Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Some pics of my friends Denali....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evotec
Is that his daily driver?

yes. He has a hour or so commute to work everyday so he wanted something comfortable. Its like sitting on you couch at home
Old Sep 5, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

denali for an hour each way commute??? that makes sense i guess, its got to get what about 7-8mpg????
Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:06 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
I hear dinosaurs crying.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:07 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
And it really does need to be lowered a couple inches.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoughedgesMR
i wasnt trying to start a agrument about this. One of my best friends has a 500+hp 95' z28. Another friend a highly modded e46 m3. I have friends with cars of all kinds and mindsets to match. I went from a highly modded 01' audi s4 to the evo. Everyone of my friends with euros talked smack that i was getting a "POS ricer car". Well when they went for a ride they changed their minds. I am saying is that every genre of cars gets busted on by another. If you dont like it, just say its not my cup of tea if you must post anything. Everybody has their own tastes as you do so why would you make redneck limo, puff daddy, and wanna be rapper comments?
Ok, who else do you see trolling around in some stupid looking SUV with big chrome wheels on it, other than some hip-hop superfag on MTV? I can't stand these people. They just think they're soooooooo "fly!" You know, they think they own the road, drive 2 mph in a 65 mph zone just so they can "perp," blah blah blah. They just annoy me. Not to mention, these jackasses don't realize that by putting those big, heavy gay wheels on them only damages their bearings and some of their suspension components because they're not made for those stupid things. It's just so lame to be a trendy "follower."

But, you're admittedly right. I could've just been a bit more respectful of my comment, and it would only be right to apologize to you. So, consider this an apology.

Yeah, I have two cars from opposite sides of the spectrum. From one group of'em I hear about how Camaros are "mullet cars," and from the other I hear about how my STi is a "ricer" with "no power or torque."
Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

I hate the monster SUV with big rims craze. They just look like a huge box with dubs. but if he likes it, that's cool.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
I hear dinosaurs crying.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

I think the truck looks nice, but I'm personally sick of SUV's populating our roads. I just wish americans would start catching up with the rest of the world and realize that motorcycles, mopeds, and small cars weren't goofy but practical. If we could buy a smart car here, it would be my daily driver no question.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by John4321
I think the truck looks nice, but I'm personally sick of SUV's populating our roads. I just wish americans would start catching up with the rest of the world and realize that motorcycles, mopeds, and small cars weren't goofy but practical. If we could buy a smart car here, it would be my daily driver no question.
I'm just sick of this whole "Escalade is pimp" trend. I wonder how many of these jackasses realize that an Escalade is nothing more than a gussied up (and not all that nicely gussied up) Yukon......
Old Sep 7, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
I'm just sick of this whole "Escalade is pimp" trend. I wonder how many of these jackasses realize that an Escalade is nothing more than a gussied up (and not all that nicely gussied up) Yukon......
+1. My friends parents had a new one every year (dad made ALOT of money) and every year it seemed to get worse and worse...
Old Sep 7, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tripperfx3
+1. My friends parents had a new one every year (dad made ALOT of money) and every year it seemed to get worse and worse...
I've always laughed at'em.