Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Supra VS C5 Z06..Choose

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Joshbu,

Exactly, that is one of my main point. What makes a Supra TT worth that much?, the reality is that they aren't worth that much, only silly people that blindy support a overpriced used obsolete car makes the Supra go overprice on the market.

Have you driven a 3000 GT VR4? they are bad a s s cars, they come fully equipped and cost half of a Supra. Why would you want a used car that cost that much?

Stock Supras run high to low 14s, it takes a lot of money to make them fast. A stock Z06 run low 13's to mid 12's out from the box.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Sep 27, 2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Joshbu,

Exactly, that is one of my main point. What makes a Supra TT worth that much?, the reality is that they aren't worth that much, only silly people that blindy support a overpriced used obsolete car makes the Supra go overprice on the market.

Have you driven a 3000 GT VR4? they are bad a s s cars, they come fully equipped and cost half of a Supra. Why would you want a used car that cost that much?

Stock Supras run high to low 14s, it takes a lot of money to make them fast. A stock Z06 run low 13's to mid 12's out from the box.

Carlos
Not to diss the 3000GT, but they are maintence nightmares as well from what ive heard. Ive heard they are fast, but the reliablity doesnt justify it. If this is untrue, but then please correct me, but thats what ive read and seen personally from people in my area.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 03:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Joshbu,

Carlos
If you want to talk about silly people that blindly support a car then look no further than your local Corvette owners association. I truly say this out of experience not trying to be rude at all here. Also if we're talking about a big hp car here then please take in mind that when dealing with the stock LS-1 bottom end in the C5, you'll be looking at when it's going to come apart, not if, once you hit 520hp. I'm sure you can all find examples of many C5's hitting 550hp on stock block with little more than a procharger kit but those cars won't be rolling long like that. We even had a stock '04 that we installed a procharger kit on that required two hours of detuning on the dyno just to keep it below the 520hp mark because we couldn't send a ticking bomb out to the customer.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Joshbu,

Carlos
Are you kidding me?! A 3000GT? what a POS over a Supra!! Yes, the Supras are overpriced, but once you get them, it doesnt take much to get power! Stock block supports up to 900hp, if you did not know.....the VR4 has AWD, ok cool, get an Evo then. I have heard too many horror stories about that crappy *** 3kGT. You will spend the same amount of money on both the Vette and Supra, but the Supra will always dominate out there (at least IMO). like Mitsuorder said, you can get up to 520 on the Vette, and then you need to go internal which will cost more. With the Supra, all you need is an AEM EMS, big turbo, injectors, intercooler, fuel pump, and basically you are good to go.....(a few things missing, but i got the main stuff)
Old Sep 28, 2006, 03:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supra FTW!!A BPU++++ run 10.6@124MPH!!Supra is look better than C5Z in my opinion,C5Z is not ugly,just difrent people drink diffrent tea you know....
Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like both cars but I've never seen a stock supra run 14s. They run low 13s at around 109mph. BPUs on a Supra cost less than $1000 and are the ultimate in top end highway runs. Honestly, if you have a big turbo'd Supra, who cares how fast it will go in a 1/4 mile. Just check out streetfire.net for some BPU Supras wasting full bolt-on Zo6s.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

supra hands down..
much better looking car..! and if it's for drag racing....then hells yeah!

even to the rest of the world.
only in america I would hear people actually say they would take a corvette over the supra. The rest of the world disagrees....lol
Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

I say you keep the EVO and stop waisting money. Who says you buy one of these cars and four months later don't click? Seriously what a stupid comment, oh me and the car just didn't click, maybe you should have put the time and research into something before you spent well over $20,000.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
I say you keep the EVO and stop waisting money. Who says you buy one of these cars and four months later don't click? Seriously what a stupid comment, oh me and the car just didn't click, maybe you should have put the time and research into something before you spent well over $20,000.
Settle down fanboi...I'm sure people have bought a car and realized that it just doesnt fit there personality or driving style before.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:33 AM

I agree with not clicking with a car. I did my research and drove many cars but I was just not ready for the characteristics of all wheel drive. Not saying the car isnt fun, I just find that RWD coupe is just a lot more fun to drive. I'm not out to be the fastest, just out to enjoy the car I drive and I think everyone should be. But im sticking with the EVO... to much invested.. I'll find a way to make her fun lol
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Vette Z06. i was in the same predicament as yourself. After thinking about it-the C5z

The car is truly a beast in stock form and stock vs stock..the vette will win. Supras are nice cars and the reputation they have is what marks their price up so damn high, but i cant justify spending like 40-50k on a car thats 10yrs old and has 320bhp..and the price to mod that car is hell.

The aerodynamics of a vette is better than supra, it is more of a "mature" car. In my opinon, the C5z looks better than the c6 and supra, though the supra's *** is really nice.

And for the money, the C5z is cheaper to mod and cheaper to insure than a supra.

Besides, any "fast" supra is terrible to drive on the street. Lots of them have chattering clutches and major turbo lag. A TT C5z will be a lot more streetable than a supra with 600+whp on pump
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shinobi
I agree with not clicking with a car. I did my research and drove many cars but I was just not ready for the characteristics of all wheel drive. Not saying the car isnt fun, I just find that RWD coupe is just a lot more fun to drive. I'm not out to be the fastest, just out to enjoy the car I drive and I think everyone should be. But im sticking with the EVO... to much invested.. I'll find a way to make her fun lol
put a rear sway bar on...i've heard that makes the Evo oversteer more and maybe it'll feel more like a rwd not sure how to help the torque steer/insane awd traction though
Old Sep 28, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

single turbo supra= monster
Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't even have to think twice, supra. Stay japanese, and you can't beat a toyota. Even 10 years later, this car holds resale value!
Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

if you want a fast car that is great on the street, cheap to mod, looks great, and has amazing potential, then you don't want a supra. Besides being 800lbs heavier, any single turbo kit is going to drastically increase turbo lag. It doesn't seem bad on an evo because the evo is 600lbs lighter and geared shorter, but you'll notice much more on a supra.

The vette is way more reliable than people on the board are giving it credit for. I have 100k on an ls1 now and it pulls every bit as hard as it did new. the ls6 will live a long time at 500rwhp if tuned properly. They've gotten absolutely bone stock 100k mile ls1's to survive with over 750rwhp (but not recommended). And if you want to make 1000-1500 hp the vette is every bit as capable as the supra (both require the $) while still having lowend torque and light weight.

Quick Reply: Supra VS C5 Z06..Choose