Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

DSM Custom Tubular K Member, Tubular Control Arms, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DSM Custom Tubular K Member, Tubular Control Arms, etc

Here are some pics of one of our team's project cars that my bro Shamus is putting together. All parts are made of chromoly. More pics and info soon. The car ran a best of 11.39 @ 123mph last year with a stock block, head (272 cams), small 16g turbo and 75 shot. This year we will tune the AEM and get the chassis setup with the 16g and some methanol prior to going to a built block and 42R. The goal is to have the car well into the 10's with the 16g. It should be 300 to 400lbs lighter this year with a much better suspension setup.

I should also mention the tubular control arms are 4.4lbs total, the steering rack is 12lbs, and K member is 15lbs including the motor mounts. The stock stuff weighed about 99lbs.

Willwood Dynalite brakes and rotors are also being installed. Unsprung weight is going to drop significantly!

Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like we may be offering these for a 1G AWD as a kit with the custom k-member, control arms and motor mounts. The kit would save 50 - 55lbs and cost around $1,199. It will not initially support a swaybar and will be intended for track drag racing use only.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

I like the new additions Very good work quality also!
Old Feb 18, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

I like the new additions Very good work quality also!
Old Feb 19, 2007, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Tim! You have one kick *** project started too!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
leave it to me to bring back the dead.

any chance your making one for the evo 8?? also making it drag ready and street use friendly.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
leave it to me to bring back the dead.

any chance your making one for the evo 8?? also making it drag ready and street use friendly.
that is what we probably should have made them for in the first place. no one wants to spend money in the dsm market... i really do not think i could talk my fabricator into at this time unless i came up with a chunk of cash to have him r&d it which i don't have. we still have two of the dsm ones though if anyone has a dsm and is looking...
Old Feb 11, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DragNRacing
that is what we probably should have made them for in the first place. no one wants to spend money in the dsm market... i really do not think i could talk my fabricator into at this time unless i came up with a chunk of cash to have him r&d it which i don't have. we still have two of the dsm ones though if anyone has a dsm and is looking...

maybe we can get a lst of people who would be interested and see what kind of oucome we come up with. i my self have been looking for one for quit some time now and along my path i have bumped into alot of people also claiming they would love to see an option out there.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
maybe we can get a lst of people who would be interested and see what kind of oucome we come up with. i my self have been looking for one for quit some time now and along my path i have bumped into alot of people also claiming they would love to see an option out there.
it wouldn't hurt to know the amount of interest and i could pass those numbers on to my fabricator. i know that i would not mind losing another 40+lbs off the front of the magnum.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very noice! bet that 1g will pull straight and true now!11 what you got done to the trans?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 04:21 PM

looks very good
Old Feb 11, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itsme4g63
very noice! bet that 1g will pull straight and true now!11 what you got done to the trans?
Thank you.

No trans yet. The car is still a work in progress. Need more money! Every time I think about putting money into it to get it finished, I buy something else. Right now I am seriously considering getting a Genesis Coupe. I haven't decided between an auto or manual for the DSM. If I do the manual, I will have Buschwacker build me up one. For the auto, I was working with Kiggly.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8ftw
looks very good
Thank you!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

The car itself should be right around 2,000lbs with glass/no driver. Here are some more pictures of the tube frame back half and Moser 9"/four link rear end. My fabricator built a custom spool for it. It is mini-tubbed in the back as well...still AWD

Old Feb 11, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DragNRacing
Thank you.

No trans yet. The car is still a work in progress. Need more money! Every time I think about putting money into it to get it finished, I buy something else. Right now I am seriously considering getting a Genesis Coupe. I haven't decided between an auto or manual for the DSM. If I do the manual, I will have Buschwacker build me up one. For the auto, I was working with Kiggly.
you aint the only one, I ben banging on about for the alst 2 years how great that genesis coupe will be, and its almost out finally. For the 42r auto, for the 16g 5 speed, have fun with it while u can, cause auto is strictly business straigline ****e.

Quick Reply: DSM Custom Tubular K Member, Tubular Control Arms, etc