Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Subaru guys witn more 10 second cars than Evos...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subaru guys witn more 10 second cars than Evos...

I've been seeing postings on other forums about how the Subaru guys had more 10 second cars than the Evos last yeat at Atco (and now too), and I fugured I'd post on here to hear about people's first-hand experience from last year at Atco.

I'm not asking about who won the races, but did the Subaru crowd really step with more 10 second or better cars last yeat at Atco? Seem contrary to the reports that come up in searches.

Please chime in (with first-hand experience only please).
Old Aug 31, 2006, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

10 seconds around a track??? WOW!!!!

jk
Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

For every Subaru that is running in the high 10s, there are two Evos running in the mid 10s.

There may be more Subarus running in the 10s than Evos, but most of those Evos that are running 10s are running "faster 10s" than those 10 second Subarus.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roberto
I've been seeing postings on other forums about how the Subaru guys had more 10 second cars than the Evos last yeat at Atco (and now too), and I fugured I'd post on here to hear about people's first-hand experience from last year at Atco.

I'm not asking about who won the races, but did the Subaru crowd really step with more 10 second or better cars last yeat at Atco? Seem contrary to the reports that come up in searches.

Please chime in (with first-hand experience only please).
I don't know, many Subaru owners sure are in LALA land. All I know is that at last years EVO vs. WRX/STi event Big Valley Racing did place 1st, but EVOs placed 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and you got it, 11th. So where were all the 10 Second Subaru's then. I'm sorry but I do admit I have an intense hatred of Subarus, partly because they talk a lot of sh*t and have not backed any of it up. They see some glimmer of hope and exaggerate it, to unimaginable limits. I mean props to Big Valley for the win, but come on how you can see a glimmer of hope from being swept in every other thing, just confounds me.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

There are more WRXs than Evos. So probability states that there are more WRXs in the 10s. Wait till the new turbo lancer is out, and we'll start closing the gap.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
I don't know, many Subaru owners sure are in LALA land. All I know is that at last years EVO vs. WRX/STi event Big Valley Racing did place 1st, but EVOs placed 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and you got it, 11th. So where were all the 10 Second Subaru's then. I'm sorry but I do admit I have an intense hatred of Subarus, partly because they talk a lot of sh*t and have not backed any of it up. They see some glimmer of hope and exaggerate it, to unimaginable limits. I mean props to Big Valley for the win, but come on how you can see a glimmer of hope from being swept in every other thing, just confounds me.
Don't you think that's a pretty ignorant/immature mentality? You hate a particular make of car because some of the owners are idiots? That's a pretty skewed thought process.

FWIW, I could choose to have that same mentality about Evo drivers because on this site I constantly see comments like, "Congratulations on the upgrade," "Good job, the STi is garbage," and "The Evo's a man's car, the STi's a boy's car" comments, but I don't put much stock in those peoples' comments for the same reason that you don't- because the ones talking it aren't going to back it up. Most of these people making ignorant comments about one car or the other haven't even been behind the wheel and simply base their "knowledge" on what some idiot said on an auto show or wrote in a magazine.

There's always somebody faster, regardless if it's a Subaru or a Mitsubishi. Accept the fact that these cars are going to be slugging it out for a long time to come and there are going to be wins and losses on both sides. To quote where I read elsewhere, "Michael Jordan didn't make every 3 pointer that he shot."
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
Don't you think that's a pretty ignorant/immature mentality? You hate a particular make of car because some of the owners are idiots? That's a pretty skewed thought process.

FWIW, I could choose to have that same mentality about Evo drivers because on this site I constantly see comments like, "Congratulations on the upgrade," "Good job, the STi is garbage," and "The Evo's a man's car, the STi's a boy's car" comments, but I don't put much stock in those peoples' comments for the same reason that you don't- because the ones talking it aren't going to back it up. Most of these people making ignorant comments about one car or the other haven't even been behind the wheel and simply base their "knowledge" on what some idiot said on an auto show or wrote in a magazine.

There's always somebody faster, regardless if it's a Subaru or a Mitsubishi. Accept the fact that these cars are going to be slugging it out for a long time to come and there are going to be wins and losses on both sides. To quote where I read elsewhere, "Michael Jordan didn't make every 3 pointer that he shot."
Good post, I apologize.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the subaru guys have more 10 sec car's then then evo's because the evo's are in the 9 sec times and a few are in the 8's.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

How many Subarus are in the 10s now? I haven't been around NASIOC in a while but last time I checked I only found 2 or 3?
Old Sep 4, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just from my experience here in Maine. (They may or not be fast drag cars). Theres a whole club of STI's. Must be about 10-15 sponsored by F1 dyno. I see STI's everywhere. I drove to a mall today about an hour away from me and I counted 8 STI's and numerous WRX's. Ive only seen 3 evo's here in maine since ive moved here two years ago.

I guess my point is there is more STI/WRX's out there and at least in my area they get support.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Good post, I apologize.
No problem, Bro.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
Just from my experience here in Maine. (They may or not be fast drag cars). Theres a whole club of STI's. Must be about 10-15 sponsored by F1 dyno. I see STI's everywhere. I drove to a mall today about an hour away from me and I counted 8 STI's and numerous WRX's. Ive only seen 3 evo's here in maine since ive moved here two years ago.

I guess my point is there is more STI/WRX's out there and at least in my area they get support.
I never see many of either here in my area. I guess there may be a few more STis than Evos, but for the most part, the only STi I see on a daily basis is my own. I might see 3 or 4 STis per week at the most, while I might see only 1 Evo. I'm sure they're all the same cars I'm seeing.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There a good ammount of each around here...they just dont hang out on that lame strip of road we have dubbed "the golden mile"

-Adam
Old Sep 4, 2006, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AdamJ39
There a good ammount of each around here...they just dont hang out on that lame strip of road we have dubbed "the golden mile"

-Adam
I wouldn't know. I don't hang out with the teenie boppers on the Golden Mile.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well in my area there are no fast Subaru's. Evo's are outnumbered 50-1 by the WRX/STI crowd.

There are 2 of us Evo's in the 11's, and 2 in the 12's. So far Ive only seen 2 STI's even break into the 12's, most are running high 13's and 14's. Have yet to have a WRX here break into the 13's.

Quick Reply: Subaru guys witn more 10 second cars than Evos...