Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

EVO to Cayman?........

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see one day having a super modified Evo and a Ferrari.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by doccommando
I can see one day having a super modified Evo and a Ferrari.
It's cool to modify cars and all that, but I've been there and done that with my first EVO and as far as Im concerned, the EVO is best left unmolested with the possible exception of a reflash or XEDE. Everything else will compromise some part of the car and quite possibly ruin it.

As far as owning a Ferrari, well.... I'm a car enthusiast, of course I'd love to own a Ferrari, even and old one
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

IMHO i think the Cayman is ugly. like said before, to each his own. i think Scion XB's are hideous but look how many people drive them.

i just bought my 07 Tacoma Xrunner, that was my upgrade from my 06 Ralliart that got crashed. reason i got a truck? its more practical. im 19, probably moving out of my parents house this summer and am gonna need a truck to haul my stuff. you obviously dont need a truck, you just wanna go fast and look good. thats fine by me, my truck does 0-60 in 6.5 and pulls .90 g's on the skid pad. thats pretty good handling compared to every other truck on the road.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

I think the Cayman is one of the best looking Porsche's out right now, short of a GT3 that is. Here's a couple photos of my moms slightly dirty Cayman S. I'm borrowing it untill my evo is ready.

Old Jan 7, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SocalES
IMHO i think the Cayman is ugly. like said before, to each his own. i think Scion XB's are hideous but look how many people drive them.

i just bought my 07 Tacoma Xrunner, that was my upgrade from my 06 Ralliart that got crashed. reason i got a truck? its more practical. im 19, probably moving out of my parents house this summer and am gonna need a truck to haul my stuff. you obviously dont need a truck, you just wanna go fast and look good. thats fine by me, my truck does 0-60 in 6.5 and pulls .90 g's on the skid pad. thats pretty good handling compared to every other truck on the road.
Well, from somebody who thinks a pickup truck is the paragon of vehicular beauty, your opinion that the Cayman is ugly can be taken as a great compliment
Old Jan 7, 2007, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

do you even know what the X-runner is?
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SocalES
do you even know what the X-runner is?
I think I do. It's a nice high performance Japanese pickup truck...
There is a picture of the pickup truck and a picture of the Cayman.... I know that this is all about personal preferences, but I'd say the Cayman is by far the best looking of the two...
Attached Thumbnails EVO to Cayman?........-normal.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by silverEVO8; Jan 7, 2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Haha! Oh man, do you even know what an X-Runner is....

Man I love that X-Runner, but come on. The Cayman is a beautiful car. I think this thread can be summed up by this; to all the negative people, go drive one. Thats all that needs to be said. Trust me the Evo didnt feel the same to me after that drive. (Nor did it after the Elise test drive either...)
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Dont do it
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Haha! Oh man, do you even know what an X-Runner is....

Man I love that X-Runner, but come on. The Cayman is a beautiful car. I think this thread can be summed up by this; to all the negative people, go drive one. Thats all that needs to be said. Trust me the Evo didnt feel the same to me after that drive. (Nor did it after the Elise test drive either...)
You are right of course. They need to test drive the Cayman S before passing judgement. The trouble is that they don't just let anybody test drive new Porsches . Like it or not, the dealers don't take just anybody seriously....
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Agreed. But my point is one of ignorance. I do not expect everyone to test drive one or to be able to, I just want people to stop being ignorant. Do not act like an expert and talk crap if your not familiar with the car, meaning those discrediting the Cayman as a chick car should either experience the car or pipe down. Its just like the many members on here discounting the Evo X before an actual production model is shown and before ANYONE has driven it....
Old Jan 8, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Car and Driver took a Cayman S around the Virginia Raceway track 4 seconds faster than an Evo MR.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Agreed. But my point is one of ignorance. I do not expect everyone to test drive one or to be able to, I just want people to stop being ignorant. Do not act like an expert and talk crap if your not familiar with the car, meaning those discrediting the Cayman as a chick car should either experience the car or pipe down. Its just like the many members on here discounting the Evo X before an actual production model is shown and before ANYONE has driven it....
Well, your idea is good. The problem is that you are dealing with a lot of people who are either teenagers or pretty much act like one. No disrespect intended, but it's a well known fact that teenagers know everything and can't be told anything . Many EVO owners have no clue of the other marques' history, reputation or fame. For instance, the vast majority don't know much at all about cars other than the last few years of Japanese car production. I'd bet you a dime to a donut that they would consider a 991 cabrio or and XKE or even an AC Cobra to be "chick cars"....

Last edited by silverEVO8; Jan 8, 2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

if anyone at all thinks an AC Cobra is a chick car, they should be troat punched, then eye gouged.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steve_evo
The Z4m is more a track car than the cayman S and a much better value, not too mention it looks awesome (your wife will thank you).
Steve
LOL. BMW has no say on any Porsche cars. Your BMW M brakes will fry early than any Porsche brakes. More of a track car? LOL.

Personally I look at the cayman and just see a boxster with a hardtop plastered on it, but that's my opinion.
Steve
Another LOL. and your MZ coupe is another Z4 with a hardtop plastered. The Cayman has more hips than a boxster. Check your eyes. You have a cataract.

And no LSD for 65-70k? give me a break,... this car was intentionally downgraded to not supercede the 911's performance.
Steve
And all 911 in the US doesn't come with any LSD except the GT2, GT3, and the turbo. Lotus Elise didn't come with LSD and it's fast enough in the track.
Again, no BMW can touch any Porsche. BMW M cars came from modifying passenger cars to a race car. Porsche came from a race car to making it a street car.

Last edited by evo55; Jan 8, 2007 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: EVO to Cayman?........