Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

M3(e36) Rx-7(FD3S).. Help!. Decisions..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
single turbo (GT35R) = more reliable than stock twins. NOTE: DO NOT BOOST OVER 15PSI on a rotary (13B-REW) for reliability unless
1) race gas.

15 psi on a GT35r w A-Spec housings (on steve kan's tune) ~ 410 rwhp. Good bye C6 Z06.

www.rx7club.com if you go rotary. READ EVERYTHING B4 you buy. If it's too much for you, don't even consider the rx-7.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:24 PM

and for those of you who haven't seen my FD's ('cause most of you have, it's in the same section) here it is once more!

Old Jan 24, 2007, 04:49 AM
Evolving Member

if you want something reliable and quick get an integra type r. you can beat the crap out of the car and it will still keep going and some headers exhaust and a tune and youll be running mid 13... im not a honda guy (don't really like them) but the integra is the best you can get in your price range (11-16k)
Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by finbarqs
and for those of you who haven't seen my FD's ('cause most of you have, it's in the same section) here it is once more!

Love he 99 spec look. great looking car.. here is the FD I speak of. It is a 93 R1 with Supra RSP paint(he hates the front bumper , wing , and wheels)

the twins

the to4r
Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

wow man..... potentials on the rotary engines are just unbelievable ... you are saying that... gt35r w/ 15 psi w/ steve kan's tune is 410 rwhp...?.. dam!.. now the car that i am getting is gt40r.. now w/ 15psi and a tune by steve would be pretty dam sick!...

but right now the car is untuned and also only running 10 psi...
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

You do realize how much of a waste it is to continue to turn over cars at that rate, right?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by thaigleshmk
wow man..... potentials on the rotary engines are just unbelievable ... you are saying that... gt35r w/ 15 psi w/ steve kan's tune is 410 rwhp...?.. dam!.. now the car that i am getting is gt40r.. now w/ 15psi and a tune by steve would be pretty dam sick!...

but right now the car is untuned and also only running 10 psi...

GT35r seems to be a good sweet spot for the RX-7. Some people like the feeling of the sequential twin system and they go for the BNR stage 3 twins. (which gives them about 360-370 on 15psi). But anyway Steve kan lives in Texas. he comes to so cal about 3 times a year... maybe less... Everytime he's here, he always has a line waiting for him. (FC's, FB's, and FD's).

like i said, if you really want that FD, get a compression, have a rotary mechanic look at it. Of course I live in Socal so those are plentiful.

You can't go wrong with an M3. I love them!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

my freind with the gt35r, before he blew it of course had it runnin great at around 15 psi. Not sure what he was runnin exactly. Up here in maine nobody even knows what a rotary is. He just messed his tune up. Plus he had the stock 87 rear iron. This was before mazda reinforced it. thats what blew this time. but unfortunitely when the rear iron blew a hole in iteself it messed up a rotor, and housing. he didnt wanna pay for another re-build... just fir the possibilty of it happeneing again. He has his gt35r up for sale as well.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

neither car...u know its hard 2 find a good tuner for fd's and bmw with highmilage is gonna give u a headache maitenance wise....get a eg!!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

eg?... hatch?.....
Well... see I don't really know much about hondas... but all i know is that lots of people rice it out and it just gives it a really bad name.. .. also lots of teenagers drive it.. so i am afraid that it might get stolen

How is honda in terms of fast?.. Can they be really that fast?
B/c all my friends that have hondas.. They all talk bad about my evo.
They say that they can smoke my car once they turbo it.
Now . back to the modding thing. If I mod a honda. (not rice it out) but in terms of performance. Will it be good? Fast? Compare to my evo.. ?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

there are some EG hatches that would smoke your evo. with the right engine swap and such they are insanely fast and reliable. Issue is.... it would be a project.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
there are some EG hatches that would smoke your evo. with the right engine swap and such they are insanely fast and reliable. Issue is.... it would be a project.
Hmm. Interesting.. Such as?...
Anyone verify me this?..
Give me one example..
Type R engine on a hatch?..
K20 on a hatch?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

im not a huge EG, honda guy at all but I do know for a fact that there are some insanely fast ones out there. reachable power. Im not sure on the certain engines either. someone im sure will chime in with more info...
Old Jan 24, 2007, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Guys... If i can't decide which is better. I'll probably just end up buying a honda or something... Because hondas are well known for that(reliability)... So I'll get a type R or something...
Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:20 PM

good choice.