Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

370whp new civic si at 8 psi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good peak horsepower, but it seems to lack a good powerband.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by speedytl
i give it props honda are in 6-7-8 second fastest evo hiting high 8.9 second

The evo is also shaped like a school bus... Look at sheps car, its basically a streetable 7 sec mitsu. There is not ONE honda out there that runs 7 sec and can be driven daily. Also, look at the Brent Rau who owns the eclipse that runs a 7.00 at 197.00 mph.... again the evo was never designed for drag racing, it was evolved into one from the nice guys at buschur/ams and other companies that know what they are doing..

Hondas are deff great cars by all means, but in the sport of drag racing, there will never be a fwd that beats a rwd and there is no replacement for displacement
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im sure once you get the car going its a beast but understeer must be a bi*** on that car being that its fwd. I drove a stock cobalt SS around an autocross track and even that had a good amount of understreer in the turns and I had to slow down to get the car where I wanted to go.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
The evo is also shaped like a school bus... Look at sheps car, its basically a streetable 7 sec mitsu. There is not ONE honda out there that runs 7 sec and can be driven daily. Also, look at the Brent Rau who owns the eclipse that runs a 7.00 at 197.00 mph.... again the evo was never designed for drag racing, it was evolved into one from the nice guys at buschur/ams and other companies that know what they are doing..

Hondas are deff great cars by all means, but in the sport of drag racing, there will never be a fwd that beats a rwd and there is no replacement for displacement
brent rau's car isn't even close to streetable(not to mention tube frame/RWD conversion)and i doubt you'll catch shep driving his car around town either.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hondafan
brent rau's car isn't even close to streetable(not to mention tube frame/RWD conversion)and i doubt you'll catch shep driving his car around town either.
Never said that Brents car was daily driven, I was just stating to a reply that yes there are hondas that run 6's, 7's, 8's but also mitsus that can run similar times. (meaning Brent Rau's)

Doesnt matter if i would catch shep driving his car around town or not, the fact is that he could if he wanted to. last time i checked, he still had his interior and is FULL BODIED!!! show me them hondas that are FULL BODIED and not TUBE FRAMED, find me any honda in the world where someone put as little as a vtec controller on it and didnt yank the seats out of thier HB honda. Same with curt brown, everytime i went to the track, who did i see pull in after a nice little drive.. thats a low low 9 sec evo that was driven ALOT.

Fact of the matter is hondas are great tuning engines, but they are not dominate by any means.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
last time i checked, he still had his interior and is FULL BODIED!!! show me them hondas that are FULL BODIED and not TUBE FRAMED, find me any honda in the world where someone put as little as a vtec controller on it and didnt yank the seats out of thier HB honda. .
did you ever hear of gary gardella's ecko civic hatch that was full-bodied and ran 8 flat through a factory honda 5-speed with a swapped diff? it's just as streetable as shep and runs race gas(doesn't shep run on meth?). and he's not the only one, there are others. not bashing mitsu(i drive them as well as some friends), but there are plenty of 9-10 second street driven honda's too.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats not bad.