Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

EVO to Cayman?........

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Z06 in a MIN easilly.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by doccommando
Do you know anything about the Boxster? Have any idea about Porsche's heritage?

The Vette is a piece of crap next to any Porsche. It's a fast piece of crap, but it's still a piece of crap.
I agree. The build quality of the cheapest Porsche is light years ahead on any vette, including the Z06. I still yet have to see an American car that has excellent ergonomics and interior quality. Just shut the doors of the porsche and compare it to the way the vette's doors shut. The german cars has the quality. Look at the interior, the quality of the leather, and the ergonomics. And you know what, if you fill the interior of both cars with water (pour it through the sun roof) while all doors are shut, the vette will flush more water faster than Niagara water falls. Vettes are fast, no doubt about it, but it lacks appeal when you are inside the car touching the bottons, shutting the door, etc. I guess to some people it washes that perception on cars when the car has 1000hp. Now if the interior quality of the vettes are like porsches or ferraris, then the car will be worth almost as a Ford GT (which is a car that has been designed by the US, UK, and I think Italy. I may be wrong on the Italy. It could be Germany).
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo55
I agree. The build quality of the cheapest Porsche is light years ahead on any vette, including the Z06. I still yet have to see an American car that has excellent ergonomics and interior quality. Just shut the doors of the porsche and compare it to the way the vette's doors shut. The german cars has the quality. Look at the interior, the quality of the leather, and the ergonomics. And you know what, if you fill the interior of both cars with water (pour it through the sun roof) while all doors are shut, the vette will flush more water faster than Niagara water falls. Vettes are fast, no doubt about it, but it lacks appeal when you are inside the car touching the bottons, shutting the door, etc. I guess to some people it washes that perception on cars when the car has 1000hp. Now if the interior quality of the vettes are like porsches or ferraris, then the car will be worth almost as a Ford GT (which is a car that has been designed by the US, UK, and I think Italy. I may be wrong on the Italy. It could be Germany).
I agree...The Z06 is definitely one fine performing automobile, but it costs a hell of a lot more than a Cayman S and frankly, it will never hold up as well as a Porsche. Like it or not the Z06 is a GM car and suffers from the same lack of overall quality of the rest of Chevrolets. Even though it's a stellar performer, it's quality and ergonomics leaves a lot to be desired those door buttons alone are reason no to buy one I can just imagine getting trapped inside one.....
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:14 AM

Well, it just depends what you want then. If you're talking about interior and build quality, wtf you doing here? We all drive pieces of **** then. haha I'm not a huge fan of Corvettes either, but until you drive these cars and know how to drive these cars, you don't know what they are. I'm speaking from a performance perspective, but apparently we're suppose to consider the interior and comfort now? it IS about HP, speed, and all. what the heck are we talking about then? If you want comfort and luxury for the family, get a new G35 sedan or something then (which is actually nice). The Acura TL and TSX interior look better and is more comfortable than the EVO, why did you get the EVO instead of those cars?

It IS about getting bang for the buck. Why would you buy a ****ty BMW 525 for $40+ when there are an endless amount of better cars? Simply buy it because it's a "5 SERIES"? no way.

it's simply what a person is interested in. either way, I'm sure the new M3 will have it all. so just wait for that. haha
Old Jan 11, 2007, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

You have no idea and experience on this car. Waiting for my 997GT3 that's all I can say.
Your kidding again, right? Ive actually test drove the Cayman S twice, and I was here supporting it. I question the validity of you doing 170 mph+ on open roads, etc. If you did, well then your just a moron.

To add, if you claim to fame for the Cayman is doing 170 mph, your missing the true point of the car.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Your kidding again, right? Ive actually test drove the Cayman S twice, and I was here supporting it. I question the validity of you doing 170 mph+ on open roads, etc. If you did, well then your just a moron.

To add, if you claim to fame for the Cayman is doing 170 mph, your missing the true point of the car.
Mid-engine is a true point of a real sports car. And you being a hypocrit is also a moron. You test drove a cayman but never owned it. Can't rip it because the salesman or the real owner won't let you do it. LOL. You own an evo and your telling me you didn't drive it pass 130 mph? what a hypocrit and a moron you are! Too bad you are one of those people who just test drives and brings final conclusion about the car. Here in CA, we have lots of open road that we can safely test the top speed of a car. I'm sure other enthusiast who have cars with a lot of potential test their car's top speed. Too bad you live in an area that is crowded.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Mid-engine is a true point of a real sports car. And you being a hypocrit is also a moron. You test drove a cayman but never owned it. Can't rip it because the salesman or the real owner won't let you do it. LOL. You own an evo and your telling me you didn't drive it pass 130 mph? what a hypocrit and a moron you are! Too bad you are one of those people who just test drives and brings final conclusion about the car. Here in CA, we have lots of open road that we can safely test the top speed of a car. I'm sure other enthusiast who have cars with a lot of potential test their car's top speed. Too bad you live in an area that is crowded.
You need to go back to school and read (and learn english, "you being a hypocrit is also a moron", what does that mean?). I was DEFENDING the Cayman, praising the vehicle. What I dont praise though is running 170 mph on open roads, period. I dont care how open it is, you broke the law in a wreckless manner. And no, I have not driven my car over 130 mph. Ive never gotten much more than 100 mph on it, because the tracks I have been on all have short straights. Thats where I drive fast, on the track or autocross course. I suggest you, who lives in Cali by many nice tracks, do the same in the future.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

"you being a hypocrit is also a moron", what does that mean?).
It means you are living in a cartoon world. LOL.

