Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

M3(e36) Rx-7(FD3S).. Help!. Decisions..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little update guys....

I went to test drive the integra type R today.. (2001 w/ 20k miles on it.)..
It has a lot of mods in it..
Reds line at 9,600rpm. Can you say pretty impressive?..
It chirps 1-2 2-3 and A little bit 3-4....
Lol... Can you say no traction on FWD cars... !
I gotta say that the close ratio gear is pretty CLOSE.. lol .. I only move half of an inch and it's 1st... WTF.. ?
Starting up the way... I don't like the way it was idling because it would go up and down up and down.... like from 2k to 1k then to 2k then 1k....
I asked him and he said that it was the advance timing?... Hmmmm

Overall.. = I don't like hondas in general. So I don't wanna give out the range of 1 - 10 because It will be pretty low... but...

I'm still deciding ..

The only car that I haven't test drive yet was the Rx7......

But i'm sure it will be hella fun... If i like the way how rx7 drives. I will def get that car!!! hehehehe...
Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fd's are pieces of dog, cow, bull, chicken, crow, snail ****!!!!!!! They can only be made to rock in 1 configuration that configuration has a Ls1 in between the frame rails

Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck!!Rotarys suck
Old Jan 25, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Wadda hE ll ?... Did you get beat by one of those or soemthing? .... HEHEHE
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:09 PM

hatch + k series swap= highway fun with dependability
Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mighty Healthy
hatch + k series swap= highway fun with dependability
Or buy a first gen DSM and go faster for half. But neither of these are options he gave us.

Go with the FD. Stick with the 13B. Owning a 00' MX-5 LS 5-speed as my DD and with my father driving a 6-speed RX-8 everyday, I can tell you that there is no substitute for the way a mazda can make you smile. The rotary is a godlike engine, if you tune it well and play it safe, it can be very reliable too. Don't ask for too much from the engine, it's there to provide you with enough power to have fun, and it isnt built for abuse like the LS1.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

man this is crazy!! just stick w/ the EVO!!!
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pwrofturbo
Or buy a first gen DSM and go faster for half. But neither of these are options he gave us.
this guys got some smarts
Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Btw - I called the owner of the FD last night .. He says that the oil cooler is not working.. But he ordered it and it shuold be here my monday. It's gonna be aftermarket oil cooler..
So pretty much everything on that car is after market .. lol..
He does his own work. He seems like he knows his stuff.
So we'll wait and see until the car is ready to drive. I am pretty sure I will have fun!..

Thankx for all the informations guys!
Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

FD's with rotarys are moneypits stay far far away!! After the first couple thousand blown motor posts on Rx7club.com you might see what I mean. POS, for every 1 motor that lived at 400whp there are 10 that blow up. Any motor that requires you to tune so perfectly so it won't blow sucks IMO. I speak from experience stock car with catback and filter blew a seal on 93 octane POS!!!

Why do you think the Ls1 swap has become so popular? Why do you see longterm rotor heads switching to the Ls1? The answers are obvious. FD with Ls1/T-56 swap plus heads/cam is a 10 second car@130mph on pump. Throw on some sauce and you'll see 140mph still on pump do some research Ls1/FD's are the only way to go.

Good luck in your decision.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
FD's with rotarys are moneypits stay far far away!! After the first couple thousand blown motor posts on Rx7club.com you might see what I mean. POS, for every 1 motor that lived at 400whp there are 10 that blow up. Any motor that requires you to tune so perfectly so it won't blow sucks IMO. I speak from experience stock car with catback and filter blew a seal on 93 octane POS!!!

Why do you think the Ls1 swap has become so popular? Why do you see longterm rotor heads switching to the Ls1? The answers are obvious. FD with Ls1/T-56 swap plus heads/cam is a 10 second car@130mph on pump. Throw on some sauce and you'll see 140mph still on pump do some research Ls1/FD's are the only way to go.

Good luck in your decision.
Finally someone else who know what I am saying lol. LS1 FDs are awsome same with the few 2JZ-GTE FDs Ive seen. actually I like the 3 an 4 rotor motors too those make some power
Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Well .. That's what I thought of doing If i were to buy the FD.
I was going to drive till that 13b broke or something happen to it.
Then 3 or 4 Rotor time!!....
Keep it in the same family.. You know
Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

as a former M3 owner, great car, but VERY EXPENSIVE to maintain everything is expensive parts wise, and aftermarket is expensive as well. I can tell you though i ended up in an accident that wasnt my fault, the m3 rolled and i walked away without a scratch. the police were suprised at how well the car kept shape.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah man..
European Cars = They don't F around when they build cars..
Because the materials they used weren't junk metals...

Compare to Japanese cars.. It's a total different story when it comes to safety.

I used to have a gti 1.8t (2002)... I got hit on the highway from the rear. My car slid to the guardrail and spun and hit it again.... I thought I was going to die.
But wow, My friend and I survived w/ just a couple of scratches.

This down here : *you don't think we would've survived*

This is the inside = Still stays in the same shape...

But Happy w/ my new ride... heheheeheheh

Old Jan 30, 2007, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

I dont think any of those choices are reasonable but the M3 sounds just a tad more reasonable then the FD. just my 2 cents.