Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Sold the evo keeping the 370 whp 92 civic

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am joking, didn't mean to kill this thread!
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All you need is a K series in that hatch with some engine management and your golden. Look to spend around $7k, depending on who you know.

And for all the nay sayers here that dont think a Civic hatch w/ a K series can keep up, if not beat an Evo, have obviously not ridden in one.

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Alot of bang for the buck honda is but not a Evo
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
All you need is a K series in that hatch with some engine management and your golden. Look to spend around $7k, depending on who you know.

And for all the nay sayers here that dont think a Civic hatch w/ a K series can keep up, if not beat an Evo, have obviously not ridden in one.

That is a nice ride!! You got the power to weight advantage, but NOT the top end punch, nor the AWD launch. I am not knocking those cars, but never had one hand me anything yet. (they are out there though).
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

I have seen people launch these little FWD cars like it's nobodys buisness. A 370hp
Civic is nothing to laugh at by all means.

Coming from the Honda world, the Evo is one major expense, in every aspect. Where in the Honda world you could change out four rotors and pads for $450, the Evo tilts the money scale to close to $1400 for F+R. I knew what I was getting into buying the Evo, and have no regrets.

I love my Evo, and a properly built Honda as well.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
A civic is like a Coke can on Crack
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

I have seen people launch these little FWD cars like it's nobodys buisness. A 370hp
Civic is nothing to laugh at by all means.

Coming from the Honda world, the Evo is one major expense, in every aspect. Where in the Honda world you could change out four rotors and pads for $450, the Evo tilts the money scale to close to $1400 for F+R. I knew what I was getting into buying the Evo, and have no regrets.

I love my Evo, and a properly built Honda as well.
I agree with you there, and personally love the Hondas, lots of R&D in those, and parts are cheap. they are keeping the "younger" tuners in mind, and marketing to them. No problem with that at all. The Evo is more of a sophisticate race car, which is more appealing when it comes out to ALL OUT performance. Straitline/offroad/roadcourse, doesn't matter, the Evo will spank a honda in the all over class, without swapping a motor to do it. You are more than welcome to attend this event, to see how your HONDA stacks up to many different evos. That is what this event is for. Again, to each their own, and I MORE THEN ANYONE on here, knows HOW expensive an evo is. www.wingedwarrior.net

OPEN REGISTRATION FOR THE RACERS WILL BE IN JANUARY 2007!!

http://media.putfile.com/WW2-Teaser

Photos of Team Imports Roster for the last event:
http://www.wingedwarrior.net/oldsite...eamImport.html

Photos of TEAM USA Roster for the last event:
http://www.wingedwarrior.net/oldsite/RosterTeamUSA.html

Here is lots of photos/videos of ALL events we have had for the kids!
http://www.wingedwarrior.net/media.html
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
A civic is like a Coke can on Crack

And an Evo is a shoe box on meth.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

How much does a 370whp hatch cost to build if you don't have "hookups"? I'm talking about buying all the parts new and a turbo kit.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I agree with you there, and personally love the Hondas, lots of R&D in those, and parts are cheap. they are keeping the "younger" tuners in mind, and marketing to them. No problem with that at all. The Evo is more of a sophisticate race car, which is more appealing when it comes out to ALL OUT performance. Straitline/offroad/roadcourse, doesn't matter, the Evo will spank a honda in the all over class, without swapping a motor to do it. You are more than welcome to attend this event, to see how your HONDA stacks up to many different evos. That is what this event is for. Again, to each their own, and I MORE THEN ANYONE on here, knows HOW expensive an evo is. www.wingedwarrior.net

OPEN REGISTRATION FOR THE RACERS WILL BE IN JANUARY 2007!!

http://media.putfile.com/WW2-Teaser

Photos of Team Imports Roster for the last event:
http://www.wingedwarrior.net/oldsite...eamImport.html

Photos of TEAM USA Roster for the last event:
http://www.wingedwarrior.net/oldsite/RosterTeamUSA.html

Here is lots of photos/videos of ALL events we have had for the kids!
http://www.wingedwarrior.net/media.html

That is'nt a pic of my Honda, it's from a company called Top Setup out here. This is a pic of one of my old Hondas.

Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

well 370whp civic is a beast but your gonna be burning out like crazy...the only way your gonna beat an modded evo is from a roll. but anyway you said you were getting rid of your evo cause it needed to many things to be replaced...like brakes, clutch, tires. im just curious, arent those things that every CAR needs replacing from time to time.
i just dont understand cause i make 3000 dollars a month and my bills, not including gas are 2300 a month, then factor in food and gas. i still have been able to replace my brakes, will be replacing my clutch and jsut got a new set of rims in wich teh tires are 265/35/18..thats 300 a tire
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by E. Haskell
How much does a 370whp hatch cost to build if you don't have "hookups"? I'm talking about buying all the parts new and a turbo kit.

Well, you can acheive 370hp in NA form now with the K series swap. The K series are
not cheap though. You can prolly get the swap done for around $8k. You can go crazy and do the K24 bottom end with the K20 head, and start having some real fun.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

oh and btw i love hondas too
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Well, you can acheive 370hp in NA form now with the K series swap. The K series are
not cheap though. You can prolly get the swap done for around $8k. You can go crazy and do the K24 bottom end with the K20 head, and start having some real fun.
370whp from a NA 4cyl ? Is that a race built engine?
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Revvin, that is a SWEEEET honda as well! You got that one looking awesome!