And no, I have not driven my car over 130 mph. Ive never gotten much more than 100 mph on it, because the tracks I have been on all have short straights.
You are a big liar. You should have just bought a miata instead of an EVO.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

You need to go back to school and read (and learn english, "you being a hypocrit is also a moron", what does that mean?). I was DEFENDING the Cayman, praising the vehicle. What I dont praise though is running 170 mph on open roads, period. I dont care how open it is, you broke the law in a wreckless manner. And no, I have not driven my car over 130 mph. Ive never gotten much more than 100 mph on it, because the tracks I have been on all have short straights. Thats where I drive fast, on the track or autocross course. I suggest you, who lives in Cali by many nice tracks, do the same in the future.
Well put
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

The Cayman S was faster than the MR when tested on a track.

I love my Evo, but I also know that they don't compare to Porsches.

If we were just talking about bang for our bucks and that's all we cared about we'd all be driving Z28 Camaros or Civic hatches with motor transplants.

The Porsche is head and shoulders above the Vette as an all around car. Did anyone say it would take the Z06? Besides, the Z06 should be compared with the 997 and even though it's definitely faster on a strip and a track, the 997 will be more fun to drive. It'll also be more reliable, look nicer and have a better interior. I understand if those things mean nothing to you, but if I'm going to spend over 70k on a car, it isn't all about who's fastest in a straight line.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AzBlackEvo8
You guys are crazy, I take a Cayman over any EVO anyday. It's a different class, Evo is too childish compare to cayman. I just wish I have the bank account to get one.

When you talking about performance wise, EVO wins over a lot of cars so thats not really an excuse. A Porsche is a porsche, some of you might lable cayman as "Poor" man's Porsche but still looks better than any Evo out there.

Just my 2cent, flame on~
Thats probably the most shallow piece of cr@p i've read so far on this thread. So basically, you're all about name brand and not whats really important...performance. Anybody could buy an old beat up bmw, benz, or porsche and walk around bragging that they drive those cars.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

But he evo is a family saloon. It's fun for the whole family. If you go Caymen, go S. If I went Porsche I would go 997 Carrera S at least. Then you have tradition behind you. The 335i coupe is super sweet too but you are not going to get a better performance car for the money than a vette if you go more expensive. Look at Audi too. The new A4 and S4 are sweet. You trade performance for luxury but anything other than the Evo does that. To sum up my post if you nix the Evo for some luxury go German.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBzKhW5zJU

answers here....

It's technically brilliant, it's kinda like an airbus. It's an engineering marval but there is no sense of passion.....

Answers lie here.....
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:59 AM

no matter how "open" the road is, if it's a highway or freeway, it's not a good idea. ask Sean Morris, he did that with a R33 and totaled it. haha i hope this doesn't get to him. lol he gets so **** when anyone mentions it. He's not a noob driver either, considering he races R34's.

Z28 or Civic hatches? Sure, it depends what price range you're in. EVO or Z28? EVO, handles better and is faster. Right? That's the reason you didn't get a Z28 or even SS. It's about potential too. When I purchased the EVO, I took into account it's potential. ex. it's a monster modded, track, straight, whatever. If an EVO was modded to the same $ as the caymann, it would kill it. That's what I mean as far as bang for the buck for the performance. But bling, interior, comfort, that's a different story as we all know.

I'd take the 997 over Z06 too, but there is the price gap. The reason why I would pick the 997 over the Z06 is obviously because of interior, bling, and all. =P So once again, it depends on preference and what you're looking for.

I guess some of us regret buying the EVO. haha or maybe because you have a EVO8. =x

Last edited by xxazn2nrxx; Jan 11, 2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xxazn2nrxx
Well, it just depends what you want then. If you're talking about interior and build quality, wtf you doing here? We all drive pieces of **** then. haha I'm not a huge fan of Corvettes either, but until you drive these cars and know how to drive these cars, you don't know what they are. I'm speaking from a performance perspective,
WTF am I doing here?... How about discussing the possibility of trading my EVO for a Cayman or Cayman S . Personally, I don't think we all drive pieces of ****. As I already said, I think the Z06 is one fine high performance car, but at the price it's no bargain unless all you care about is ultimate high speed driving and don't care about reliability.

but apparently we're suppose to consider the interior and comfort now? it IS about HP, speed, and all. what the heck are we talking about then? If you want comfort and luxury for the family, get a new G35 sedan or something then (which is actually nice). The Acura TL and TSX interior look better and is more comfortable than the EVO, why did you get the EVO instead of those cars?
Excuse me but you speak only for yourself. It's not all about HP, speed and all (whatever you mean by "all"). I bought the EVO because I thought it was a very neat car to own. Very high performance for a reasonably good price. I wanted an enthusiast's car. Not a luxury sedan. If I wanted one of those, I would have purchased something else

It IS about getting bang for the buck. Why would you buy a ****ty BMW 525 for $40+ when there are an endless amount of better cars? Simply buy it because it's a "5 SERIES"? no way.
it's simply what a person is interested in. either way, I'm sure the new M3 will have it all. so just wait for that. haha
That's exactly what I'm talking about, "getting bang for the buck". Oh yeah, nobody said anything about buying a 525 for $40K (BTW, good luck trying to get one for that price). Also, there really is no "endless amounts" or better cars. On the contrary, all there is is an endless amount of arguments about which car is better among a few models of different brands.

BTW, I fail to understand your logic in some points. Why would you pass up a car with equal or better performance than the EVO plus comfort, luxury, safety, reliability and style? I don't want to drive around every day in a race car. I don't even like to drive daily in the EVO GSR or RS, that's why I got the MR.... This is one of the reasons I don't get the Cayman and I don't like the M3 or S4. They ride like race cars. A daily commute on the broken up streets of Atlanta would make your dental fillings fall out. Who needs that from some very expensive car?

Quick Reply: EVO to Cayman?........