to put down well over 900whp on stock block, as a matter of fact, i think the record is something like 104xwhp or something like that...

nobody said ls1's were gay, they are good engines, i'm a noob when it comes to v8's but i have learned that ls1's are damn good engines...

also, please do show us all of these magical GN's that have gone low 7's high 6's ...oh wait, there aren't any ...the quickest GN on a 3.8l still, is a guy named Len from vegas, who ran a 7.5 at 18xmph at turbo thunder about a month back, ****er cut a 1.0x 60 ft. ....far far from a low 7 high 6..not even chris chow, who has a TT V8 GN is in the low 7's....most Stg 2 GN's run anywhere from mid 8's to high 9's, which isnt bad at all, but far from your low 7's high 6's lol...your a JOKE!!!!

also, if you think 1000whp supras run 12's, your stupid lol....i've seen a mid 700whp go 9.80's at 140mph, my buddy's w/ 890-920whp went 9.35 @ 151, oh but wait, 1000whp supras only go 12's ... unless you can prove me wrong, i'll say it again, and keep on saying it, your a F***** JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, jackhole. You may wanna check your sources again. Haven't you ever heard of increasing the displacement of a motor? GNs have hit into the 7s and high 6s. Come back when you're talking out your mouth instead of your ***.

Funny, another "My buddy did this, my buddy did that" post. What did you do?

You're a freakin' idiot. Everyone knows Supras don't launch for sh*t with their rear IRS setups. Come back when you know what you're talking about. Haven't any of you jackasses heard the joke about all Supras running the same? Apparently not, idiot.

We're done here. Case dismissed.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
Hey, jackhole. You may wanna check your sources again. Haven't you ever heard of increasing the displacement of a motor? GNs have hit into the 7s and high 6s. Come back when you're talking out your mouth instead of your ***.

Funny, another "My buddy did this, my buddy did that" post. What did you do?

You're a freakin' idiot. Everyone knows Supras don't launch for sh*t with their rear IRS setups. Come back when you know what you're talking about. Haven't any of you jackasses heard the joke about all Supras running the same? Apparently not, idiot.

We're done here. Case dismissed.
Supra can launch very good!!The 60' record is 1.2!!No tube or backhalved!!What is the last time you see a 3.4l engine runnig 6.44@220MPH??When is the last time you see a stock body,3.4L engine car run 7.8@181MPH??
Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:57 AM

i only know that it is a monster
Old Aug 30, 2006, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

If u wanna avoid reading the entire thread: Sinister subaru=supra hater that says 1000whp supra will run 12s. Now case closed
Old Aug 31, 2006, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

If u wanna avoid reading the entire thread: Sinister subaru=supra hater that says 1000whp supra will run 12s. Now case closed
+1
Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

another import vs domestic dispute.
why not compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.
3.0L to what 7.0 liters
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bom's Evo
another import vs domestic dispute.
why not compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.
3.0L to what 7.0 liters
because apples and oranges are both fruits.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

because apples and oranges are both fruits.
Lol
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
100% Stock the Automatics were faster then the 6 speeds, still take it.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

So, Did you buy the supra?

Quick Reply: Who knows about Toyota Supra's