Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

I saw the STi in VA today.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2002, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I saw the STi in VA today.

Was at an import car meet today was...checking out all the cars with their mods...when lo and behold I came across a blue, and a white STi. With the STi tag and lights, interior only the exhaust, BOV, intake, Rims were different. Here is the kicker, some rich girl, I think maybe her father owns....it cuz she played it off like it was hers. But anyhow could that be possible...It was LHD too. Could the STi be imported over here already???? Even before the EVO??
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

bleh...hate the look of scoobies

btw, how's that your mazda mp3? i was looking into one like months ago and was gonna buy it cuz it comes all hooked up(interior and exterior wise except under the hood), but decided not to cuz the power output on that thing stinks!
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Was it definitely an STi? Is it possible it just had all the badging and a few mods or did you get a better look than you've mentioned?

I suppose it's also possible it was imported like Evos and Skylines...there are precious few LHD japanese/LHD cars, but there are some (depending upon model). I'm not sure about the STi, but it's a possibility. I've also heard read a bit about conversions....not sure about legality though.

I'd be interested if anyone knew more about either conversions or importing STi's...not that I plan on doing either.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Are you perfectly sure it was an STi, and not a WRX rebadged with perhaps a modded hood and various other sundry STi products?
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:36 AM

Cool

My Mazda MP3 is a beast on the twisties and exit ramps. As far as hp well I knew it wouldn't be a straight line car. Althought there is one out there that is pushing 200WHP. I could spend the money and the time, but am patiently waiting for the EVO. Oh yeh ....in the looks dept. Neck breaker, there is no comparison. Hardly a few out there. Gives you that one and only feeling whenever on the street. As far as the car I saw being an STi, like I said, it not only had the badges but had all the engine goodies as well.

Last edited by deepcover6; Mar 9, 2002 at 06:38 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by deepcover6
My Mazda MP3 is a beast on the twisties and exit ramps. As far as hp well I knew it wouldn't be a straight line car. Althought there is one out there that is pushing 200WHP. I could spend the money and the time, but am patiently waiting for the EVO. Oh yeh ....in the looks dept. Neck breaker, there is no comparison. Hardly a few out there. Gives you that one and only feeling whenever on the street.
i totally agree with you on the mp3's look, there's really not many cars in its class that are comparable with the similar price. if they had any blue ones left at the time i would be driving an mp3 rather than a civic and still be ragging on oz's sorry guys it's a joke
Old Mar 9, 2002, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

STI in VA?

I live in VA too but I've never see an STI Impreza. Were you up in Manasas at Burger king or on 28 at the Expo Center? I have seen a copy of suby's rally car though some kid drives it around a lot have you seen this one?
Old Mar 9, 2002, 08:08 AM

Cool

Was at Tysons Two Galleria....there was an import meet there...that is where I saw both STi.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

I see I see. Never knew they had car meets in the galleria. I woulda came and set off everyone's alarm...I do that weekly over there so if you hear loud music and alarms going off and see a black lancer around that would be me.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by loneeemeeeee
I see I see. Never knew they had car meets in the galleria. I woulda came and set off everyone's alarm...I do that weekly over there so if you hear loud music and alarms going off and see a black lancer around that would be me.

oooooo i hate peeps like you who have to bump the music and set my car alarm off .....:soapbox: :soapbox:
Old Mar 9, 2002, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

LoL. Gotta do something till I get that Turbo...plus it only works on people with cheap alarms or ones which are overly sensitive.
Old Mar 9, 2002, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Hooray for 2-stage car alarms...no false alarms!
Old Mar 9, 2002, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by loneeemeeeee
LoL. Gotta do something till I get that Turbo...plus it only works on people with cheap alarms or ones which are overly sensitive.
lol...back in the days (5yrs ago) a VIPEr 500+ alarm wasn't considered cheap but top of the line :headbng2:

overly sensitive ...maybe
Old Mar 9, 2002, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

THere are many USDM WRX's with different headlights and badging... what you need to look for is the 6 speed tranny... that is the most unique of the new age STi's offerings. Oh yeah, that and the mega expensive black seats with blue inserts. (approx $4K for fronts and back)
Old Mar 10, 2002, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

anyone can make their subaru look like a STi for a few grand

Quick Reply: I saw the STi in VA today.